It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: UPDATE: Attacks Kill at Least 37 in Samarra, Iraq. 22 Of The Dead Are Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Two car bombs and an attack on an Iraq police station in the town of Samarra have left at least 19 dead and over 23 wounded. One of the car bombs was detonated near the office of Samarra�s mayor wound him. It was not clear if he was the intended target.

UPDATE: Reuters is now reporting the death toll at 37 in the attacks: Two more car bombs for a total of 4 have now been used. One rammed a police station killing 10 officers.

SAMARRA, Iraq (Reuters) - Insurgents detonated four car bombs and attacked police stations in the Iraqi city of Samarra on Saturday, killing at least 37 people and wounding 62, police and health officials said.

The fourth blast occurred at 12:30 when a suicide bomber rammed a car into a police station, killing 10 Iraqi police officers and wounding five, police said.
Samarra Attacks

story.news.yahoo.com
SAMARRA, Iraq - Insurgents set off at least two car bombs and attacked a police station Saturday in the central Iraqi town of Samarra, killing at least 19 people and wounding 23, according to police and health officials.

Police officer Qahtan Mohammed confirmed that a group of armed militants stormed a police station in the Zera district, leaving 12 policemen dead and one wounded.

In the other attacks, a stolen police car blew up near the mayor's office, police said. Samarra's mayor was reportedly injured.

A second car bomb exploded near a U.S. base in a residential area and a mortar fell on a crowded market. Arabic television was reporting much higher casualty figures from all the incidents.

Residents said U.S. forces, using loudspeakers, imposed an indefinite curfew on the town. American warplanes and helicopters were heard roaming overhead. Throughout Samarra, U.S. forces clashed with small bands of insurgents

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Numerous armed men also stormed a police station and killed 12 officers in a gun battle. The other car bomb was detonated near a U.S. base. U.S. forces imposed a curfew on the city and engaged in small scale clashes with the insurgents. Further casualties were averted when an Iraqi National Guard soldier identified another car bomb before it was detonated.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Also, regarding the attack on Fallujah...it seems things are already getting dirty...

Iraq Yesterday: US Withdraws From Fallujah After Guardsmen Flee

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What!??! Hey wait a minute, what happened to...?

I mean he did land on a carrier in a flight jacket and tell us war was over didn't he? Now, much later on in the real world, we are on the verge of a major offensive. Damn man, President Johnston was a better liar than this guy.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hey!! Don't question him....he has the "will of the people."

Nothing can save us from him now...until a REAL worldwide jihad begins.

Until then, he can lie again, and again, and again, and....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Also, how about this?

A senior US military officer, Brigadier General Kimmit, recently gave the following reply to a question on scenes of children being killed by marines in Fallujah on Iraqi television. He responded by saying that if such scenes were shown then one should simply �change the channel�.

Changing Channels

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
UPDATE: Please see the main post. Reuters is now reporting the detonation of two additional car bombs. Total dead at this time is 37, and another 62 injured.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If politicians are so eager to wage war, what they should be doing is putting themselves on the front line taking the same risks. Bush can talk a lot of sh!t sitting behind a desk in a comfy chair...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
If politicians are so eager to wage war, what they should be doing is putting themselves on the front line taking the same risks. Bush can talk a lot of sh!t sitting behind a desk in a comfy chair...

I don't understand, are you implying that President Bush or our nations' politicians had something to do with these insurgents' car bombs? I don't see the connection... Are you saying that because we're not retreating from the Iraq War that the Iraqi insurgents are bombing their police stations?

*Confused*

Zip

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
admitadly there is no defence against someone who wants to blow themselves up near other people.

I think the point he was trying to say was quite different, maybe that the war was unjustified, maybe even a joke.

But lets look at the facts, a large country comes into invade your country (i'll add now, thats its far too late to turn back, and that its our responsibility to help this country now) they don't fight the way that you do, they bomb your homes and your families, why??? because they believe the UN inspectors are lazy and arn't finding WMD's because they smoke to much and arn't drinking enough coffee....

Apart from that, once they've done that, it becomes clear that the US not only didn't exactly plan the attack on iraq, they didn't think about the project of rebuilding after they'd done so. They simply expected the people to agree with these great people from the west. Well i'm sorry but they were wrong, you wouldn't stand for being dictated to by some foreignor, nor would you let your fellow citizens be tortured and humiliated by such people. (i'd like to add by the way, I very much hope the american soldier who shot, at blank range I might add, an iraqi...wounded unable to fight, at point blank range, be held up at a tribunal...yes, stuff like this was caught on one camera, if there were more cameras do you think there might be more shots??)

sorry for digressing there, until the americans give something visible back to the iraqi people, they will continue to die, and unfortunately, due to presidential elections, you've brought uk troops into this masacre.

The US must face up to its responisibilities, do not give up the fight against terror, though it not maybe as vaste as we are lead to believe, but do not build terror, nor people to use terror as a weapon in the future.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Also, regarding the attack on Fallujah...it seems things are already getting dirty...

Iraq Yesterday: US Withdraws From Fallujah After Guardsmen Flee

Hey Cstyle was this before or after they wiped out the entire battalion?

new topics

top topics

join