It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unrealistic Obsession With Fountain of Youth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Are you any age over 30! Do you find that society increasingly discriminates against us over 30s in education and employment.
Do you find that mainstream peers put pressure on you to get married and breed when you may wish to simply stay single.
Do you find that society things you should have your life long career sorted by your late twenties.

Do you find that certain civil services like the army, police, ambulance, or Firefighters and businesses like tradesmen and labor hire agencies wont look at you application in preference for those in their late teens early 20s and still discriminate based on age.

Do you find that when you wish to go back to college or university that most peers tell you are too old do so and younger students try to make you feel unwelcome. Any whom feel age discrimination please free to add to rant about this crazy unwinable battle against aging!
edit on 26-5-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nope.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ive come to believe
The fountain of youth is running water. compare dehydrated skin to hydrated skin.
The Tree of life is all Trees, for without them there is no life
The stair way to heaven is the different levels of spiritual ascension.
The Garden of Eden is another name for Earth

i know i know more, but ive had two Bloody Marys and ive forgotton,

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

oops forgot to answer your question.

no no and no and society sucks,

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

Nope, I'm 35, mistaken as 27 last night...don't suffer from hangovers, society based or otherwise.

I am 35 years young, still deciding what I would like to do when I grow up (When the kids leave home most probably).

Sure there are telltales that give away my age, but you just have to remember...age ain't nothing but a number!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Thats one thing I have never done or hope to do is have kids!.
Ive never been with girl longer than 6 months. I am not religious or conservative so feel absolutely no reason or obligation to get married or have children however this seems to infuriate many mainstream folks, the more conservative they are the more it seems to get them.
So many pple seem to take life so seriously to me its a piece of piss. I see things like buddhist as mere attachments in this material life no point in taking everything so seriously.
Those whom wish me to conform the most are actually those my own age or older. Those under 25 think much like i do myself so couldnt careless. So what if i never get married or have kids or pay off mortgage what is it about these things that makes most typical folks resent it.
Possibly the fact that i have less responsibility thus more freedom than they do so they are envious if not i have no idea.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join