It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Offer For The President Of The United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Of course it is in large part the GOP's fault. They handled this Admin with kid gloves. They do not want to be labeled racist, which happened anyways.

This is what being PC brings us. I'm at the point where I would like to see swearing and fights in Congress. Just because some of those people really do need a fist in the face. On both sides.

Since Lieberman is considered a Independent, he can Referee.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Didn't you read what I just typed? I saw all of this happening on my own. No one had to tell me anything.

What exactly have you seen?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So basically.... Unless you're willing to give this President a 100% free pass to scandals, lawlessness in his administration and broken promises across 5 years? Unless all that is on the table, then someone is just a lost cause to right wing thinking and priorities?

Can I see the next Republican President get free passes like this, at every turn and tell Democrats to sit down and shut up when they start to ask anything about it? Hey, it's kinda cool if this 'see no evil, hear no evil' thing is going to work both ways? Otherwise......of course...You're using extreme partisan politics to force a cover to extreme partisan politics. Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

I'd like to see the President water boarded myself. He claims he hates it..but these methods are damn sure still used. That's what the whole thing over 0 Dark Thirty was about with the scenes of "enhanced interrogation" for finding Bin Laden. Let the President sit for the methods he has others put to.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by elouina

Didn't you read what I just typed? I saw all of this happening on my own. No one had to tell me anything.

What exactly have you seen?

I saw all of the political smearing done by Obama during the last election. What really upset me the most was the illegal releasing of confidential IRS forms to the public. I am sorry, but a great president doesn't run a dirty nasty smear campaign.. I also saw the news about the targeting of conservatives back in early 2012. I also read the news about Benghazi before the GOP jumped on the bandwagon.

But this last thing sort of worried more than angered me. For reasons I couldn't put my finger on, our MSM was being turned into Pravda. If anything negative about Obama was in the news, you would not see it on the MSM. I just had an uneasy gut feeling that some sort of manipulation was being done. I never saw anything like this ever before.

There is certainly much more than this that I am not remembering off hand. But it is the accumilation of many years of contributing factors that made me lose my faith in Obama. This didn't happen over night.

edit on 26-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Can I see the next Republican President get free passes like this, at every turn and tell Democrats to sit down and shut up when they start to ask anything about it? Hey, it's kinda cool if this 'see no evil, hear no evil' thing is going to work both ways? Otherwise......of course...You're using extreme partisan politics to force a cover to extreme partisan politics. Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

I'd like to see the President water boarded myself. He claims he hates it..but these methods are damn sure still used. That's what the whole thing over 0 Dark Thirty was about with the scenes of "enhanced interrogation" for finding Bin Laden. Let the President sit for the methods he has others put to.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Well, you saw the last republican president get free passes. And he's the one who started the whole waterboarding thing. No one ever water boarded Bush. And Bush never had to pass any lie detector tests.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I want to ask him why in the world did he decide to become a capitalist shill.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Mr. president, you claim that you had nothing to do with any of the scandals. If you want to clear your "good name", with the American public, I have an idea for you. Take a polygraph test in front of Mr. Issa himself, and on public camera, and answer these 6 simple questions:
reply to post by elouina

I could think of many other presidents and cabinet members who should have had public poylgraph tests...

George W. Bush = 9/11/ The Iraq War/ WMD's/ Guantanamo/ Savings and Loan scandal/ Enron /Dismissal of
U.S. attorney ...

Dick Cheney = 9/11/WMD's/Haliburton contracts/Nigeria bribery scandel

Donald Rumsfeld = Torture/WMD's/Tamiflu link

Bill Clinton = Whitewater/Lewinsky Scandal/Suicide of Vince Foster

George H. W. Bush = Pardoning of (5) convicted government officials related to the Iran-Contra affair /Denied any
knowledge of Iran Contra affair

Ronald Reagan = Housing and Urban Development Scandal / Iran Contra Scandal / Wedtech Bribery Scandal/
Savings & Loan Scandal - Keating (5)

Jimmy Carter = Bert Lance Resignation

Gerald Ford = Nixon Pardon

Richard Nixon = Watergate / Pentagon Papers / Richard Helms role in overthrowing Chilean President

Lyndon Johnson = Charges of favoritism - Bobby Baker / Billy Sol Estes - convicted felon influenced Texan
elections

and we can continue...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

LOL..... The only form of free pass Bush got was the fact the man isn't outright incarcerated and he left without cloud of impeachment, which his predecessor got during his time in the office. (I think the only thing that saved him from that in the second term was Congressional ratio numbers and the time it would have taken)

I don't know where anyone comes off suggesting Bush got free anything. They must have lived in a different America than I did for those 8 years. Everything from lowly Internet chat rooms to .lines of world papers screamed Bush's every screw up (and there were plenty, weren't there?) and every maybe scandal that came down the pike. I think Bush's only saving grace was that on a personal level, however devoid of morality he was on national policy, he didn't screw around much where scandals usually come from.

Sorry though....rewriting the history of the Bush years to suggest people just gave him loyalty without criticism doesn't make one bit of reasoning for why Obama should or would get any form of pass for the way his Administration is coming off the rails here.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

And Bush wasn't right smack in the middle of more scandals than anyone could shake a stick at. And there was only one person that stood to gain the most by every last one of these scandals, Obama. Since Obama is now standing in the middle of a pile of crap, it would be prudent for him to take a lie detector test.

About the water-boarding... More Americans were murdered by drone attacks, without a trial, than the number of terrorists that were water-boarded.
edit on 26-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is really a horrible idea.

You cannot have a . of state constantly being subjugated to things like lie detector tests for various reasons. The biggest one is that it will weaken the presidency to the point that they will be ineffective.

Presidents, and to some degree congressmen, have to, at times, do things that the general public would not find acceptable. Remember that the decisions they make are for the greater good and yes sometimes that decision will negatively impact certain groups of people but it helps the nation overall.

If you start holding presidents accountable for every single thing your going to end up with a person in that office who is afraid to make any tough decision because they fear the public outrage that would follow. This is exactly why presidents are given Executive Priviledge and the power to pardon anyone they want.

Let's look at a hypothetical. Suppose the Benghazi thing involved much more than a case of a lack of security. Suppose those men that died came across a vital secret that would initiate WWIII. Its a hypothetical so just run with it.

As opposed to plunging the world into chaos where hundreds of millions will die from nuclear attacks, the President decides he has to eliminate these men.

It of course is not an easy decision but one that must be made. Now if we are going to give him a lie detector test then the President may not make this tough call because he will face being subjugated to possible criminal charges for what he did even though he saved millions of lives.

Presidents also have to negotiate some very bad deals that the American people may not agree with because it furthers the goals of the nation or strengthens its national security. Suppose the President has a big threat in the ME and the only available tool for him to use is al-Qaeda. The public would be outraged at that but the President needs to address threats and use what he can to get that done, whether the public likes it or not.

The President needs a high level of autonomy for the job he has to do, otherwise he will not do it.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

If these presidents and law makers would be held accountable, instead of being above the law, maybe more would think twice before doing anything dishonest or criminal. There is a thing called impeachment and removing them from office. A presidency can also become ineffective when the potus can't be trusted.

Nobody is above the law, even the presidency of the United States. It sets a presidence for future leaders to take advantage of the office. No consequences no change of behavior, it's that simple.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Hopechest

If these presidents and law makers would be held accountable, instead of being above the law, maybe more would think twice before doing anything dishonest or criminal. There is a thing called impeachment and removing them from office. A presidency can also become ineffective when the potus can't be trusted.

Nobody is above the law, even the presidency of the United States. It sets a presidence for future leaders to take advantage of the office. No consequences no change of behavior, it's that simple.

Of course they are not above the law but we have the impeachment process to deal with those situations. If we are allowed to call out the President on every decision he makes then it will be chaos.

Everything a President does pisses off somebody or some group somewhere. This means that anything the President does he will now have to go through a process of lie detectors, as in the example of the OP, or something else such as an investigation. This will effectively end any power the President has.

He simply will stop making any decision more important than deciding which golf course to play simply to avoid that scrutiny.

It is not the President who should be targeted but rather Congress for not using the powers given to them to investigate the President for any actions the public has a problem with.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"The law requires that the Commander-in-Chief (President of the United States) implement the provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). "

source : en.wikipedia.org...

Obama should answer to a military court, and be held accountable according to the UCMJ -- a heavy-handed form of justice, under which one is "guilty until proven innocent."

America has been hijacked by treasonous criminal bankers, corporations, and politicians. Because of these individuals our nation-state as-well-as other nation-states are in grave danger.

No quarter, for treasonous criminals!

F.T.G.

edit on 26-5-2013 by seasoul because: LIVE FREE or DIE!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

In my opinion:

Every President works for their own self preservation. That is fact. Whether it is politically, or literally to preserve their life.

A good President does the job they were elected to do to the best of their ability, within the limitations of the office due to partisan challenges and world events.

A great President walks firmly into the fray to represent the People of the United States, not just those who elected them, but all of the People. They work with both sides of the aisle to make sure the People's work is done. When they face the adversity of deceit, lies and illegal actions, regardless of who perpetrated them, they utilize all the means at their disposal to follow the law of the land and correct the situation, letting the chips fall where they may.

In my lifetime, I am not sure if I have ever seen a great President.

With President Obama, he came into office with plans. He had an Agenda he was ready to implement. He had a following that any President would envy. He intended to accomplish his goals and he wanted to do it with prestige.

www.cbsnews.com...

Obama Stands By Geithner, Says "The Buck Stops With Me"

www.politico.com...

President Obama: 'The buck stops with me'

www.whitehousedossier.com...

Obama Invokes Truman’s “Buck Stops Here” Quote

Obama was using the Truman quote to suggest that Mitt Romney is responsible for what went on at Bain Capital, even if he was CEO in name only and not involved in operations

These are just a few examples of how President Obama openly acknowledged that he felt the President should take responsibility for what happens on their watch. He tells us HE is in charge and accepts the responsibility.

That position, the prestige and the responsibilities, good and bad, have been fully embraced by him. It appears, however, that with the many adverse occurrences that have come to light through out his terms of office, that they have not been dealt with honestly, above board or with the People's interests foremost.

Now I have to agree with another poster in the thread. Either President Obama was not kept in the loops and kept informed of all these adverse situations, which is a major problem all on its own, or, he was informed of it and the actions taken or not taken were with his full knowledge. It has to be one or the other.

The People are not as blind as they once were, they see what is happening and they are not pleased. Even many of President Obama's earnest supporters are saying "Wait a minute, this isn't right!" We shouldn't expect perfection from any person in office. We are all human, but they should most definitely be held to the high standards of decent conduct, legal actions and respect for The United States, It's People, The Laws and The Constitution.

The President of the United States has great responsibility, and is under immense scrutiny. He is correct, however, when he says the buck stops with him. Ultimately, the incidents which have occurred under his watch and how he resolves them will be his legacy.

BT

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Oh please. Like this would shut up the Obama haters.
He could pass every lie detector test, but you all would say he's as calm as a cucumber when he lies.

what about us "liberty lovers"?

How come you assume that anyone who finds his actions distasteful are merely "haters"? Quite dismissive, don't you think?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing what happens when you elect Democrats and Republicans? This thread is a prime example of the stupidity of electing criminal gangsters who love power and money more than they love America. When you all get tired of arguing with each other over whose criminal gangster is more despicable, please feel free to vote for somebody in the next election who can stand on their own two feet and think for themselves instead of being a mouthpiece for criminals and gangsters who conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the
American citizen and taxpayer. I am so tired of seeing you sheeple defend criminals because they are from YOUR particular GANG. WE WILL NEVER HAVE AN HONEST GOVERNMENT AS LONG AS DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE INVOLVED IN IT!!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Its not the democrats or republicans who are bad you know.

You could throw them all out and replace them with whatever named group you want and within a very short time they will be behaving the exact same way.

Its the political system you'd have to change to see a different way of doing things. That means re-writing the entire constitution and replacing our political system with an entirely new form of government.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Its not the democrats or republicans who are bad you know.

You could throw them all out and replace them with whatever named group you want and within a very short time they will be behaving the exact same way.

Its the political system you'd have to change to see a different way of doing things. That means re-writing the entire constitution and replacing our political system with an entirely new form of government.

I think you are wrong. It is not the system that is at fault. It is the greedy, power hungry gangsters who are WORKING THE SYSTEM TO THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE INSTEAD OF OURS.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh please. Like this would shut up the Obama haters.
He could pass every lie detector test, but you all would say he's as calm as a cucumber when he lies.

the irony is that it's a well known fact in the polygraph community that psychopaths and sociopa* COUGHING*
I meant "Highly Sane" "people: will always beat the tests, as they gleefully lie through their teeth.
[and the current turd on the throne is "highly sane": murdering children worldwide and a master of the crocodile tear-flow when expedient ]

nope, OP elouina's idea requires the use of more advanced technology; like the systems that allow researchers to "see" the subjects thoughts, and I'm talking about the real tech, not the stuff we're finding about now.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is humans who are at fault. Sure, we all aren't sociopaths. But we all have varying degrees of sociopathy. The more sociopathic someone is, the more power hungry they are. Positions of leadership and authority tend to typically attract a particular mindset. This is typified by seeing various mechanisms of power as a commodity which they can meter out for their benefit.

The best of the bunch make it to the top, because they are good enough at lies and obfuscation that they are able to pass off their commodity trades as "beneficial" to those who entrust them with that power.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join