It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer and the creation of Lyme Disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The first documented case of Lyme Disease.

Lyme disease was first documented in the United States in 1975. The organism that causes Lyme disease is transmitted by the bite of a tick. Lyme disease is named for the town in Connecticut where some of the first cases occurred in the United States. Lyme disease cases have since been documented in about 43 states, with over 15,000 cases reported annually between 1998 and 2004. Over 153,000 total cases were reported in the United States between 1993 and 2002. During 2002, 23,763 Lyme disease cases were reported, making this the peak year. During 2003-2005, 64,382 cases were reported. During the year of 2007, 27,444 cases of Lyme disease were reported, yeilding a national average of 9.1 cases per 100.000 persons. Several cases of Lyme disease have been reported in Florida as well, corresponding to approximately 40 cases per year.

edis.ifas.ufl.edu...

Lyme Disease definition.

Lyme disease is the most common tick-borne illness in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. Deer ticks, which feed on the blood of animals and humans, can harbor the bacteria and spread it when feeding.

www.mayoclinic.com...

Okay. If you are still reading this you might be wondering why I posted this.

I travel in strange circles. I meet different people. I talk to a wide variety of people.

The other night I was having a discussion with someone (educated) who mentioned that Lyme Disease was accidently created by Pfizer Pharmaceutical Company. He could offer no proof other than what he had heard.

I did a search on ATS and found nothing on the subject, I googled and could find nothing on the subject (hence the Grey Area Forum).

But I thought it interesting that someone would casually mention this while residing in the same state in which it was first discovered.

I toss it out to the learned crew of ATS to digest and ponder yourselves.

Any validity to this?
Has anyone else heard of this?

I leave it to you all and look forward to any discovery on the topic.

beez

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You have certainly piqued my curiosity, little rabbit. I currently have little to add outside of having heard this same rumor in conversation with a very prominent doctor who has "friends in high places." I will be scouring the interwebs looking for any corroborating information to add. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of big Pharmaceuticals.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've read the disease was created on Plum Island in the Long Island Sound which houses the Plum Island Animal Disease Center of New York a Federal Research Center.

If you take a look at a map - the PIADCNY is literally a stones throw across the Sound to Lyme, CT where the 1st case of Lyme Disease was discovered.

Plum Island Animal Disease Center

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BishopNGreen

Appreciate the assist!

I too, will be looking further into this, though right now, I have found nothing to corroborate this story with!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

A quick google shows a definite connection between Plum Island and Lyme Disease.

wow

Thanks for the further info!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Found this article from 1987

Margaret R. Anderson, a research associate at Pfizer Chemicals in Groton, which publishes a pamphlet on Lyme disease, said as the incidence increases, so does the public's interest in the disease. Last year, Pfizer gave out its entire printing of 35,000 pamphlets, she said, and this year the company is printing 50,000 more.

''We don't push any product in the pamphlet, and we don't allow it to be used for commercial purposes, even our own,'' Mrs. Anderson said. ''There are many people here at Pfizer who have had Lyme disease, and many more who are at risk, so it's certainly in the company's interest to keep our employees and their families informed.''

www.nytimes.com...

Interesting, because they had a research facility in Groton, CT, right near Lyme - and they were helping educate people on the disease? Maybe they felt guilty initially (yeah right), before they realized how well they could profit from their "mistake"!

edit on 25-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This woman, Kathleen Dickson, is a whistleblower against Pfizer (where she worked). She claims that the vaccine LymeRix (a Pfizer invention) causes a "Lyme-like" disease. You can do a search on either her name or "Lyme Pfizer" to find (really hard-to-hear) smoking-gun video presentations. Here's her LinkedIn site:

Kathleen DIckson (LinkedIn)

This "imitator" disease may be what your acquaintance was referring to....

ETA: Apparently there's also a PDF of her testimony, but I can't find it. It led to a 404 at the only link I found....

Oh. I think I fixed my link.
edit on 5/25/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here's a very thorough article that is an interesting take on this OP.

The Vaccine Blueprint

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Saw this thread and logged in to say that I just ran across an article today linking Lyme to Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Lupus and a host of other ailments. The study, oddly enough, shows testosterone to be helpful, even for women.

www.envita.com...

Side note, Jesse Ventura did one of his Tru TV conspiracy shows on Plum Island and Lyme.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My 2 cents is Pfizer may have been involved with the vaccine but that disease came off that island.
Pretty easy actually - shoot the deer up with the disease and throw them in the LI Sound and let them swim.

2 Deer Swim the Sound

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It would seem to me that if Pfizer would have created the bacteria for lyme disease, they would have developed a treatment before releasing the disease out into the public. The treatment would then be released a few years later to disrupt our focus. So I would say that they had nothing to do with creating it.

Personally, I feel that Lyme disease existed for a long time and the symptoms were ignored by doctors who called it a Psychosomatic disease after the patient had left. That used to happen a lot back in the old days back in the sixties and seventies. Even today, if a doctor cannot figure out what is bothering people they give the patients anti-depressents and send them home. I can't stand people who can't say "I don't know" and then cover up their lack of intuition when they fail to figure something out.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I knew I had been exposed to genetically engineered viruses that were human infectious agents. They had given me the name of it, but that doesn't tell us anything. I went back to OSHA and told them that the name of a virus is not the identity of a virus. With a genetically engineered virus, each one is custom-made, and you can name it whatever you want to name it. So I went to OSHA and Pfizer and told them they needed to give me the genetic code so we could see what was in the virus and figure out why I was falling into paralysis. It took OSHA around a year to make a ruling-it went from Hartford to Boston to Washington D.C.-and they ruled that protection of trade secrets supersedes my right to get any genetic information on this virus.

The lentivirus which McClain was exposed is a retrovirus. This means its genetic code is in the form of RNA rather than DNA. The RNA is in a "coat" which enables it to attach to a broad spectrum of mammalian cells and become engulfed in the cell. As described by the late brilliant Nobel-prize winning molecular geneticist Howard Temin, the virus has a gene (called reverse transcriptase or RET) which enables it to go backwards in the genetic paradigm. Normally, the DNA code for a gene creates an RNA message which directs the formation of the protein specified by the gene. RET makes it possible to go backwards, making DNA from the RNA. The viral DNA can then be inserted into the DNA of the chromosomes. New gene insertion with long term effects becomes possible, depending on what the virus has been designed to do. The gene therapy possibilities are intoxicating to drug companies and biomedical research. We can expect increased intensity in this field in the near future.

The below sight is a Lyme Disease dedicated sight. The above quotes are from a lab tech that won a lawsuit for improper safety procedures copied from the sight. Interesting about the gene splicing of RNA not DNA sequencing..

The bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi was identified in the USA in 1982, and was connected to an epidemic of arthritis among children in the small town Lyme a few years earlier. It was known that the bacterium was transmitted by ticks. In Europe there were observations that connected tick bites to the occurrence of the characteristic dermatological conditions EM and ACA, but the fact that this newly discovered spirochete was the causative agent of illness was new, also in Europe. Several scientists took interest in this new spirochete, and Dr. Bozsik was one of the first to engage in the field. He was the first to suggest the term Lyme Borreliosis, this was accepted and immediately taken into use.

Still looking for something that ties in the causal and effect but so far like you no bulls-eye. Although some of the stuff I have read about laboratory procedures nothing would surprise me about something infecting a technician and being carried out of the Lab.
lymesentinel.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Great Thread.
Hopefully in the future experiments will be conducted on a island in the middle of the South Pacific
rather than an island located in one of the most populated areas of The United States.
In fact, these experiments could be conducted rather safely in Antarctica. But then again,
it only takes one psycho/sociopath with an agenda to fill his satchel ruin things.

S&F

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Actually there is a Bulls Eye.
It radiates outward with time from the center
of the Tick Bite. There is no mistaking it.
Rather ironic that you would use the term "Bulls Eye".

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by beezzer

This woman, Kathleen Dickson, is a whistleblower against Pfizer (where she worked). She claims that the vaccine LymeRix (a Pfizer invention) causes a "Lyme-like" disease. You can do a search on either her name or "Lyme Pfizer" to find (really hard-to-hear) smoking-gun video presentations. Here's her LinkedIn site:

Kathleen DIckson (LinkedIn)

This "imitator" disease may be what your acquaintance was referring to....

ETA: Apparently there's also a PDF of her testimony, but I can't find it. It led to a 404 at the only link I found....

Oh. I think I fixed my link.
edit on 5/25/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

Glaxosmithkline invented Lymerix, not Pfizer.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He could offer no proof other than what he had heard.

There's your answer: it's a load of bollocks.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by beezzer

Saw this thread and logged in to say that I just ran across an article today linking Lyme to Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Lupus and a host of other ailments. The study, oddly enough, shows testosterone to be helpful, even for women.

www.envita.com...

Side note, Jesse Ventura did one of his Tru TV conspiracy shows on Plum Island and Lyme.

Fibromyalgia IS NOT caused by Lyme.
medent.usyd.edu.au...

Fibro is found world wide, lyme is not.
lyme disease has many of the same symptoms of fibro but IS NOT fibro.

Fibro is just as common in Australia as its in the US but there is no proven native cases of Lyme in Australia.
The very few cases of Lyme confirmed in Australia were people that had traveled to Lyme areas in the US or other countries with lyme ticks.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I would like to thank all that have contributed to this thread.

It is interesting that there is so much controversy around Plum Island. Worthy of a closer look.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Fibromyalgia IS NOT caused by Lyme.
medent.usyd.edu.au...

Fibro is found world wide, lyme is not.
lyme disease has many of the same symptoms of fibro but IS NOT fibro.

Fibro is just as common in Australia as its in the US but there is no proven native cases of Lyme in Australia.
The very few cases of Lyme confirmed in Australia were people that had traveled to Lyme areas in the US or other countries with lyme ticks.

Go back and read my comment again, I did not say Lyme was THE SINGLE cause of fibromyalgia, only that the study I cited claimed fibromyalgia had been "linked to" Lyme Disease. Fibro has also been linked to cervical spine injuries, but that is no proof that everyone whose neck is injured will get it. Strangely enough, I happen to have all three, first the bite with high fever and the bull's eye rash, then several months later a serious neck injury and a few years after that came the diagnosis of Fibro, which is why the article I linked caught my interest.

That there is no proof for the existence of Lyme borne ticks or even of any other unknown vectors in Australia only highlights the fact that THEY DO NOT KNOW all of the answers which, of course, is why they're still doing research.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've always found this image very telling in regards to Lyme Disease and Plum Island.

Original image from Lyme disease wiki Here

There's a great documentary on Lyme disease (if you haven't seen it already) called; Under Our Skin

edit on 26-5-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join