It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! The Whitehouse Lied! IRS Targeting Continued 1 Year Past Investigation Cessation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not only did Obama get an early start to the IRS targeting against election opponents in 2008, but my suspicions have proven correct! The targeting continued all the way up to this month! Now even better? Carney has been proven a liar once again since he said that the targeting ended in May of 2012.

So what it comes down to is that by hiding this to protect Obama's campaign, they allowed Americans to be "punished" clear up to the month that the info was released to the public. I consider this even more serious since they found 100% evidence of targeting but still allowed it to continue for an additional year!

The White House assertion that the IRS misconduct of targeting conservative groups ended in May 2012 does not match the facts. The ACLJ has received 26 IRS questionnaires sent to 18 clients during the past year – letters demanding further intrusive and intimidating questions, with the latest inquiry coming just days before the IRS revealed its targeting scheme.

For example, the IRS office in Ohio focused closely on the structure and workings of the Linchpins of Liberty from Tennessee – demanding answers to intrusive questions – with the most recent letter dated May 6, 2013 – just four days before the IRS admitted that the targeting scheme existed.

Even though a handful of offices were involved, I contend that the entire IRS was involved, clear to the top, since they all knew about it and it continued for a year afterwards.

Despite the assertion by the IRS that this scheme originated with a couple of rogue agents out of the Cincinnati office, the fact is that the ACLJ’s clients have received letters not only from Cincinnati, but also from two offices in California, El Monte and Laguna Niguel as well as the national office in Washington, D.C. In fact, the Washington office sent a letter to one of our clients as recently as one month ago.

White House Claims False: IRS Targeting Ongoing

edit on 25-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow I just read the post here at ATS that mentions Holder getting caught perjuring himself. And now the Whitehouse? Yes I say Whitehouse since Carney is Obamas sock puppet. They are all proving to be lying sacks of crap!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So it has been proven that the Whitehouse has lied, and the IRS targeting continued for a year after the investigation concluded. I feel that this is pretty darn serious and may prove to rock the news after the holiday. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Apparently nothing will happen. Boehner has no spine and refuses to call a special prosecutor.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I do love that more scandals are coming out but according to our gov't track record I predict no one, of substance, will be held accountable. They won't be arrested, fired, suspended, or written up. Some patsy will take the fall, barely, while they, the gov't, hope America just forgets about it and or lets it go.

These criminals don't punish themselves, for they are literally above the law.

Criminals are running our country.

Criminals.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
I do love that more scandals are coming out but according to our gov't track record I predict no one, of substance, will be held accountable. They won't be arrested, fired, suspended, or written up. Some patsy will take the fall, barely, while they, the gov't, hope America just forgets about it and or lets it go.

These criminals don't punish themselves, for they are literally above the law.

Criminals are running our country.

Criminals.

Obviously you are 100% correct! The treatment of this crime is akin to finding some criminals guilty, keeping the verdict secret, then turning them back on the street for a year until they decide to tell the public about the incident. But even after all that time, still not releasing the names of the actual criminals.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well folks, it looks like it is lawsuit time. That was mighty fast. Right now I am going to hunt and see if I can find copies of those IRS letters that arrived past the cessation of the investigation. I think those would be a great read!

It Didn’t End

‘The misconduct had stopped in May of 2012,” White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters on Monday about the IRS’s improper targeting of conservative groups. Not so, say two D.C. attorneys, each representing a number of conservative groups that — after years of waiting and countless rounds of invasive questions — have yet to receive recognition from the IRS.

Says Sekulow, “Without question, the IRS misconduct of harassing and abusing our clients was still in high gear from May 2012 through May of this year. . . . To suggest this tactic ended a year ago is not only offensive, but it is simply inaccurate as well.”

The American Center for Law and Justice, headed by chief counsel Jay Sekulow, plans to file suit in federal court in the coming weeks on behalf of more than two dozen conservative groups that claim their harassment at the hands of the nation’s tax authority continued long past the White House’s purported end date — and, for a number of them, continues still. Of the 27 organizations the ACLJ has represented to date, ten still have not received approval, two years after applying. Two others gave up.

And Mitchell, like Sekulow, has evidence that many of the “dozens, if not hundreds” of conservative groups still waiting for approval received additional reams of invasive questions in the fall of 2012 and later.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well I will be a monkeys uncle, I hit pay dirt! Grata of elouina and the ACLJ, I offer you evidence that the IRS targeted conservatives past May of 2012.

In this PDF file that I have linked you to, at the end of the file you will find the most recent correspondence which dates to May 6,2013. This was only 4 days prior to the IRS admitting its targeting scheme. Please review page 8 of the PDF file to see the contents of the May 6, 2013 letter. Pages 10 and 11 of the letter contain the list of everything the IRS is requesting with in 2 weeks. As you will note Linchpins of Liberty's first communication with the IRS was in May of 2011. A whopping two years ago!

ACLJ Letters From The IRS For Linchpins of Liberty PDF File

the IRS demands information about minutes of all board meetings, a list of issues that are important to the organization, a list of press releases, interviews with the news media, blog posts, including all activity on Facebook and Twitter.

The IRS also raises questions about the group's goal, which is to restore and preserve ordered liberty in local communities. The IRS demands information about the content of courses, workshops and seminars organized by the group, even calling for specifics about what kind of information will be taught to young people. That organization’s tax-exempt status is still pending with its application on hold for nearly two-and-a-half years.

ACLJ: White House Wrong on the Facts - IRS Abuse Still Ongoing Despite Assertion Misconduct Ended One Year Ago

OMG this is big! You have to read pages 10 and 11! There is an entire half page section 5 that relates to book purchases and distribution! They even want to know the authors of the books they read! OMG!!!

edit on 26-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Am I the only person here interested in actual evidence? Look right above this post! I think the fact that a non profit was targeted in May of 2013 is jaw dropping! I already knew this, but now you get to see it with your own eyes!

Anyways, I found another document that may interest you. It is a 42 page PDF document. It is some back history and letters back and forth to the IRS from an attorney concerning the targeting issue. I have it here more for my own benefit in the future. But it is a good read if you wish to skim over it.

A History Overview and Status Report - ActRight Legal Foundation

Found this on page 4.

3. Response to statements by the IRS / Acting Commissioner Steven Miller during the week of May 13, 2013. * "The problems were resolved last year".

THIS PROBLEM IS CONTINUING.
It has not been "resolved" as stated by Acting Commission Miller. It is not in the past tense. Many organizations are still awaiting responses from the IRS. What systemic changes have been put in place to ensure that the odious questions have been terminated and the applications are being processed in accordance with the historic legal standard of review rather than the unlawful intrusion into the internal workings of these conservative citizens organizations?

* "Generally, 501(c) applications are centralized for review if there are indications in the
application that the organization may engage in political campaign intervention, lobbying
or advocacy. This was done to sure that the legal requirements related to these applications
are applied in a fair and consistent manner."

This was never done prior to 2010. The Acting Commissioner is not being truthful. These temis
"political campaign intervention, lobbying or advocacy" are legal terms of art and subject to
years of regulations, standards of review, cases and interpretation.

Ohhh... This PDF file is much better than I imagined! Check out page 5! It appears that "special cases" were turned over to a special task force in Washington! You will find attachment #6 on page 36.

* The agency pinpointed two "rogue" employees in the Cincinnati IRS office as being responsible for "overly aggressive" handling of tea party requests for tax-exempt status over the past two years. This is completely false. In 2011, at least one of the Cincinnati IRS agents assigned to handle two clients' applications advised me that the Washington, DC office was actively involved in the decisions and processing of my clients' applications for exempt status. This was memorialized in a letter to the agent, Ron Bell, on November 8, 2011. When I called him in December 2011 for an update, he advised me that the applications had been transferred to a special task force in Washington, DC for further review. The effort by senior IRS officials to lay this scheme at the hands of a few low level' IRS employees is despicable and must not be tolerated. Attachment # 6 — November 8, 2011 Letter to IRS Agent Ron Bell in Cincinnati.

By reading these papers, It appears that the MASSIVE lawsuit taking place also covers the release of confidentail tax forms. Bravo!

edit on 27-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You know, I just have all the goods here, if anyone actually wants to see them. In this particular post, I have a letter signed by Lois Lerner herself. Pages 4 and 5 contain the detailed targeting information she is requesting. She can take the fifth all she likes because she is BUSTED!!!!!

Lois Lerner Is Busted By This SIGNED Letter That She Sent

We now know that Lois Lerner, the Director of Exempt Organizations for the Internal Revenue Service - who refused to testify before a House committee by invoking the Fifth Amendment - has a paper trail that reveals her direct involvement in sending intrusive and harassing questionnaires to Tea Party groups in 2012.

Consider the timeline. We now know through her own testimony and from the Inspector General's report that Lerner was briefed about this unlawful targeting scheme in June 2011. But nine months later, beginning in March 2012, she sent cover letters to many of our clients - demanding additional information and forwarding intrusive questionnaires. In fact, in March and April of 2012, Lerner sent 15 letters to 15 different clients (including those who were approved after lengthy delays and those who are still pending).

Letters of Intimidation to Tea Party Groups from Lois Lerner - IRS Director of Exempt Organizations

edit on 27-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join