It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I felt what TRUE love feels like!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have never felt love towards or from someone before, at least not the way it is said to feel like. But in a dream I had last night, I found a childhood friend that I was.... I had a feeling that could be felt from head to toe and to the core of my sole 100% of me felt something I cannot describe. I don't recall this person in my past but there was that feeling in my dream that I had known this person my whole life, and the connection felt stronger then twins feel for one another.... It was really disappointing to wake up

edit on 25-5-2013 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Really???? :/

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Yes.

And that is where she has stayed ever since.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I had a dream like that once. I opened a small vial and all this really strong love came pouring out for a childhood girlfriend I once had. It stayed there until I eventually married her many years later, which ended in disaster 12 years later. However, that feeling never left until I divorced. It can be a very powerful thing, those love dreams.

Just had to share that.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just wanted to say you're not the only one - Like you, I had a dream about 5 years back where I met someone I've never seen before. In the dream, she told me a phone number, and a name to go along with it (What's funny was she told me her name, as if she "knew" that I'd forget the information - she carefully spelled it out, how it sounds, and had me repeat it back - same for the phone number).

Well, I was somewhat aware that I was dreaming at this point, but for some reason, I took the paper that the phone number was written on and placed it in a toolbox in the garage (maybe I intended to go back & get the paper?). Just before waking up, she told me something along the lines like "Find me".

Woke up crying, and feeling exactly like you felt - running into my crush at school (at the time) went nowhere as far as this kind of "love" felt. I'm agnostic, but this felt like what I would imagine God's love felt like. I also was repeating her first name over & over again as I woke - I can still remember that name. As for the phone number, I forgot it as soon as I awoke - I'd need a dream extraction to get it back though
(working on lucid dreaming, so it might be possible to "find" it).

-fossilera

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

You know the funny thing is, that what you experienced in your dream is no different to what you'd have experienced in real life.

The 'story' is the same to your brain. It doesn't know the difference.. only you tell it that.

I've had similar thoughts along that line before... I tend to be overwhelmed by smells. And not long ago it was debilitating, I could be walking down a street and suddenly the smell of something perfumed, a bush, a laundry, washing on the line, would cause me to instantly stop and become lost.

I would be transported to another 'reality'.. or place.. So real, and so all encompassing.. but only for a split second. and then I'd carry on.. it would be, and still is, something I don't like.

Because it makes me feel as if I somehow managed to be in 'reality' for a moment. and this is all something else. What if that feeling I had for that split second, is what was supposed to be?

I mean, tomorrow you could have a car accident and wake up not remembering anyone in your life. Everyone a stranger. It's no different than suddenly being taken out of your life and dumped into another.

What if 30 years ago you were supposed to call that girl you liked, but never did.. Where are your children, your family, all the friends you would have made?

We tend to think of the things we have as explicitly ours. We will fight to the death to save our loved ones.. We can not imagine life without the people in our lives that make it special.

How can we feel so strongly that we must protect the things we have, while at the same time, we've willingly let our 'alternative' lives drift away...

Ahh it does my head in. I sit here, a hermit, a recluse, forced to interact with society on a regular basis.. and when I think back to when I was a teenager, if someone had said "Go, this. You!" I'd have said "Not bloody likely."

It's all chemical and electrical reactions in our brain.. all of it. but oh how powerful a reality it can create, or take away from us, in the blink of an eye.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My day can actually be affected by a strong dream. I had a love dream once and it was such an amazing feeling. When I woke up the feeling was there for that 2 seconds before you realise its not real... Then I was in a bad mood for a few hours, but everytime I remembered that dream, those feelings came back.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yeah as I was writing the post I thought that this must be what GOD's love felt like, funny you mentioned the same.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And funny enough, I'm also agnostic.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yes this aswell was a thought of mine, it felt like that was the way it should be, or perhaps my dreams were the reality, and this ''life'' was the dream/nightmare.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

That happends so often in my dreams, if I dream of an ex that I'm not ''over'' then she and the feeling sticks with me all day. it works the same way with other emotions in dreams lingering or somewhat controlling my day.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have those dreams a lot unfortunately

I would hate to stop having them as they make me feel all you said, but it also just makes me sad and realise what I'm missing in real.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That was a lot of information to process on such little sleep - So are you hinting that another "me" (or another version of the O.P.), has felt this kind of love before, and that when we "dreamt", we were just replaying a memory that was built earlier?

I know some of the questions were rhetorical, and had I the time, I would've posted the full account of the dream (it would've answered a couple of them). Part of the reason why I didn't try to track this "person" down is because I forgot the phone number (had I remembered it, I'd have tried, & checked to see who answered). The fact is, had I successfully found this person, I wouldn't be with the same people or friends that I am now, because my choices would have lead down a different path.

If that dream version of love was the real thing - then I wish it would stick around longer.

-fossilera

PS: If I seem unenlightened in this post, you might need to explain what you're saying in simple terms (5 hours of sleep does not equal cognitive thinking in my world
).

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Every choice we make changes our reality a little bit. Even simply not writing down a dream experience upon waking changes you. Simply choosing not to say something or do something in the moment changes you and your future but slightly. Who we are is a collective of memories...

Who we become is a mesh up of everything we do and experience now. Whether in dream worlds or real worlds... your brain may not know the difference between a lucid dream and your reality, but that doesn't mean that every dream has a significant meaning or tie to reality. Most dreams, IMO, are chaotic jumbles of random images based on active brain functionality [particularly true in REM sleep].

Putting symbolic stress on meanings behind dreams are usually pointless unless you are dreaming the same thing every night for over a week. THEN, I'd say take it to a professional for another opinion.

But simply interpreting indefinite symbolism and meanings of dreams is a very personal experience as the same thing in the same dream can mean two different things for two different minds. In fact, I believe the mind and the brain of the same person can have two totally different interpretations of the same event (real or not).

new topics

top topics

join