It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW TITLE: Does This Secret Society Exist, and Am I Being Recruited?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Does Circle B exist?

All things have three levels "outer", "inner", and "secret".

The "outer" is the image presented to the world. The "inner" is the knowledge reserved for the members. And the "secret" is the reason for being.

Very few people are ever introduced to the "secret".

The "outer" is the shield. It protects the other two levels from prying eyes and eavesdropping ears.

You might request to join the "outer", and if you have the right moral character, they may let you in, to become part of the shield.

You can spend all of your life happily working for the shield. By its very nature, the shield does things that the outer society would generally consider "good deeds". So, if you get stuck in the shield, you'll probably be fine.

But to progress further, into the "light" may require you to change your views of the world. You might find this exciting, or you might find this revolting. But if you are happy being you, why should you change? Despite all claims to the contrary, no one can "Make a Good man Better". But, men can be mislead. There are so many ways to mislead men, that the term "broad is the way to destruction" has been used to describe this reality.

If there is any danger to this new light, it starts at the :"inner" level. No one can ask about the "secret" level, because it is by invitation only. The club may not even acknowledge there is a "Secret" level, and may only promote the two outer ones.

However, that shield is there for a purpose. And you should probably ask yourself, why does anyone need a shield. Is the nature of the shield reflective of the nature of the inner and secret levels? Are they really doing the same kinds of things on all three levels? Why not just have one flat level order? You can actually figure out what the secret is, before you get an invitation to join. Just use reason and common sense. You may be able to leave the club, if you're just an outer member. But, once you enter the secret, there's no way out. So, do you value your freedom more than your curiosity to know?

If a secret is being kept from the outer world, maybe there's a good reason. The more faith you have, the less knowledge you need. The less faith you have, the more knowledge you generally need to be feel satisfied. So, depending on your faith, you may or may not need any more light. Only you can make that decision, since only you know the state of your faith.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by shells4u

Dear shells4u,

Well, games are usually fun, and I don't mind playing them, but this is a serious question, and not twenty of them.

What I asking is, what do the experienced and objective members of ATS think is my best course of action in this situation. I realize the final decision is mine, but many counsellors make for great wisdom. Yes, I'm imposing on the members, asking them to offer their advice for free, but I don't know how to compensate them except with a star.

I don't think this applies, but I'll add it anyway. It looks like I'm going to be offered an assignment in the next level up from local. I don't know what it will be, but I've been told that it will be somewhere. I'll know for sure in about 6 weeks.

With respect,
Charles1952

You have already made it clear, that a part of you wants to go down the rabbit hole, should the situation present itself. You are first assuming it even will. Although maybe unlikely in your eyes, this could all be a misunderstanding, and nowhere near as interesting or unusual , or out of the ordinary as you perceive it to be.

Secondly, you say you don't want to compromise your values. Are you assuming that by progressing to Circle B, you will hit a point in that particular path upon which you won't be able to return from? As in, once you accept membership to "Circle B", you won't be able to call it quits if you feel your values are compromised?

I say go for it, full throttle. You just might find that Circle B is not nearly what you thought it was. Perhaps it aligns with your values more than you think!

If it TRULY is against your values....at the very least, like you said, you can progress as far as you wish down the rabbit hole, and then write a book at a later date. I'm sure the crowd here on ATS would love it, let alone everyone else!

You already know your answer. Turning back isn't what you truly want to do.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think one of my golden rules would apply here:
"It's better to regret something you've done, than to regret something you didn't do"

And of course, pay attention to your gut feeling.

Good luck in your choice!

NB If the people in circle b are as influential as you said they could be, then please accept to be a part of it.
You seem like a sincere person, we need more of that in high positions.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster
I think one of my golden rules would apply here:
"It's better to regret something you've done, than to regret something you didn't do"

But, never follow a path blindfolded.

We have eyes to see the horizon, to plan our journey. And although it is impossible to know all the traps that might appear along the road, at least we have a vision of the destination in mind.

To stray from this simple design, where we naturally use our ability "to look ahead", and to put on a blindfold instead, and walk wherever another tells us to put our feet, simply works against our designer's blueprint.

It is just not wise to close your eyes and be blindly led to an unknown destination.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It should be noted that an order is an order.
Chances are... you're not going to change that.
Comport with yourself if you can.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You want my advice? Ok...

Patience, grasshopper... You say you're a 60 year old man, but you're acting like "the young bull"
I'm assuming you've heard the story of the young bull and the older bull...standing on the hill, looking down at all those cows... I realize you must be chomping at the bit to uncover the truth, but shortcuts don't always benefit you as much as you would hope. But you know this.
I might put that bull story in my sig next time I change it...hmmm... Well, good luck with your situation. I've got one of my own to ponder now

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Dear 3n19m470,

Thanks for the advice. I have to admit I gave a rueful smile at the thought that I was being compared to a "young bull."

You're right, though, there is nothing I can do to hurry things along. "When there's nothing you can do, do nothing."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think you should join "Circle B" of "The Club" as soon as they ask you to. Then report back on your findings. Be the mole.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by curlygirl

Dear curlygirl,

(I have to ask, isn't that awfully hard on your spine?
Sometimes I just crack myself up.)

Ok, fine. IF there is a Circle B, and IF I'm asked to join, and IF I think that talking about them won't hurt a good group, THEN I think I can report back.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Feeding on your vanity - watch the movie The Devil's Advocate a few times, if need be.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join