It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Grant Acord Arrested for 'Columbine-Style' School Bomb Plot in Oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Teenager Grant Acord Arrested for 'Columbine-Style' School Bomb Plot in Oregon

www.ibtimes.co.uk

A US teenager has been arrested on suspicion of plotting a "Columbine-style" bombing attack on his school in Oregon, police said on Saturday.

Grant Acord, 17, faces a charge of attempted aggravated murder after six bombs were found hidden under the floorboards in his bedroom, including pipe bombs, a napalm bomb, Molotov cocktails and explosives made from drain cleaner.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
riehlworldview.com
www.gazettetimes.com

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The boy was making some serious planning in secret. It was lucky that he was tipped off before anything could happen. The person tipping him off saved many lives and the police also did their job well.

It is hard to understand for me, why someone would do something like that. He is not known to have any mental health problems, so what were the reasons?

www.ibtimes.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

People are Yahoos. I don't think you have to crazy, but somehow they become reasoned that they must cause as much terror as possible.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
These kids are almost always bullied, and/or have serious undiagnosed mental health issues. 2 major problems

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Whoever blew the whistle on this...did a wonderful thing...and saved many lives.

Grant Acord is going to be tried as an adult...and he will go to prison...what a horrible fate for a 17 year old; but by his own actions he put himself there.

What a waste of a life...I wonder...does he realize what is in store for him in prison? He will be (fresh meat) for many of the inmates; not a future to look forward to.

I just wish that there were more prison programs to help these young men; maybe some of them would turn their lives around.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WOW! Close call! This could've been like the newtown or columbine school killings

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"He's evil and needs to be put in jail cause of his wrong doings"

Really? He was bullied! Those bullies put him to where he is at now! Ugh!! He's not a flipping monster or a crimial. He's just hurt..

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Explosives made from drain cleaner?? Oh I know what that one was without needing it spelled out and I can only wonder how this genius managed to make all this without losing a finger or two himself. I'm sure the bullying would have gotten much worse if 'Stubby' became his new nickname.

I really have no sympathy for these "so called" victims. They stopped being victims and became predators themselves when they chose to take the lives of others when their own physical life was in absolutely no danger. Killing to make a point or to just get "high score" as the ..ahem...7x4 FOOT spreadsheet of killer stats found with Adam Lanza's stuff suggests. They really ARE aware of each other and the numbers "to beat" for ultimate immortality. Which is what our media promises them all, to a person.

I'm glad they got this one. I hate knowing that they have to be 100% right, 100% of the time though. Nuts only has to be lucky, once and it's a national tragedy in 20 point bold headline.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

I don't really agree that it is an acceptable excuse to build bombs because you are "bullied" or "hurt". There is no logical connection between being made fun of and mass murder.

50 years ago, schoolyard bullies were stood up to and fights happened, which is a reasonable order of events and all parties involved learned a lesson and grew from it. Now, we baby and make excuses for pantywaist kids who decide the best course of action is to kill everyone at their school.

Disgusting.
edit on 26-5-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Completely agree with you, kinda, almost. Everything about the "good ole days" sounds great and I wish it were still that way. Unfortunately times have completely changed. Violence has become something we see and hear about everyday. Human Nature equals Arms Race. Kid gets pushed to his limit, kid gets angry. 50 years ago kid fights back. Presently kid fights back, kid loses, kid gets daddy's gun, or kid builds bomb. (which takes all of ten seconds to get a good recipe.) Bullying is a problem, a much larger one than 50 years ago. Why not deal with it in some way?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gohome1122

Personally?

I think kids need their ***es beat!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
"He's evil and needs to be put in jail cause of his wrong doings"

Really? He was bullied! Those bullies put him to where he is at now! Ugh!! He's not a flipping monster or a crimial. He's just hurt..

I read the article and missed the part where the claims of being bullied are the cause of his intentions.

I did read this, however.

Haroldson also revealed Acord had written plans, checklists and a timeline for the attack. He focused on the school because it offered a "target-rich environment" and had been "inspired by the model of the Columbine shootings" in 1999.

So he looks up to killers, and it is apparently not because of ill treatment but opportunity that he chose the school.

Now, we can all spend our days trying to understand the kid. Hoping to discover what it is that makes someone think this way. And in the process witness countless more of them appear. But I don't think there is an answer.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I will brazenly speculatively assert that:

1. It will likely be eventually uncovered, disclosed--or at least evidence will be published sufficiently to conclude that--he had and has a very significant, serious degree of ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

2. The cold look in his eyes bespeaks of a ton of seething hostililty, resentment and resolute vengeance.

= = = =

3. The best book I know on that is:

ATTACHMENTS: WHY WE LOVE, FEEL AND ACT THE WAY WE DO

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369584037&sr=1-1&keywords=ATTACHMENTS+%2BSibcy+%2B +Clinton#_

4. ATTACHMENT DISORDER CAN BE CAUSE BY EITHER OR BOTH PARENTS. However, imho, the overwhelming majority of it is caused by poor FATHERING due to:

A) absent fathers &/or
B) emotionally absent, disconnected fathers &/or
C) emotionally abusive fathers &/or
D) physically (beatings) abusive fathers &/or
E) sexually abusive fathers &/or
F) alcoholic fathers &/or
G) workaholic fathers &/or
H) harsh, cold, distant, not-tuned-in fathers &/or
I) passive, uninterested, not understanding fathers . . .

etc.

== ==

5. 95% of the prisoners in our prisons have serious degrees of attachment disorder.

6. Sometimes I hear "Oh, he went to the kid's ball games. He took him fishing with him . . . he did everything right. Yes, DOING THOSE THINGS TENDS TO BE MUCH BETTER THAN NOT DOING THEM. HOWEVER, in and of themselves, they are no guarantee for preventing ATTACHMENT DISORDER. [color=6699FF]It's important for the father to CONNECT EMOTIONALLY, with healthy affection and emotional bonding at a significantly deep level--full of understanding, compassion, empathy etc. with the child--particularly sons--the first 6-8 years of life. Even going through good motions of showing up at sports activities cannot insure that quality of bonding.

7. Many fathers go through such motions without successful bonding because no one showed them how. They have their own serious attachment disorder from their own poor fathering by their fathers.

8. Some fathers go through such sports attending motions as a kind of 'filling the socially acceptable role' and to try and insure that the son performs at a level PROVING TO OTHERS that the father is a great guy--without any significant bonding with or respect for the son as a specific person with his own unique needs etc. That can contribute to attachment disorder vs prevent it.

= = = = =

9. I recall saying such things right after Columbine and I was trashed a lot for it. Eventually, it became very clear that the parents were quite busy with their professional and social lives and that neither one had bonded in quality ways with the son. Certainly the father had not. Ditto all the other similar mass murder by youth cases.

10. As Dr Murray Banks declares [search on youtube--WHAT TO DO UNTIL THE PSYCHIATRIST COMES], THER IS NO HUMAN BEHAVIOR WITHOUT A REASON. And with all such dramatic traumatic stuff . . . a huge part of the underlying reason HAS to involve ATTACHMENT DISORDER. I've never seen it otherwise in 35+ years of teaching and counseling.

11. I bother writing this brazen set of assertions again [color=6699FF]in THE HOPE THAT someone will wake up as a parent and stop and think--and do all they can to prevent such with their child/children. There are some good articles on the net. Maybe I'll get around to posting some links later. The above book is a great resource with some ways to overcome the effects of ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

12. Recent MRI brain studies have documented that [color=6699FF]there is PHYSIOLOGICAL BRAIN DAMAGE from ATTACHMENT DISORDER--particularly in the areas having to do with emotional expression and in managing RELATIONSHIPS. It can take a lifetime to MOSTLY overcome such damage.

13. PLEASE, FOLKS, as you read and discuss this case with those close to you--discuss such causes as serious degrees of ATTACHMENT DISORDER. And increase your resolve to help eradicate it from parenting. Then this case will not have been exposed in vain.

edit on 26/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE666OCCULT
reply to post by Casualboy100

I don't really agree that it is an acceptable excuse to build bombs because you are "bullied" or "hurt". There is no logical connection between being made fun of and mass murder.

50 years ago, schoolyard bullies were stood up to and fights happened, which is a reasonable order of events and all parties involved learned a lesson and grew from it. Now, we baby and make excuses for pantywaist kids who decide the best course of action is to kill everyone at their school.

Disgusting.
edit on 26-5-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: (no reason given)

You have obviously not raised kids. With kids, especially an adolescent mind, logic takes a back seat to hormone induced impulses.

Not justifying any actions, only helping to shine a line of understanding on them.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

That Columbine mess opened up a whole new can of worms, didn't it? There have been copy cats ever since. I feel like if the media had not made such a huge deal of it for so long maybe we wouldn't still be seeing it over and over again. Seems like some of these disturbed kids seek infamy because they feel their lives have no meaning- bad attention better than no attention, but on an evil, grander scale.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"aggravated murder" as opposed to a mild-mannered murder? :/

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I would have to agree. I think the personal motivations for each of these kids varies from case to case. For some, it may be bullying and for others, it may be a hearty dislike for society or even just a culmination of the fascination with the idea. Back in the 90's, a series of the shooters all had a copy of the book, "Rage", in their possession. Stephen King, himself, was so disturbed by the correlation that he took the book out of print. With the advent of the internet, however, Rage is "out there" again. If the kid idolized Columbine, then I'm sure he would've read "Rage". It's the one time where I do think that a bit of art really may have driven some harm but it still all starts with an unbalanced individual.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

5. 95% of the prisoners in our prisons have serious degrees of attachment disorder.

BO XIAN I too have been a counselor for forty years.

Your entire theory, which I am certain that those
you counsel, absolutely love your explaination
and theory of their behavior, idoes nothing but
perpetuate the "Its someone elses fault" that I
am like I am and or did what I did.

Instead of "MOMMY sat me on the potty crookedly"
its "DADDY was a failure as a father for not potty training me like a man"

Read Samenow and Yokelson for the good truth about criminal thinking and criminal behavior.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

i also wonder what will happen to the poor boy prison wise of course. if i was him i would immediately attack a guard or fellow inmate and get myself thrown in solitary confinment.

i also wonder why certain people catch cases like this, Ive always thought that just maybe everyday joes know somthing that the goverment wants to keep silent, so in turn they either catch a case or win the lottery with strings attached

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think they need to throw the mother in jail too. Or in the very least, get the woman some serious help.
How in the hell can a kid go through all the planning, list making, bomb building and this IDIOT didn't know!

Gimme a break....I am sick of these monsters doing this crap and the parents claim ignorance.
Oh wait...I forgot...this is Oregon

ETA.. Glad the Albany PD acted on the tip and caught the kid. I sincerely doubt that would've happened where I live.
edit on 26-5-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join