It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Offer For The President Of The United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

If we have to invade others private thoughts to discern their intentions, then it just isn't worth it. We cannot become that which we loathe in an attempt to "win". Because then we all lose.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Of course they are not above the law but we have the impeachment process to deal with those situations. If we are allowed to call out the President on every decision he makes then it will be chaos.
reply to post by Hopechest

I would agree you can't call out every decision he makes, but when there is a possibility of criminality and cover-up, it needs to be addressed in the public eye. George W. Bush got away with too many criminal activities. If there was anyone that deserved impeachment from office it was him and some of his cronies.

If we can impeach a president for an extramarital affair and lying under oath to protect his marriage and image, we certainly can impeach presidents who have clearly shown criminal wrong doings. and who have started a war that lead to many of our young men and women who sacrificed their lives. Having a republican majority in the house at the time, who ignored such facts, was criminal in itself.

I also have to blame the democratic house members and the minority leader at the time Nancy Pelosi, for taking any investigations related to 9/11 and the Iraq war off the table. If you can't trust your own elected officials to cross the isle and protect criminal activity by presidents or department heads, who in the hell can you trust?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by TheMagus

If we have to invade others private thoughts to discern their intentions, then it just isn't worth it. We cannot become that which we loathe in an attempt to "win". Because then we all lose.

oh, i completely agree, but the tech exists...

it was just hypothetical rambling along the lines of I. Asimov's psycho-probe

The Singing Bell" is a science fiction mystery short story by Isaac Asimov that first appeared in the January 1955 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction and was reprinted in the 1968 collection Asimov's Mysteries. "The Singing Bell" was the first of Asimov's Wendell Urth stories.
Plot summary

Master criminal Louis Peyton spends each August totally isolated on his Colorado ranch behind a powerful force-field. One August, Albert Cornwall takes him to the Moon to retrieve a cache of extremely valuable singing bells (lunar rocks which, when struck by the correct stroker, make an incredibly beautiful sound) which Cornwall had obtained by killing their discoverer. Louis Peyton kills Cornwall and hides the bells.

The police contact Wendell Urth to help them prove that Peyton had been on the Moon, so they can psycho-probe him to get sufficient evidence for a conviction. However, since a person can only be psycho-probed once in a lifetime, the police want to be certain that Peyton is guilty.

Urth gives Peyton his own flawed, yet still valuable singing bell to examine. He then has Peyton throw it back to him. The toss falls short and the bell is destroyed when it crashes to the floor. Urth has demonstrated that Peyton had been off-planet very recently, despite his claim to the contrary, and had not yet readjusted to Earth's gravity. The killer is taken away to be psycho-probed. Urth requests a perfect bell as his fee.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added link

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Isn't it amazing what happens when you elect Democrats and Republicans? This thread is a prime example of the stupidity of electing criminal gangsters who love power and money more than they love America. When you all get tired of arguing with each other over whose criminal gangster is more despicable, please feel free to vote for somebody in the next election who can stand on their own two feet and think for themselves instead of being a mouthpiece for criminals and gangsters who conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the
American citizen and taxpayer. I am so tired of seeing you sheeple defend criminals because they are from YOUR particular GANG. WE WILL NEVER HAVE AN HONEST GOVERNMENT AS LONG AS DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE INVOLVED IN IT!!!

Pitiful isn't it? You are right, it is the gang mentality that "big boys" always get involved in.

I say unless you have a way of fixing things don't complain, so I have some ideas. First of all, it is now time to make certain that the 3rd party becomes fully recognized. Full press coverage and all. We need to assure everyone running for president has equal time in the press box. Maybe even adopt some new laws that help third parties. Which I feel is darn near impossible to do with all the tyranny we have at the moment.

So maybe the next best thing to do, if the presidents can't play nice, is that we adopt one single 4 year term. How many presidents have gone astray in their second term? If we get rid of the second term, no one will be in office long enough to get too big for their hats. I know this idea will be not very poplar, but an imcumbent is near impossible to get rid of. Our fore fathers were wary of the president getting too much power, thus why they imposed limits. Perhaps they didn't limit them enough. Our fore fathers probably never realized that the US would grow so big and hold so many clueless, lazy, and unambitious people.

edit on 26-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Hopechest

If these presidents and law makers would be held accountable, instead of being above the law, maybe more would think twice before doing anything dishonest or criminal. There is a thing called impeachment and removing them from office. A presidency can also become ineffective when the potus can't be trusted.

Nobody is above the law, even the presidency of the United States. It sets a presidence for future leaders to take advantage of the office. No consequences no change of behavior, it's that simple.

Bravo! Since when did the citizens of the US decide that the president was above the law? And that impeachment was darn near impossible? I say it is time that we put an end to this! Impeachment proceedings should be an automatic process that begins the day that a presidents integrity comes into question. It is a hearing, it does not assume innocence, or guilt. Then we can get to the bottom of things vs. a president just not feeling like answering the questions asked of him.

How many of you feel like the president gets away with things just because he opts not to answer questions? And perhaps with the threat of a faster more efficient impeachment system, presidents will stay more honest!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Why would he need to take a polygraph in front of a criminal and liar like Issa? He has been busted for car theft, illegal carrying a concealed weapon and his jacking up his insurance a couple of weeks before his warehouse burned down is a nice coincidence also. If Obama takes the test at least find someone honest.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like Issa is the one that needs to take a polygraph test and be investigated

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Whoa -- he's got quite a few scandals going there, doesn't he? Maybe even more than Obama?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by elouina

Why would he need to take a polygraph in front of a criminal and liar like Issa? He has been busted for car theft, illegal carrying a concealed weapon and his jacking up his insurance a couple of weeks before his warehouse burned down is a nice coincidence also. If Obama takes the test at least find someone honest.

Ok how about in front of myself? I have clearances from many federal agencies, have never been charged with any crimes, and have the integrity of a nun. What an awesome PR moment for the president, proving that he is not involved, with a citizen witnessing this monumental day in history. In fact all of the citizens of the US will stand witness as it is broadcasted live.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We are not talking about Issa's history here. We are talking about a person that holds the highest office in this country and should be held to a higher standard, not lower than that of its citizens.

Besides, Issa is now out of the picture now, and I am in. Does this mean that I get to be smeared next? I did forget to clean my cats water fountain last night.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Doesnt the SCANDAL CIRCUS in washington reveal anything of import?
Like . the whole house both upper and lower are working together to rape the public, and help the banks rob the people.@@:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Doesnt the SCANDAL CIRCUS in washington reveal anything of import?
Like . the whole house both upper and lower are working together to rape the public, and help the banks rob the people.@@:

Well, I feel that, "we the people", deserve to be heard. If you feel so strongly about this, why don't you start a Whitehouse petition?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So you are suggesting that all of these recent come to light scandals are fake? Just a bunch of trumped-up lies manufactured by the opposition... REALLY???

What does it take to awaken such a true believer?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

So you are suggesting that all of these recent come to light scandals are fake? Just a bunch of trumped-up lies manufactured by the opposition... REALLY???

I believe that Benghazi was an unfortunate tragedy that had nothing to do with any kind of incompetence on the part of Obama. I believe that the biggest problem with the IRS was due to an over-worked and under-staffed agency that was trying to make sure that all the new tea party-related non-profits cropping up were above board (remember, the only non-profit that was actually denied tax-exempt status during that time was a liberal organization). I believe that if drones were around during Reagan's presidency, the GOP would have LOVED drones. So, yes, I believe Obama's opposition has done everything they could to make Obama look like the bad guy.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

I believe that Benghazi was an unfortunate tragedy that had nothing to do with any kind of incompetence on the part of Obama. I believe that the biggest problem with the IRS was due to an over-worked and under-staffed agency that was trying to make sure that all the new tea party-related non-profits cropping up were above board (remember, the only non-profit that was actually denied tax-exempt status during that time was a liberal organization). I believe that if drones were around during Reagan's presidency, the GOP would have LOVED drones. So, yes, I believe Obama's opposition has done everything they could to make Obama look like the bad guy.

You have the right to believe whatever you wish. But you stand corrected about the non profit tea party organizations. There are still many today that are still sitting in limbo from years ago. Yes 1 year after the IRS was found to be purposely targeting them they still sit. And the IRS has still been targeting up to this very month!

Proof! The Whitehouse Lied! IRS Targeting Continued 1 Year Past Investigation Cessation

As for the drones, the unprecedented killings have all been happening mostly on Obama's watch. In fact the only 4 Americans ever killed by a drone was on Obama's watch.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

reply to post by elouina

Ok how about in front of myself? I have clearances from many federal agencies, have never been charged with any crimes, and have the integrity of a nun. What an awesome PR moment for the president, proving that he is not involved, with a citizen witnessing this monumental day in history. In fact all of the citizens of the US will stand witness as it is broadcasted live.

If you are connected with the government i would hardly say you have the integrity of a nun.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If you are connected with the government i would hardly say you have the integrity of a nun.

Never once did I state that I was connected to the government. You do not need to be "connected" to have clearances from them.
And your comment that government employees have no integrity is totally inappropriate. This is flat out discrimination and equally as bad as race discrimination.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would ask if the birth record and certificate were altered to conceal the true identity of his real father ?

I would ask for a DNA sample to prove it one way or the other.

I would ask him to admit that most of the court cases concerning the birth certificate were brought forth by paid shills and by blackmail for the sole purpose of making the issue look silly ?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Hmmmn, and I suppose he stands fully for freedom of the press as well.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"A Public Offer For The President Of The United States"?
I'll bid .59¢. And that's asking alot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join