It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts to Admit Openly Gay Youths

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Flint2011

Think for a moment. When boys hit their teens they start going through changes. They get feelings they've never dealt with before. They get urges. My troop I ran was a Venture troop. We did very high adventure outings. We camped often and I don't mean at Scout campsites, I mean we roughed it. Why would you send a hormonal confused "homosexual" into the woods with that which they are supposedly attracted to? We'll leave ouot the moral issues for a moment. It causes entirely too many problems and it will set the leaders and parents up for lawsuits and headache.

Are you under the impression that homosexual youth are rapists?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Never even suggested anything like that. Don't be ridiculous. I'm saying them making passes against the other boys in the troop is a cause for concern. It would be the same if girls were allowed. Sex and sexual attraction were originally eliminated from scouting by disallowing girls into BSA. Now homosexuals are allowed. What's the difference. I guess they should start allowing girls as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Never even suggested anything like that. Don't be ridiculous. I'm saying them making passes against the other boys in the troop is a cause for concern. It would be the same if girls were allowed. Sex and sexual attraction were originally eliminated from scouting by disallowing girls into BSA. Now homosexuals are allowed. What's the difference. I guess they should start allowing girls as well.

Whatever.

Camp Fire has been multi-sexual for decades without incident. Your argument holds no water.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

BSA has not and it does hold water. Homosexuals neither grown or young have any place in a private Christian organization. Nor do atheists, or girls. Apparently nothing is sacred anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

BSA has not and it does hold water. Homosexuals neither grown or young have any place in a private Christian organization. Nor do atheists, or girls. Apparently nothing is sacred anymore.

As has been discussed, BSA is not a Christian organization, it has Christian chapters, but it is simply a multi-religious organization.

I have discussed how your argument doesn't hold water by pointing out the failed logic of your claims. Simply declaring yourself correct without explaining why is like yelling into a phone and then hanging up. Homosexuals, Heterosexuals, Boys, and Girls all go into the woods together in Camp Fire, and they come out at the end without being sexually accosted. Your logic is flawed, and your thoughts are (definitively) ignorant

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No sir you have proved nothing nor have you disproved anything. I PROVED to everyone here that the BSA was started by Christians and founded on Christian values and principles.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And if this 'Christian Organization' wants to allow gay youth into their troops it's their choice,

do you really think that a gay youth has never been a boy scout before? they didn't scan every child to see if he was 'Gay' or 'Straight', the same argument with gay Athletes, we have mixed with 'Straights' on numerous occasions, just because people know our sexuality now it makes it different? as if these 'Evils' you speak of couldn't have occurred if he was a 'Closeted youth'?

one thing no one has been able to explain to me, and i long for someone too, i beseech them too, why are we not human because our sexuality?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No sir you have proved nothing nor have you disproved anything. I PROVED to everyone here that the BSA was started by Christians and founded on Christian values and principles.

I don't dispute that the BSA was started by Christians and founded on Christian values, but you seem to not understand that the BSA moved away from a Christian values in lieu of a less strict, and more inclusive, idea of reverence to a religion as opposed to reverence to a God.

I don't care if you don't believe it, it is a matter of public record and part of the current incarnation of the tenets of the BSA. Look for yourself, I already posted it in this thread.

You also made an unsupported supposition about the nature of homosexual youths, citing the idea that hormonal children can't be in the woods together in scouts, when Camp Fire has been putting co-ed children in the woods for decades without any type of scandal.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Your knowledge of the scouts is incomplete and your knowledge of the history of scouting is simply inaccurate.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join