It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church in Turkish capital rejected by authorities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Church in Turkish capital rejected by authorities

www.digitaljournal.com

Ankara - A request by Christians in the Turkish capital of Ankara, to construct a church, has been rejected by local authorities. The selected location of Kırkkonaklar has instead been allocated to the building of a new mosque.
In January Digital Journal reported Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan offered to fund the construction of a mosque in Athens, the only European capital city of the original EU member states not to host a mosque.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sorry I know this isn't within the 36 hour time limit, but it is alternative news and I don't think it fits into any other section. I can resubmit it in another section if anyone has any suggestions?

Appalling really. But what else should we expect?

On the one hand, the Turkish government is of the belief and demands that neighboring Greece build mosques in Athens for illegal immigrants(and tourists as the article states), but meanwhile, the same Turkey that expects that of it's neighbor for the illegal immigrants that Turkish authorities help shuffle over the border illegally into Greece and the European Union, rejects applications for churches, and even to this day is converting historical churches and cathedrals into mosques.

Add this to the latest plot to assassinate the Orthodox Patriarch in Istanbul this month.

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Muslims behaving hypocritically like this?

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not really any more outrageous than a Christian country refusing to allow a mosque to be built for XYZ reason. Heck, it wouldn't shock me if someone said some places in the US refused permits for building other denominations' churches, or heckled people until they give up. Actually, we're really good at harassing the crap out of the people wanting to build mosques as it is, so there you go, everyone's a hypocrite worldwide.
edit on 5/26/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Not really any more outrageous than a Christian country refusing to allow a mosque to be built for XYZ reason.

You know thats quite the nonsense i have read thus so far are your basically defending them for not allowing to build a church? by the way while you attack Christianity.

You should be happy to know that the other religion is spreading across Europe and our governments are the ones also helping in doing so. For you to claim more outrageous than a Christian country refusing to allow a mosque to be built for XYZ reason.

Is rather quite false. Why dont you travel a bit more and see what i meant by that?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Religion has been used since the dawn of time as a Trojan Horse.

Oh what's that you ask? Nefarious invaders from other lands? Why no sir, no... We is just a bunch of peasant priests come to spread the message of our lords we is.

We is just askin' to build us a church we is.

Same goes with mosques too... Anyone who says any church.mosque, religion in general is nothing to fear extremely naive. They ease their way in through the pretext of god, and corrupt the people/system inside out.

And when SHTF, somehow all the military arsenals end up finding their way into the "holy" houses. Imagine that? Jeez, who hid all these RPG's in this mosque in Iraq/Afghanistan?? Huh, I thought the holy places was for holy godly stuff? Why are all the child molesters taking refuge in catholic churches?
edit on 26-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They banned building minarets in Switzerland a few years ago.
Now they ban a Christian Church in Ankara...
Are these guys getting ready for a religious war like the Crusades? And the Turkish occupation of South-Eastern Europe?

edit on 5/26/2013 by Kokatsi because: Wrong city cited

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Not really any more outrageous than a Christian country refusing to allow a mosque to be built for XYZ reason. Heck, it wouldn't shock me if someone said some places in the US refused permits for building other denominations' churches, or heckled people until they give up. Actually, we're really good at harassing the crap out of the people wanting to build mosques as it is, so there you go, everyone's a hypocrite worldwide.
edit on 5/26/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Huh?

Man as soon as they say they want to build a mosque in a western country, if anyone says boo about it they're bashed to death with the bigot stick and told off for being racist.

By other westerners.

White christians are getting so self depreciating... they'll have to hand out ky jelly at mass to ensure they are not hurting the people bending them over all the time.

Oo

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Personally I was far more surprised to hear that Turkey has banned hookahs in public places.

You just know things are doomed when you hear things like that.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some of the Churches in Ankara , currently in operation .

ANKARA
Ankara - Balgat
Uluslararası Protestan Kilisesi
0312 442 20 47

Ankara - Batıkent
Ankara Batıkent Bereket Kilisesi
e-mail : [email protected]
Adres: Kent Koop Mah. Özgünkent Sit. 1800 Cad. 1859. Sok. No: 16/B Batykent, Ankara
Tlf : 0 312 255 44 06
www.batikentkilisesi.com

Ankara - Dikmen, Kızılay, Mamak
Ankara Kilise 312
e-mail : [email protected]
Telefon : 0535 301 37 15

Ankara - Kolej
Kurtuluş Kilisesi
www.kurtulus.org.tr
Adres: Servi Sokak No: 17/a Kurtulus Ankara

Mesih'in Kilisesi
Çağlar çarşısı No:20/26 Kardelen Mahallesi
Batıkent / Ankara
0312 255 35 90
www.mesihinkilisesi.com

Ankara - Ostim/Batıkent
Ankara Protestan Kilisesi
www.protestan.org
0312 354 65 34 - 0537 797 01 58
Adres: Alınteri Bulvarı OSTİM işhanları E Blok No:31/B OSTİM/ANKARA
İbadet: Her Pazar Saat 11.00

Ankara - Ulus
Ulus Mesih İnanlıları Topluluğu
[email protected]
0312 309 76 59

Southern Eastern Europe has another name ; it's called the BALKANS .

Serbs , Croats , Macedons , Albans , Greeks , Romans, Bulgars , Slovens , Hungarians are all beginning to remember the days when they were part of Ottoman Empire .

As Turks get richer , all ex Ottoman Countries are coming back and claiming their history .

Christianity was/is and will be tolerated in Turkey and contrary to what many people think , there exists the Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Shaman Turks in the World .

Thus it is always in Turks interest to maintain Abrahams religions , as well as other religions too .

While Athens doesn't have a single Mosque , Ankara has enough Churches .

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
DONT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT...AND DONT HATE MONGER

listen up ATS

its pure BS

iv seen this in egypt

a village with 99% muslims...gets a massive chuch with a massive imposing dome...built in the middle of the village

it could be seen from miles away in the desert

people asked who gave them premission

the town hall and government said noone...they just built it
when it was taken down...
foreign media started reporting that a church was being attacked???????????????????????????????

ITS ABOUT REPRESENTATION AND IMPOSTIONS

crazy new age missionary impostitions
they are muslim countries...why impose churches then cry about it when refused

chrsitians are takeing the P in these countries

would YOU put up with a mosque outside every church??...well thats what they are dealing with
a really excessive aggressive church building scheme in the arab/muslim world

edit on 26-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me, muslims only obey their sharia law, when they migrate to other lands the sharia law is their law not of that of their new country. They are harder to assimilate to their chosen country. So don't be surprised when their leaders snub other religions.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here is a place where Cross & Crescent co-exists .

www.mesihinkilisesi.com...

Clash of Civilisation advocaters , eat your hearts out .

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
This doesn't surprise me, muslims only obey their sharia law, when they migrate to other lands the sharia law is their law not of that of their new country. They are harder to assimilate to their chosen country. So don't be surprised when their leaders snub other religions.

blasphemic lies

egypts a muslim country...the biggest land owners is the coptic church!!

palastine, lebanon syria, jordon, libya, tunis..especially turkey

NEARLY ALL OF THEM...is home to christians

CHRISTIANS CAME FROM THERE (so do jews)

you darn propaganda babies are soo annoying

listen carefully

its about unrepresentative impostions...

peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by MegaSpace

blasphemic lies

egypts a muslim country...the biggest land owners is the coptic church!!

palastine, lebanon syria, jordon, libya, tunis..especially turkey

NEARLY ALL OF THEM...is home to christians

CHRISTIANS CAME FROM THERE (so do jews)

you darn propaganda babies are soo annoying

Thats your opinion & your very quick to start bashing me with out even knowing me. Im stating from my personal experiences. Besides i have more muslim friends then all of you in here in this topic & thus i have no hidden agenda. But you're entitled to your opinion & views like i am without being labeled propagandist.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
They banned building minarets in Switzerland a few years ago.
Now they ban a Christian Church in Ankara...
Are these guys getting ready for a religious war like the Crusades? And the Turkish occupation of South-Eastern Europe?

edit on 5/26/2013 by Kokatsi because: Wrong city cited

They didn't ban Christian Churches in Ankara .

Balkan people are part of Turkish history and compare the treatment they've gotten from Europeans in last century , many Balkan people are starting to realise that the things weren't that bad while they were part of Ottoman Empire .

Turks have no need to invade anywhere in Balkans because there already exists allies of Turks in Balkans.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

Sorry i didn't read the article but from two paragraphs that i read i see two things:
1. Greece is not the original EU member.
2. Athens is not the only EU capital without mosque. Slovenia doesn't have one at all.

So in my opinion the point of the article is just to gather hits and i have no intentions to read it. Amount of misinformation is too big to expect anything useful from this article.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

What an incredibly Islamophilic mindset.

Masques are being put up around the world and people (not pointing fingers) say "Europe is not Christian" and America is not Christian". Citizens protest and take Imams to court of construction sites. Islamophiles come out of the woodwork to defend the "religion of peace" and cry "racism!" at the top of their lungs.

A church (of any denomination) is wanted in what is somehow labeled a "Muslim country" and the responses are also the same drivel. "Racism!" for wanting to build a church in "Muslim lands" and "why can't they leave the poor Muslims alone", or claims that "Christians are pedophiles". Muslims KILL the infidels for wanting to worship another god and somehow that is their right as it is their land.

I have seen firsthand the ways of the Muslim world. I know what awaits these soft-hearted peoples of the West. Your daughters will be cattle, less that human, and traded to those in power for food and shelter. Your children will be converted or killed to bring about the desires of a tribal military leader who murdered thousands and lusted for children.

Keep living in your current warm and fuzzy worlds where the Muslims are downtrodden and the Christians are the reason for the violence in the world. Your children will either hate you for what you defended, loathe you for what you allowed, or honor you for what you stood for.

You are approaching a point in history when you cannot hide in the shadows and offer quips and jovial banter. We will all have a side and those who think otherwise are the biggest fools of all. Perhaps not in this generation or the next, but our civilization that required thousands of years to build will not last another 200. The goat herders of the past have found that war is the hard route and western countries have perfected it. It is far easier to depend upon the guilt of the soft hearted. Western countries are actually importing their own destruction.

Call me a racist if that is what you have. It has been throw around so much the word is hollow to any learned person. An islamophobe I am not. I have proven time and again that I have nothing to fear from Muslims. I am not soft hearted and I recognize a plague when I see one.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Thank you for correcting facts - as usually, Western media distorts things a bit. Sounded like all Christians were not getting their churches in Ankara.
I must point out though that Hungary is not officially considered the Balkans (which is originally a chain of mountains full of the finest rose cultivation and wine in Bulgaria).

Regardless of the friendly feelings between modern Turks and Hungarians (I met some very agreeable Turkish students, my best friend studies Turkish and loves travelling there, and I am quite fond of Turkish restaurants), people in Central-Eastern Europe have rather mixed feelings towards the historical memories of the Ottoman Empire, but this would be a long subject and a matter of careful consideration.

Just for a start:
While parts of Serbia and Bulgaria were occupied by the Ottoman Empire for almost 500 years, only the middle part of Hungary was Turkish for 150 years. True, the ensuing domination by the Austrian Empire proved to be like jumping from the kettle to the frying pan, in comparing Central Eastern European countries and the classical Balkans, one finds that certain urban aspects of civilization and democracy are generally less developed the longer they were occupied. Which calls into question the heritage of the Eastern Roman Empire upon which the Ottoman Empire was built - Byzantium.

Hungary and Transylvania are particularly less easy to judge as historical cases, in contrast to other Turkish-occupied nations, the majority of Christians here have been Western (Catholic and Protestant), not Eastern Orthodox (like the majority of Serbs, Romanians and Bulgarians). The use of the Cyrillic alphabet also stops along this fault line. (On the other hand, my experience is that food and music are generally more interesting on the Eastern part of this dividing line, and in Turkey, both are absolutely magical.)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
reply to post by 23432

Thank you for correcting facts - as usually, Western media distorts things a bit. Sounded like all Christians were not getting their churches in Ankara.
I must point out though that Hungary is not officially considered the Balkans (which is originally a chain of mountains full of the finest rose cultivation and wine in Bulgaria).

Hungary is not in Balkans , you are correct about that . My bad .

Regardless of the friendly feelings between modern Turks and Hungarians (I met some very agreeable Turkish students, my best friend studies Turkish and loves travelling there, and I am quite fond of Turkish restaurants), people in Central-Eastern Europe have rather mixed feelings towards the historical memories of the Ottoman Empire, but this would be a long subject and a matter of careful consideration.

All for the better that Hungray remained under Ottoman rule for 150 years.

President Schmitt stated that he considered being under Ottoman rule for 150 years as an opportunity. He added that had his country remained under the rule of another nation, his country would have been forced to convert to another religion and speak another language and thus would ultimately be assimilated. He also said that for 150 years Hungray had been a strategic location for Turks.

In 1541, Suleiman the Magnificent conquered Budin, a place that remained under Ottoman rule until 1686 for 145 years. Some parts of Hungray remained under Ottoman rule for 160 years.

Just for a start:
While parts of Serbia and Bulgaria were occupied by the Ottoman Empire for almost 500 years, only the middle part of Hungary was Turkish for 150 years. True, the ensuing domination by the Austrian Empire proved to be like jumping from the kettle to the frying pan, in comparing Central Eastern European countries and the classical Balkans, one finds that certain urban aspects of civilization and democracy are generally less developed the longer they were occupied. Which calls into question the heritage of the Eastern Roman Empire upon which the Ottoman Empire was built - Byzantium.

Ottoman Empire is continuation of Eastern Roman Empire , there is no doubt about that . Modern Turkish Republic , for all its faults and shortcomings, had proven to be a viable model for all exOttomans , including Hungarian cousins .

Hungary and Transylvania are particularly less easy to judge as historical cases, in contrast to other Turkish-occupied nations, the majority of Christians here have been Western (Catholic and Protestant), not Eastern Orthodox (like the majority of Serbs, Romanians and Bulgarians). The use of the Cyrillic alphabet also stops along this fault line. (On the other hand, my experience is that food and music are generally more interesting on the Eastern part of this dividing line, and in Turkey, both are absolutely magical.)

In Eastern Orthodox nations in Balkans , there is a saying : Turk pays .
There are lots of Eastern Orthodox Turks amongs Cyrillic nations too . Hopefully , the new Turkish Era will bring about more prosperity to Eastern European Nations , once again .
Funny how history repeats itself , eh ?
I am a musician and a mean cook , so its easy to appreciate your point of view .

Christians are welcome in Turkey , just like anyone else . In fact missionaries are predicting that there will be an increase of Christian Converts in Turkey in oncoming decades .
For what its worth , this thread is full of misinformation . Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express the reality in an objective way .

edit on 26-5-2013 by 23432 because: add

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join