It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts to Admit Openly Gay Youths

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

No, like men's rooms and ladies rooms

We have those, it is called "Boy Scouts" and "Girl Scouts".

Tell me again why they are separated?

Because the BSA wants only to include males, while the GSA wants only to include females.

At any time, either of these organizations can change policy regarding membership.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
BSA is a Private Christian Organization and can allow or disallow whomever they choose. What is the difference between allowing a homosexual boy and allowing a girl into the BSA? NOTHING AT ALL!!

Scout Oath:
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

How can a Boy Scout do his duty to God when the BSA is no longer doing it's duty to God?
Scout Law:
A Scout is:
•Trustworthy,
•Loyal,
•Helpful,
•Friendly,
•Courteous,
•Kind,
•Obedient,
•Cheerful,
•Thrifty,
•Brave,
•Clean,
•and Reverent
How can a Boy Scout be fully Reverent in an organization that is no longer reverent?
Gays need to leave PRIVATE CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS ALONE!!!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You sir are missing the point all together. By allowing openly gay CHILDREN into their ranks they have made it sexual. Sex should have never been in it to begin with. Given that they are CHRISTIAN and this completely goes against Christian values. Believe me I was a BSA Scout Master for 12 years and am still very actively involved and I know hundreds of leaders and parents across several districts and I can assure you that BSA's numbers are about to drop severely. We will leave it to the Godless heathans and start another PRIVATE CHRISTIAN organization minus the gays.
www.onmyhonor.net...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
BSA is a Private Christian Organization and can allow or disallow whomever they choose. What is the difference between allowing a homosexual boy and allowing a girl into the BSA? NOTHING AT ALL!!

Scout Oath:
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

How can a Boy Scout do his duty to God when the BSA is no longer doing it's duty to God?
Scout Law:
A Scout is:
•Trustworthy,
•Loyal,
•Helpful,
•Friendly,
•Courteous,
•Kind,
•Obedient,
•Cheerful,
•Thrifty,
•Brave,
•Clean,
•and Reverent
How can a Boy Scout be fully Reverent in an organization that is no longer reverent?
Gays need to leave PRIVATE CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS ALONE!!!!

Amazing how all of those bullet points are disobeyed by millions of boyscouts who are never disallowed from being part of the scouts. Also, you can be reverent and still be gay. Moreso, you can have a reverent organisation that accepts gays; I would argue that a Christian organisation that rejects any group of people in general isn't even Christian, it's Abrahamic. People need to stop divorcing Christ from Christianity.
edit on 29-5-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You sir are missing the point all together. By allowing openly gay CHILDREN into their ranks they have made it sexual. Sex should have never been in it to begin with. Given that they are CHRISTIAN and this completely goes against Christian values.

What if a straight child said he liked girls? That would be sexual. Should he be removed?

Believe me I was a BSA Scout Master for 12 years and am still very actively involved and I know hundreds of leaders and parents across several districts and I can assure you that BSA's numbers are about to drop severely.

It's amazing how you have a personal anecdote for every issue you chime in on here on ATS.

We will leave it to the Godless heathans and start another PRIVATE CHRISTIAN organization minus the gays.
www.onmyhonor.net...

Good luck with the funding. I'm banking on it not lasting more than 1 season.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

How can you be reverent and be gay? How can you say to God Almighty "I believe in you and follow all your rules except for the ones about sexual immorality, I refuse to follow those"
That my friend is not reverent. What part of Private Christian group do you people not understand? Why would Godless immoral homosexuals wish to join a Christian group? A group that says they are abominations?
I'll tell you why,,,,, TO PUSH A PERVERSE AGENDA and to force an entire group to walk away from their beliefs.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

I will say this slowly for you
NO a boy should not be removed for liking girls. 1st girls are not allowed as to avoid sexual issues which homosexuals will bring, 2nd liking girls does not go against Christian values which BSA is based on.

Do you have a problem with my worldliness? Why is it an issue for you that I pointed out that I was a Scout Master?
Again what part of Private Christian group do you not understand?
The vast majority of funding for BSA comes from parents and fund raisers, not corporate sponsors. If ATT wants to be the way they are so be it, WE DONT NEED THEM.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You sir are missing the point all together. By allowing openly gay CHILDREN into their ranks they have made it sexual. Sex should have never been in it to begin with. Given that they are CHRISTIAN and this completely goes against Christian values. Believe me I was a BSA Scout Master for 12 years and am still very actively involved and I know hundreds of leaders and parents across several districts and I can assure you that BSA's numbers are about to drop severely. We will leave it to the Godless heathans and start another PRIVATE CHRISTIAN organization minus the gays.
www.onmyhonor.net...

Openly gay children aren't any more sexual than openly heterosexual children. It really isn't about sex. LOL - like there's going to be all that sexual activity while hiking, learning how to build fires and put up tents.

I really feel sorry for you, and for others like you, that you cannot see that these kids are just kids. They've been in the Boy Scouts since the beginning and no permanent harm has been done to the Boy Scouts. They didn't join the Boy Scouts to have sex. They joined the Boy Scouts because they wanted to do cool Boy Scout stuff.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

www.onmyhonor.net...

You are confused as to what happened, actually. They didn't decide to allow gay children, they decided to stop banning an entire group of people from being in scouts based on sex.

I agree sex should never have been in it. Why did the scouts decide to add a separate ban based on SEX? Isn't it supposed to be a childrens club? Did they add a separate ban for... murderers? No? Why not? Do the scouts have a stronger abhoration to homosexuals than they have to murderers? Of course not. It is simply already addressed in their membership code without needing to spell it out.

Hope you have fun with your new private christian organization minus homosexuals. It is your right as an American to hate whomever you want to.
edit on 29-5-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How Boy Scout Admission Should Work:
Are you a boy: No [ ] Yes [x]

Welcome to the Boy Scouts.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Not sure what you mean at all. I am glad they opened up to gay scout members but they still forbid to allow openly gay scout leaders. To me that is unacceptable. I also understand the fears and concerns that parents have with regard to there children. These are tough issues and they need to be addressed in an open and fair manner that shows equality for all no matter what the sexual orientation is.

I never said anything about it being a civil rights issue either. I wouldn't assume what gay people deem proper for them in society either. Everyone is different. People want to be accepted for who they are regardless of there stance on it. No clue what you are saying with regard to sexual deviance either.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Whats unacceptable is still this deep seated notion that gay men who hold any kind of authority over children MUST be some kind of sexual predator.
Like men can absolutely not do anything with children these days without being labelled as some kind of closet pedophile, but throw the word gay in there, and you've got a nuclear sh1tstorm of stupid just waiting to happen.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

That's what I stated in my first post.
Or is someone not reading my post right or did I mess up the intent?
edit on 5-29-2013 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

How Boy Scout Admission should work:
Are you a Boy? Yes
Do you swear to adhere to the Scout Oath and Law including Duty to God ? Yes
Since girls are not allowed, are you attracted to other boys? No!!!!
Good then you are admitted!!!
Those are the rules, stop trying to break all the damn rules and get away with it. Start your own gay scouting and leave BSA alone!!!!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

No, no, I'm backing you up, don't worry!

I find threads like this so frustrating at times, as it doesn't matter what you say or do, some people are just so out and out ready to hate on anyone they're told they should, it falls on deaf ears

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I can tell you are sincere just by the sheer amount of exclamation points you use. However, I don't agree, but you'll get no arguments from me, you people aren't worth the energy I'd waste typing.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What's unacceptable is gay men pitching a fit to be Scout Masters. I do not like the idea of women being BSA leaders. However when they are there are rules for camping trips and other outings. Should gay men have to follow the same rules set forth for female leaders?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How Boy Scout Admission should work:
Are you a Boy? Yes
Do you swear to adhere to the Scout Oath and Law including Duty to God ? Yes
Since girls are not allowed, are you attracted to other boys? No!!!!
Good then you are admitted!!!
Those are the rules, stop trying to break all the damn rules and get away with it. Start your own gay scouting and leave BSA alone!!!!

Oh, good lord. Might as well add this one: Have you ever committed any sin, or thought about committing any sin ever? If yes, you haven't done your duty to God - you're out! Might as well stone 'em at that point.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So once again, since I disagree with homosexuality I hate? This is the way a child thinks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

See, while I don't agree I can see exactly where you are coming from. I don't think less of anyone who feels the way you do. I just don't agree and I know if I were gay and was a member and wanted to be accepted for who I am and wasn't then I would be upset. Not everyone should have to run off and start there own thing. There is a line that has to be drawn. I don't have a clue where it should be drawn but I know bigotry through religion is not acceptable in this day and age and people will not tolerate it.

So what everyone needs is a more informed dialogue on the subject. Get it al out there and hash it out. Good bad and the ugly and let it fall where it may. Then no one can be called a zealot or bigot or whatever have you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join