It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one else dream of airplanes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I speak of crashing airplanes, not in the sense of dying in an airplane crash, but of having airplanes crash on you.

I have had a recurring dream for several years of being unable to get away from some plane that is going down.

Some times they are aircraft that I recognize. An F-16 screaming across the sky and suddenly doing a nose dive right at me. Or looking up at a helicopter that is obviously losing control and it lands on top of me.

Other times they are ridiculous looking aircraft. A blimp with wings and propellers coming down on top of me and I run this way and that and I know there is no escape. All of them always land on top of me.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare, as no dream has ever woken me up out of sleep. A recurring dream, I guess you could say,

I fly a couple times a month, and have no problem with it.

Has there ever been any study done on why some dreams persist for years?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
ME!

God, they're mad aren't they. Not just planes. I had a shuttle launch once go wrong, and .. have no idea why or how but I was there - and the shuttle was slowly failing and turning towards the direction of the crowds.

It's something so immense.

Or I had one ream years ago, where I was driving down a busy street, and I heard a strange humming noise. And in the sky were two disc UFO's with cables attached to what looked like a huge Ferris wheel. But they were unable to control it and came crashing down and it wasn't so much the fear of being hit by them, they were huge, but it was the energy I knew what was coming out of them, radiating everywhere..

I have these things all the time, and they are a unique experience to say the least.

I guess it's the feeling of inevitable doom crashing down, as you can't run, it's pointless to try, despite how slow the things are falling from the sky...

Oo

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
..sounds like your subconscious is telling you "your life is dominated by planes" ?
edit on 25-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: fixed a typo.. and threw a paper plane at OP

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Have you ever had family die in this kind of way ? Like in a war or something ? Do you recognize where you are when the plane falls on you ? Lastly do you ever see anyone else in this particular dream?

I used to have a dream , from 2 years old , about a dirty fast flowing river with a grey bowler hat floating down the river.
As i got older , i learned that my great uncle (grand dads bro) , was washed off a causeway in the car along with my pop and his other brothers and his Father . My great uncle was the only one who could not re surface .
As looking through pictures of old family , i noticed he was wearing the grey bowlers hat that i have seen in my dreams ! I was amazed.
'
Since then i have asked my grand dad to take me to the stretch of river where it happened. He wasnt very keen on going back but he agreed in the end
Turns out it was the exact stretch of river i had been dreaming about since i was two years old , having never seen it before, ever. I was dreaming of the exact hat and same stretch of river my g uncle died in , never having seen either one .

bit off topic .

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

I can’t say that I have ever had a dream of aircraft crashing into me, however I have had numerous close calls with aircraft and falling objects falling from the sky. Though not recently. These all happened while I was in the 82nd Airborne.

First crash was a C-130 that bellied in about 50 yards in front of me during a LAPES, broke its back, proceeded into the woodline and blew up in front of about 3000+ people.

The second was another C-130 that basically heavy dropped itself trying to heavy drop a Sheridan (Tank). The thing got wedged inside the aircraft and down it came.

The third was an OH-58 Kiowa that missed us (overhead) by treetop level before slamming into the forest.

Not to mention the many things that has fallen from the sky during airborne operations. Helmets, Ruck sacks, HUMMV’s, Artillery pieces, the occasional body, etc, etc. Twice I was that falling body but thankfully the reserve worked.

Then there was the time a homebuilt crashed onto the highway about 100 yards in front of me after coming in to low to the airport.

If a asteroid hits earth…I’ll probably be at ground zero…yet somehow survive.

Good AND bad memories. I survived, yet in almost every case, people died.
edit on 25-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have had recurring dreams for many years, going back to my Navy days (maybe before) about strange aircraft. usually I see squadrons of strange planes, some large and very high, some smaller and lower, sometimes a sort of parade of some of each (must be something goin on!)
Often planes crash. no one seems to get hurt. (sometimes blimps, which I see now and then at my job).
one earlier this spring featured a huge helicopter going down. I remember, it was so real I was telling myself 'this is real, I'm not dreaming' as I watched it go down. part of me, I must confess, would love to see this happen, but I would not want anyone to get hurt.

btw, did anyone see the vid of the 747 in Afghanistan that crashed? recently? apparently it was load shift. very much like my dreams except people died

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-5-2013 by works4dhs because: add linque

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I hadn't see that video yet, that's crazy, and so tragic. And it's also right on par with my dreams. I've had recurring dreams of plane crashes for about the last 15 years. I'm never in the plane, but watching the plane crash before my eyes, eerily similar to this video.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Have you ever had family die in this kind of way ? Like in a war or something ? Do you recognize where you are when the plane falls on you ? Lastly do you ever see anyone else in this particular dream?

I used to have a dream , from 2 years old , about a dirty fast flowing river with a grey bowler hat floating down the river.
As i got older , i learned that my great uncle (grand dads bro) , was washed off a causeway in the car along with my pop and his other brothers and his Father . My great uncle was the only one who could not re surface .
As looking through pictures of old family , i noticed he was wearing the grey bowlers hat that i have seen in my dreams ! I was amazed.
'
Since then i have asked my grand dad to take me to the stretch of river where it happened. He wasnt very keen on going back but he agreed in the end
Turns out it was the exact stretch of river i had been dreaming about since i was two years old , having never seen it before, ever. I was dreaming of the exact hat and same stretch of river my g uncle died in , never having seen either one .

bit off topic .

edit on 26-5-2013 by Darkrunner because: Dreams. Why do they repeat themselves?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Over the last year or so I have had quite a few dreams about planes and airports.

The plane dreams are always crashes, always commercial ones and I see that it's going to crash and me and whoever I am with is gonna get caught up in the blast wave that will follow. So it's always a rush to get as safe as possible before it hits us.
Sometimes I feel it go over us, sometimes I wake up first.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I remember a dream I had where an airplane engine dropped on me from the sky at an airport.

Kind of freaky!
I've had a lot of airplane dreams.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dreams always siginfy something and I remember from my psyche class that dreaming of a crashing plane means you are setting goals for yourself that are unrealistic and you are subconsciously thinking that those goals may come crashing down around you.

I would examine your goals and possibly lower your expectations a bit if that is indeed the case. Hopefully then this recurring dream will end.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Guess that means I'm either never going to finish anything I start writing, or never going to be in contact with my twin flame (if I have one at all)

Maybe now this is realised ill stop dreaming of those planes! :p

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
MY MOST COMMON DREAM!

They used to be UFOs then jets then piper cubs then gliders...over time I got so used to them I realised I could bring them down at will. Sometimes they do this dance with me as if I know they are going to crash and they try not to...used to be scary, now its a power trip and thrilling.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No reply mate?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've had three distinct airplane dreams in the past couple years. All of them crashes. The last two had me stepping out of a cracked in half airplane with little to know injuries or pain. The funny thing was, those last two crashes where in the Australian Outback haha. I have never been there in my life but immediately started hunting Bearded Dragon lizards both times. Needles to say I came across countless exotic reptiles. My mind is funny at times.

I'm fascinated by Australia and often dream about their deserts. I've even crash landed there twice in my sleep rofl.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I had this dream prior to 9/11:

I was in the kitchen of my parent's home when I heard a terrible noise I looked out the window to see an airplane exploding in midair and large pieces falling to the ground. At that moment in my dream I thought "This is just like the world trade center"(at that time the wtc was still intact but it was after the '93 bombing)

I realized I wasn't safe and I started to run out of the house. In the sky I saw another plane approaching and I felt a sick feeling it was going to explode too. Then the dream went black.

When I woke up I thought to myself- wow that was weird, the world trade center was a bomb not a plane.

After 9/11 I thought to myself this might be a dream of something yet to come which is why I thought "this is just like the world trade center" for a long time I thought it was going to happen, but now I know if it does it will not happen exactly like the dream since my parents sold that home and none of my family live in NY anymore.

I have a feeling something might happen with the drones flying into the ground to create panic.

edit on 30-5-2013 by JasmineG because: bad grammar

top topics

join