It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: First Grader Brings Crack to Class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Show an tell took on a whole new meaning in an Orlando, Florida, school when a first grader arrived with more that one thousand dollars worth of crack coc aine. Per strict school policy, the 6 year old girl was suspended and her mother is under investigation.

www.foxnews.com
ORLANDO, Fla. � An Orange County first grader who brought to school more than $1,000 worth of crack coc aine has been suspended and her mother is under investigation.

Sheriff's deputies say the 6-year-old girl said she found the bag of more than a dozen pieces of crack at home. But her mother said she must have gotten it trick-or-treating.

School officials sent a letter home with students yesterday, explaining how an anti-drug campaign led another student to recognize the crack and reassuring parents their children are safe.

The girl was removed from the classroom in accordance with district policy. Her principal said the girl's mother used a false address to get her into the school, so the child won't be coming back.

The Department of Children and Families is interviewing the mother.

The sheriff's office says they may never be able to prove from where the crack came.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The mother has stated that the girl must have gotten the crack while trick or treating on October 31. Regardless of the investigation, the child was registered under a false address and will not be admitted back to the school

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Show an tell took on a whole new meaning in an Orlando, Florida, school when a first grader arrived with more that one thousand dollars worth of crack coc aine.

Your comment is about the only thing funny about this bit of news. It's sad that this poor child probably "never had a chance" in the words of Chris Rock. Parenting of this quality should have stiffer punishment than the current system provides.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Per strict school policy, the 6 year old girl was suspended and her mother is under investigation.

Sad story, a 6 year old suspended while the CIA are running the coca-business

edit bad english as usual

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
how stupid is it to suspend the kid !, im from england so not sure on the american school grade system but 1st grade to me sounds like little young kids,,, she didnt know what it was how can she be punished for this ?

... edit.
wops it says she was 6 there ... so yea cumon she couldnt have knowen what it was or what bringing it to school meant... also what about the possibility she did it cos she knew it was somthing bad and didnt want mommy to have it ? .... way out there idea but hey maybee heard of stuff like that happening before

[edit on 6-11-2004 by snagglepus]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by snagglepus
how stupid is it to suspend the kid !, im from england so not sure on the american school grade system but 1st grade to me sounds like little young kids,,, she didnt know what it was how can she be punished for this ?

Most schools have a zero tolerance for illegal acts. The main reason I am getting from the article is that her mother had lied about her address to get he in that school. Thats why she is not going to be going back to that one.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
didnt see ya post fredt untill i posted edit
yea i see your point and i supose they are the rules.... but still :/

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
, since when did people that young do drugs like crack? I don't see why anyone does it at all, it's an irritating habit and it is disgusting in my opinion. It's such a shame to waste a life at such a young age.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is not the first case in which a child has brought drugs to school for show and tell. Over the years, I have heard of several instances. It is almost a certainty that someone put $1000. worth of crack in a child's trick or treat bag and out of all the 'booty" the child would choose only the bag of non-descript crystalline substance to share with her teachers and fellow students.

I would suspect that mom will be looking at some drug trafficking charges in the near future.

new topics

top topics

join