It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Church in Turkish capital rejected by authorities

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary on how women from Eastern Europe are being lured down to Turkey with false advertisements and then forced to become sex workers, essentially modern day slaves.

No, Eastern Europe does not look at Turkey as a long lost protector, not in any way shape or form.




posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I remember watching a documentary on how women from Eastern Europe are being lured down to Turkey with false advertisements and then forced to become sex workers, essentially modern day slaves.

No, Eastern Europe does not look at Turkey as a long lost protector, not in any way shape or form.





Serbs & Bosnians are in Ankara making a peace pact with each other and Turkey.
Russians or Germans , it makes no difference to Balkan people , they get screwed either way .



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


Christian takeover? are you serious? No way will the Christians ever take back Byzantium from the Turks. What is the big deal about building a church with a massive mix of cultures. If they have the funds they should be able to build anything they want. This just shows the stronghold Islam has on Turkey.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
Muslims KILL the infidels for wanting to worship another god and somehow that is their right as it is their land..

your post was cute

but this part ....

you need to learn the diffence between
infidel, kufar, christian, and jewish


the word infidel has "troublemaker " overtones

kufar means non-believer

muslims accept christian and jews....their word is from the same god, just from an earlier time


jews and christians are NOT infidels or the kufar


are you getting it?

other young frustrated perceptions...are just that... frustrated perceptions

edit on 26-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


Christian takeover? are you serious?

i didnt say that
i said disproportionate representation

i have seen it with my own eyes

people (muslims) give money to the church building programme
only to have imposing structures littering the sky line...but who is it for?



No way will the Christians ever take back Byzantium from the Turks. What is the big deal about building a church with a massive mix of cultures. If they have the funds they should be able to build anything they want.


erm... in every country people get refused planning/building permissions

even mosques, temples and synagogues

nothing new here



This just shows the stronghold Islam has on Turkey.


erm...turkey and the wider ottoman empire were islamic..as for a stronghold...nothing new here either
edit on 26-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
I have seen firsthand the ways of the Muslim world. I know what awaits these soft-hearted peoples of the West. Your daughters will be cattle, less that human, and traded to those in power for food and shelter. Your children will be converted or killed to bring about the desires of a tribal military leader who murdered thousands and lusted for children..


what the hell!!!!

crazy ass dude

really mate...."your daughters will be cattle" wtf!!

propaganda has skewed your brain


its seems like your talking about the house of judea ( 7th tribe of isreal)...not islam

only they have written words that talk like that...no other religion does..not even the fire worshipping zorastrians
edit on 26-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


Knock, knock

"Yes sir we are with the American military and we need to conduct a search of the area"
"OK, Mister"

"how many people are in the Home?"
"Only three Mister"

"please ask them to stand outside while you and I conduct the search"
"OK, one minute please"

18 people come out of the house. Two middle aged women, one middle aged man, three women in their early twenties, a teen aged boy, and ten children...........

"WTH man you said only three people were here"
"Yes, me and my two sons, the rest are only women and children"

I witnessed that dozens of times.

As an Islamophile you are within your rights to have any opinion you want. You also have to live with the outcome.
edit on 26-5-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


Why is it that when ever a person points to something bad in Islam it is always "that's not REAL Islam"

Women stoned for being a rape victim - not real Islam
Women beaten for talking to men - not real Islam
People sentenced to death for saying the wrong thing about the prophet - not real Islam
Nine year old girls bleeding to death on their wedding night - not real Islam
Women not having the right to drive - not real Islam
Calling for the destruction of Israel - not real Islam
Child brides to old men - not real Islam
Female genital mutilation - not real Islam
Celebration of terrorists attacks - not real Islam
Beheadings of civilians - not real Islam

You can only make so many excuses until that well runs dry.

The Catholic church should be able to just come out and say "pedophile priests are not real Catholics" and that should simply be the end of the discussion. Right?

It's the same argument the communists use. Point out every failure and act of genocide by communist regimes and they all say "that's not real communism".

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.........



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
Southern Eastern Europe has another name ; it's called the BALKANS .

Serbs , Croats , Macedons , Albans , Greeks , Romans, Bulgars , Slovens , Hungarians are all beginning to remember the days when they were part of Ottoman Empire .

As Turks get richer , all ex Ottoman Countries are coming back and claiming their history .


What a crock of sh**.
Firstly, there was no Macedonia(FYROM) country during Ottoman times. Go and check your Ottoman history books, because there has never been a mention of a Macedonia as a nation or ethnicity or language, before 1945.
What existed was the Greek Macedonia, like the Greek Thrace, the Greek Crete, etc etc. And the Bulgarian Macedonia, which was linked to the empire they once had which spanned into parts of Greece(ie the north of Greece which is known as Macedonia since ancient times).
It's also spelt Macedonians, Albanians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Slovenians.

Nobody wants to be part of Turkey or go live there.
If that was the case, the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants which flood into Greece and the EU annually, wouldn't cross the border, they'd stay in Turkey.
You guys have created this myth of your selves. You portray Turkey using images of skyscrapers as some rich, developed, first world country whose people are wealthy.
The truth is go beyond the skyscrapers and you find third world like poverty. The eastern provinces of Turkey don't even have running water and telephone services in the 21st century.
This isn't poverty created by an economic crisis, but poverty created by governments who would rather spend money on stupid projects like Formula 1 tracks that nobody can afford to go and watch the Formula 1 anyway, and building them selves golf courses to play on exclusively while the PKK blows things up, and of course weapons and more weapons.
The reason your country is developing a defence industry is because the West will not allow Turkey and Greece to go to war with each other, and they can stop it from happening because they've supplied all the weapons to both sides.
But if Turkey develops it's own weapons and has no dependence on the West, it can do what it wants.
The West will learn the hard way yet again with a Muslim country that is two faced.



Christianity was/is and will be tolerated in Turkey and contrary to what many people think , there exists the Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Shaman Turks in the World .

Thus it is always in Turks interest to maintain Abrahams religions , as well as other religions too .

While Athens doesn't have a single Mosque , Ankara has enough Churches .



edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: (no reason given)


Christianity has never been tolerated by the Turkish state.
In Cyprus, Churches and cathedrals that were hundreds and thousands of years old, were desecrated.
Your soldiers defecated in them, raped priests, raped nuns, killed them, and turned churches and cathedrals into barns for animals, brothels for their soldiers, etc.
The same things were done during Ottoman times.

Athens doesn't have a mosque because there is no Muslim minority that lives in Athens.
The muslims who live in Athens are illegal immigrants. They belong back in their home countries. Turkey signed an agreement with Greece and the EU, to take back all illegal immigrants which were trafficked through Turkey. It has not accepted a single illegal immigrant back under the agreement it signed.
This is the two faced nature of Islamic countries such as Turkey.

The muslim minority that lives in Greece, which is made up of Pomaks and Turks mostly(the Pomaks hate and despise being called Turk btw, but that doesn't stop the Turkish government and consulate in Thrace trying to make them all Turks), has plenty of mosques in Thrace(north eastern Greece). Nobody has ever tried to shut them down or stop them practicing their religion.

Greece could have deported or killed every single Turk living there back in 1955 when Turkey began it's pogrom, ethnic cleansing basically of the Greek minority of Istanbul. But it didn't.
It again could have deported them all in 1974 when Turkey invaded Cyprus. But it didn't.

Your lies can only take you so far. But for every lie there is the truth. And I will speak the truth for every lie you post.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU
 



iballinyou

Greeks aren't the only ones who wants their rights back .


Turket: Istanbul's Greeks want citizenship back
22 APRIL, 15:29


BackBackSendScrivi alla redazioneSuggest
(ANSAmed) - ISTANBUL, APRIL 22 - The Greek population of Istanbul, which was rather forced to leave Turkey because of the sociopolitical situation, is now asking for its citizenship rights' restoration, daily Sunday's Zaman reported. Greeks in Istanbul, known as Rums (Turkey's Greeks), are finally given the chance to actually voice their demands thanks to recent improvements relating the minorities' rights. Talks have been carried out with government officials through the Istanbul Rums Universal Federation, established in 2005. The federation, after sending a letter to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressing their problems and demands, also sent a written statement to the Foreign Ministry and the Ministry of EU Affairs in September, 2012. As GreekReporter writes, the federation's head, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, presented a number of suggestions, among which were granting quick Turkish citizenship to people who would like to return, giving them orientation classes in order to help them open up small businesses and learn Turkish.

In the beginning of March, Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc highlighted to his government members the importance of improving the lives of minorities in Turkey by expanding their rights, while calling minorities to return to Turkey. According to Sunday's Zaman's, Uzunoglu also underlined that it is highly important for young Greeks to return to Turkey in order to keep their culture alive. (ANSAmed).





I don't know why are you fuming at nose ?

It is your own heritage , if you don't want it , don't have it .

Fact is that most Balkans would benefit from reclaiming their rights and they are doing it i.e becoming Turkish Citizens .

Irony here is in all likelyhood , you probably possess more of an Ottoman heritage than I could ever have .

Churhces are not banned in Ankara .



edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by 200Plus
I have seen firsthand the ways of the Muslim world. I know what awaits these soft-hearted peoples of the West. Your daughters will be cattle, less that human, and traded to those in power for food and shelter. Your children will be converted or killed to bring about the desires of a tribal military leader who murdered thousands and lusted for children..


what the hell!!!!

crazy ass dude

really mate...."your daughters will be cattle" wtf!!

propaganda has skewed your brain


its seems like your talking about the house of judea ( 7th tribe of isreal)...not islam

only they have written words that talk like that...no other religion does..not even the fire worshipping zorastrians
edit on 26-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)


He's actually right.
Maybe you should actually read a real history book, the real accounts of the Ottoman occupation and oppression of the Balkans, before posting.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
reply to post by iBallinU
 



iballinyou

Greeks aren't the only ones who wants their rights back .


Turket: Istanbul's Greeks want citizenship back
22 APRIL, 15:29


BackBackSendScrivi alla redazioneSuggest
(ANSAmed) - ISTANBUL, APRIL 22 - The Greek population of Istanbul, which was rather forced to leave Turkey because of the sociopolitical situation, is now asking for its citizenship rights' restoration, daily Sunday's Zaman reported. Greeks in Istanbul, known as Rums (Turkey's Greeks), are finally given the chance to actually voice their demands thanks to recent improvements relating the minorities' rights. Talks have been carried out with government officials through the Istanbul Rums Universal Federation, established in 2005. The federation, after sending a letter to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressing their problems and demands, also sent a written statement to the Foreign Ministry and the Ministry of EU Affairs in September, 2012. As GreekReporter writes, the federation's head, Nikolaos Uzunoglu, presented a number of suggestions, among which were granting quick Turkish citizenship to people who would like to return, giving them orientation classes in order to help them open up small businesses and learn Turkish.

In the beginning of March, Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc highlighted to his government members the importance of improving the lives of minorities in Turkey by expanding their rights, while calling minorities to return to Turkey. According to Sunday's Zaman's, Uzunoglu also underlined that it is highly important for young Greeks to return to Turkey in order to keep their culture alive. (ANSAmed).





I don't know why are you fuming at nose ?

It is your own heritage , if you don't want it , don't have it .

Fact is that most Balkans would benefit from reclaiming their rights and they are doing it i.e becoming Turkish Citizens .

Irony here is in all likelyhood , you probably possess more of an Ottoman heritage than I could ever have .

Churhces are not banned in Ankara .



edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add


Our rights?

So your telling me that ethnic Greeks, Bulgarians, Serbs, Montenegrans, Croatians, Romanians, who are either Orthodox or Catholic, are taking up Turkish citizenship?

You are delusional.

Show us a link, show us some proof that citizens of those countries are taking up Turkish citizenship enmasse like you want everyone to believe.

Of course you wont provide such a link, because you are only spreading propaganda and lies, as is the usual calling card of Turks on the Internet.


Churches are not banned in Turkey...of course not...the Turkish government just says no to churches, and converts old churches to mosques.

I have my heritage and culture. There's nothing you can do to take it away or stop me from using my culture and heritage.
I was born with it and into it.
It is stronger then yours. It goes back some 10,000 years, a continuous existence of Hellenic tribes in the same region.
You are just a passing visitor to the region, compared to me, whose heritage and culture can be traced back ten times as far back in the region.

I (don't) look forward to more unintelligible replies from you.



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   




Greeks emigrating to Turkey .



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello Anatolia: A Greek-American discovering his roots in Turkey







posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Interviews with Anatolian immigrants in Greece, who gone there after the population exchange of 1923 between Greece and Turkey.

A short excerpt from a documentary called "Twice a Stranger", produced by an independent company called Anemon in Athens, Greece.




posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
As an Islamophile you are within your rights to have any opinion you want


funny

dude im purely keeping it real, while you folk get carried away and let your heart control your brains


your like an emotional young ss in the making



You also have to live with the outcome.


thats fine, because its not me that is the victim of right wing propaganda



BTW - as for rthe woman thing
thats cultures of afghanistan/ pakistan etc...thats nothing to do with islam...but with culture

the sunni countries...their women are always better off then the men
look at the women of egypt, syria, lebanon etc,
none there treats women like that

sheesh



posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


I disagree with you - must be time for the "Nazi" card to come out.

You are like an "Egyptian soldier #10"

Regardless of what a Muslim does, you write it off as "not true Islam".

What is true Islam then? Half my examples were from Saudi Arabia. If that isn't Islam, nothing is.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


I disagree with you - must be time for the "Nazi" card to come out.

You are like an "Egyptian soldier #10"

Regardless of what a Muslim does, you write it off as "not true Islam".

What is true Islam then? Half my examples were from Saudi Arabia. If that isn't Islam, nothing is.


lol

sorry if ive come across too arrogant/ignorant

its just that... everyones emotional right now...
plus 10 years of propaganda to get us to support the wars

has made everyone a bit kooky

i just think its not fair that people are being highjacked

they have set the scene
the scenario
and set the stage

i just think people here deserve a alance to these arguments

TBH - im only ashamed that... im the only one tryng to provide balance to the hysteria...

dont hate me... i just want you to articulate what it is you want...as i dont get it...yet!
edit on 28-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by thePharaoh
 


Why is it that when ever a person points to something bad in Islam it is always "that's not REAL Islam"


because it isnt...iv read the quran myself..the english translation

when people do things... arosss the world... its not about religion..more to do with circumstance or emotions

if i saw someone killing and screaming oh lord,oh jesus

i would not call him a christian fanatic...i wouldnt even think of it

using religion in adversary is being taken out of context




Women stoned for being a rape victim - not real Islam


wow, how wrong could you be... a rape VICTIM stoned

and you believe that do you



Women beaten for talking to men - not real Islam


cultural, not religous



People sentenced to death for saying the wrong thing about the prophet - not real Islam


you mean blasphemy laws

then, all religions have them



Nine year old girls bleeding to death on their wedding night - not real Islam


lol...they dont consumate a marriage at that age lolol

btw...romeo and juliet are like 13 yrs old...peado... see all bs



Women not having the right to drive - not real Islam


once again..cultural

did they have cars 1,400 yrs ago?



Calling for the destruction of Israel - not real Islam


thars ARAB politics..not islamic



Child brides to old men - not real Islam


cultural



Female genital mutilation - not real Islam


cultural/ traditional

btw - the term mutilation is down to percepetion



Celebration of terrorists attacks - not real Islam


local arab politics



Beheadings of civilians - not real Islam

this one made me laugh

noone beheas a CIVILIAN, they behead rapists and murderers

as an american, where you kill a dude every friday...
what would you prefer

electricution, hanging, lethal injection, or beheaded

i think youl find most go for injection and beheading



You can only make so many excuses until that well runs dry.


i dont make excuses
just keeping it real



The Catholic church should be able to just come out and say "pedophile priests are not real Catholics" and that should simply be the end of the discussion. Right?

It's the same argument the communists use. Point out every failure and act of genocide by communist regimes and they all say "that's not real communism".

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.........


its about human corruption of a pure word

people take things out of context...and have warped perceptions

edit on 28-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 28-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join