It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the One World Trade Center Spire a Minaret ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
First off, what is a Minaret?

A minaret (Arabic manārah (lighthouse) منارة, sometimes مئذنة) is a distinctive architectural feature of Islamic mosques, generally a tall spire with an onion-shaped or conical crown, usually either free standing or taller than any associated support structure. The basic form of a minaret includes a base, shaft, and gallery.[2] Styles vary regionally and by period. Minarets provide a visual focal point and are used for the call to prayer (adhan).

en.wikipedia.org...

Sneak peeks of the One World Trader Center Spire:

www.nydailynews.com...

A few Mosque Minarets:

Many more examples...Click Here

Looks like one to me. A call to prayer? Weird coincidence?

After the Ground Zero Mosque controversy, and our current administration's unwillingness to call a spade a spade, and condemn Islamic Extremism, why not?

(not to mention our "politically correct" atmosphere...)

What do you think, ATS?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Whoa...it certainly looks like a minaret.....have you looked to see if any other buildings have similar "minaret" style tops?

In any case, NOTHING surprises me anymore.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is just a bunch of concentric cylinders. Whatever symbolism we choose to attach to geometry exists only in our imaginations. Geometry itself can't hurt anyone.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
lol! it an 'arabian lighthouse',
it should keep those pesky arabs from runnin' into it!

whatever it is it sure is ugly. and it would be suspiciously interesting if it had some religious connotations.
thanks fer bringing this up!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No, and no. Any resemblance at this point is coincidental. The steel rings you see were originally meant to house a white outer shell that would make it look like this.....

Because of cutbacks and the fear of maintenance costs for the covering soaring, they decided to scrap it and just leave the steel spire.

Oh, and once the radio/antennae/transmission devices are attached to the spire over the coming years, it will be unrecognizable from how it looks today.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Also, it is currently topped out, and this is the close to final version here....

Some of the metal rings are only there to support work crews welding the sections together and working on the structure. They will be removed once everything is completed and there will only be a couple of them remianing, and they will not be as big or bulky as they currently appear....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
No, and no. Any resemblance at this point is coincidental. The steel rings you see were originally meant to house a white outer shell that would make it look like this.....

Because of cutbacks and the fear of maintenance costs for the covering soaring, they decided to scrap it and just leave the steel spire.

Oh, and once the radio/antennae/transmission devices are attached to the spire over the coming years, it will be unrecognizable from how it looks today.

That is correct, plus it is the whole shape of the building that is to be looked at. I can safely say it is the shape of an owl!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Thanks for posting, and possibly confirming my thoughts.

What better way to call to prayer than an antenna?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i heard that with the spire the new tower is 1776 feet tall.
among other things 1776 is the year the illuminati was founded.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Interesting...

"One World"...."New World"....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
First off, what is a Minaret?

A minaret (Arabic manārah (lighthouse) منارة, sometimes مئذنة) is a distinctive architectural feature of Islamic mosques, generally a tall spire with an onion-shaped or conical crown, usually either free standing or taller than any associated support structure. The basic form of a minaret includes a base, shaft, and gallery.[2] Styles vary regionally and by period. Minarets provide a visual focal point and are used for the call to prayer (adhan).

Just to add yet another similarity, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary states:

Minaret

: [color=84C7CF]a tall slender tower of a mosque [color=63FFFF]having one or more balconies [color=84C7CF]from which the summons to prayer is cried by the muezzin

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Google is our friend.

I doubt if it's a spire or a Minaret, being as how it was designed and built by Jewish contractors. Check out the key players in this project. See any Arabs??

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This must be the dumbest thread I've seen all week—and that's really saying something.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Just to add yet another similarity, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary states:

Minaret:

[color=84C7CF]a tall slender tower of a mosque [color=63FFFF]having one or more balconies [color=84C7CF]from which the summons to prayer is cried by the muezzin

The WTC spire does not have balconies.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Hmmmm....I'm counting 13 "balconies" on one picture. They have rails and everything. Can you view the pictures on this thread?

As for the "dumbest thread"...thanks, I just keep trying.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Minaret:
a tall slender tower of a mosque having one or more balconies from which the summons to prayer is cried by the muezzin

if some guy climbs up one of these minarets and calls the masses to prayer... then those satellite dishes on that spire are doing the 21st century equivalent...

i always suspected they'd replace the towers with an obelisk of sorts.. now i see this.. /shrug (close enough)

anyone seen "The Arrivals"? (a 50+ part doco series) ..this reminds me of what i saw happening over in dubai.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Anybody else notice the plane in the upper right hand corner?

o..... m..... f..... g.....

( 'O_o)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wish they did build a mosque there, Minarets are cool. Damascus used to have loads of them.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Sankari

Hmmmm....I'm counting 13 "balconies" on one picture. They have rails and everything. Can you view the pictures on this thread?

As for the "dumbest thread"...thanks, I just keep trying.

Look who the architect is.........

www.wnyc.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

still think it's a Minaret?

edit on 25-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Wish they did build a mosque there, Minarets are cool. Damascus used to have loads of them.

I wish they put a Pyramid on top... with a giant Eye-Ball.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus

That is what they want you to believe.

And as for being designed by Jews, yeah as if that has ever stopped anyone from doing as they were told fro money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join