It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier stabbed on the street in France...is this how it goes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is hitting the wires over the last few minutes, apparently.

PARIS, May 25 (Reuters) - A French soldier patrolling a business area of western Paris was stabbed in the neck on Saturday by a man who quickly fled the scene and was still being sought, a police source said.

The soldier, patrolling as part of France's Vigipirate anti-terrorist surveillance plan, was injured in the stabbing around 1800 p.m. but would survive, the source said.
Source

The little bit left at the source mentioned the man is of North African descent. It's a scary time when attacks like this are coming on streets in broad daylight and/or public.

Is this how our great societies meet their downfalls? Not by major war or nuclear bomb ....but by the routines of daily life where some of these folks came from and the value put on human life, transported to the new countries as they arrived?

Whatever someone's beef with cops, the military or authority? Just walking up and cutting someone's head off or stabbing them in the neck is RUDE. Some manners... Really... They're supposed to at least see it coming and have a fair chance to react.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
..looks like this is going to be how they strike back
or someone wants us to think that way

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

You're right and it could be either one between sincere acting out of aggression vs. calculated actions meant to trigger public outrage and reaction.

I hope everyone keeps their heads....and I honestly mean NO pun in poor humor there. I'm concerned that the extreme emotional nature of what is being done here could so easily create rash actions people would never consider and see the bad outcomes to in normal times. In the heat and passion of the moment? Maybe they go right on by the Danger Signs and blow on over the "Bridge Out" barrier to the long plunge down.

We've wondered how "TPTB" could ever go from daily life as we all know it to a police state. It's a WILD leap from one to the other and takes more than just will and wishful thinking to see happen. It takes a public riled up so badly, even some among them see logic to police state response. Then? It's lost, no matter who wins the street fight.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi,
Have a looksy here and here...

I'm looking for a story published causing this stuff.
I have a feeling it has something to do with Uganda and it's women.

Hunches.. And nothing to go on.

Ofcourse, soldiers have to be implicated in order to become a target?

edit on (5/25/1313 by loveguy because: mysteries reveal themselves in puzzling ways? I'm gonna have to withdraw

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Whatever someone's beef with cops, the military or authority? Just walking up and cutting someone's head off or stabbing them in the neck is RUDE. Some manners... Really... They're supposed to at least see it coming and have a fair chance to react.

I'm sure the military cares so much about giving people a fair chance to react when they drop bombs on them in the night, right?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

It's a very sad thing and a complex one, IMO. The more I'm reading about specifics and along side what happened in England and is still ongoing in Sweden, I'd say it's more than one thing we're seeing too. Sure, there is the Jihadi side of things and Al Qaeda or whatever little group names a cell chooses to take. That isn't what this seems like though.

A portion of my Geography course this last semester was based around Africa from pre-conquest years to modern times and the full width and breadth of it. The modern story was what some of your linking there talks about but we saw more detail in the hours of class time.

Organized crime...some traditional Italian type and some entirely new from the immigrant communities themselves, are running a non-stop line of human cargo north from Africa and into Europe. Dreams of success and making it...to be met with realities of prostitution and servicing sweat shops and worse.

I can somewhat see the immigrant side of things there too. In the US, the Mexican and 'Other Than Mexican' immigration is largely with those coming, knowing full well what they are coming to and for. Over there? They get brought and then told to put out or get out in a Euro-nation with no real space or prospects ...and no way back to Africa in a good % of the cases.

Bad scene...In some ways, the lack of busting this up at the start helped make much of it happen.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I'm sure the military cares so much about giving people a fair chance to react when they drop bombs on them in the night, right?

Sorry Ghost, that is taking the practice of pointing to bad behavior in justifying other bad behavior and raising it to the level of rationalization to cold blooded murder in broad daylight, on public avenues. One doesn't get there from here. I don't can't make that kind of mental leap.

What we're seeing is outright mental illness and perhaps the truest sense of criminal insanity for a proper description ..... desperation to the point of near suicidal acting out ....or concerted effort to fundamentally change the ethnic/political balance of Europe. It's probably pieces and parts of all 3, truth be known in the end. Depends on the case we're talking about, IMO.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They said he appeared to be of North African origin, and wore what appeared to be Arab clothes under his jacket. Sounds Muslim to me. However, I'd like to stress that copycats were expected after this incident. Don't pay them the attention that they are seeking, and ignore them. Once they notice that these kinds of acts get people angry, they'll just keep doing them again and again. The police will eventually catch the evil prick, so just let them do their jobs.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In my honest opinion, they are just testing the waters.

If they are satisfied with the results, then things may start getting a lot more interesting as the year goes on.

They may start pushing to try and take over official control over parts of the country they reside in, and do it with force.

edit on 25-5-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Disgraceful. Cowardly. I'm assuming this was done by a radical, seeing as how they exalt this type of behavior. I'll stop myself here as too not derail your thread into a religious argument which would ultimately become an Israel argument

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
See how they do this in other countries, but dont DARE to do it in America, they know they would be caught, most Americans wont idly stand by and allow a soldier to be attacked in this manner
One more thing: They're doing this in countries that have firearms bans, cowards

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, theres witnesses i hope.....it would be a twist if the African bearded male was reacting to harrassment wouldnt it?
The impression i get is much the same as above...this is a new tactic.....
If it goes well, well see much more of it...maybe even suicide bombers soon.....
The blowback to it may be counter productve in the sense that there WILL be a helluva pile more CCW permits issued to regular people if this come to da "Homeland" (read Vaterland)
So terrorise the people but if you bring it on too close to home, they demand to arm themselves against the threat.
If indeed this is False Flag material.....
If the terrs are winding this up for real, it may be their last play.....
They may get themselves torn to shreds.

"Blowback blows back both ways"
I said that....hahahah
edit on 25-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It's a crusade thing. This attacker in France will be a Muslim extremist who by chance has stabbed an anti-terrorism soldier......
I think it's a build up to a war with Islam, if the Vatican is changing it's stance it's probably to fit in with an agenda. Destroying Islam would leave a vacuum a new world religion could fill. The Vatican would be a key player if this happened, one religion takes another, then itself is proven wrong and super-ceded by a NWO. Bit of a ramble there, sorry.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I'd disagree and it might really offend Jihadi types but they ARE offensive by their mere existence, so I don't much care.

This is sick justification for wanton murder, is all it is. I've been watching this British thing and then the French attack, all the while with rioting in another area of the Continent. It's not just baffling, it's outright stupid. This isn't fighting...it's just bloodletting for the pure sake of it and nothing gained.

As much as I'm sure the feelings and passions are mixed about the Irish Republican Army and as much as their Provo wing made some Middle Eastern types look like pansies.....as a whole? That was what fighting from a common man level, against a world power and within 100% urban/civilian settings tends to look like. Things were messy and I recall some of it while reading about much more. It was also with a purpose and general shared goal. Not killing people in the street like a B grade horror film.

Whatever side someone takes for the IRA and Irish troubles, it was a true fight ...not a simple, aimless bloodbath of criminal action and striking out at whatever is nearby, as it seems to be with the North African and Muslim unrest building over there.

If they ever got their act organized, it is also worth noting, the Governments over there would be in terrible trouble overnight. Imagine a cause many many times larger in manpower than the IRA with funding many many times what the Irish ever could have imagined. I DO hope Europe gets a handle on all this, sooner than later.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is what happens when you wage war against an idea. The idea grows. Eventually the idea wins.

The goal of this global war needs to change. Instead of influencing hearts and minds with bombs, we need to influence hearts and minds with peace.

But as Sheldon Cooper said, we are already through the looking glass anyways. Getting this "war" on a proper course at this point would prove to be a hell of a task.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
This is what happens when you wage war against an idea. The idea grows. Eventually the idea wins.

The goal of this global war needs to change. Instead of influencing hearts and minds with bombs, we need to influence hearts and minds with peace.

Yes it will grow when you never attack the source of the idea. The idea and the people that take action in the name of that idea are just a symptom of the root cause. The root cause is the religion.

You can not influence that religion with peace because it does not want peace. It does not want to coexist.

Until you attack the root cause then the problem will just grow.

The problem is we have done everything possible to try to avoid directly attacking the root cause, for fear that we be labeled as bigots or the like.

Until we get that fear out of our heads, we will be doomed to failure. They will wipe western civilization off the map because we will be too scared to fight back, because we are scared of being called a bigot.

.........edit..........
Multiculturalism is a self destroying construct because it forces the society to allow hostile groups into its borders without resistance. Hostile groups that will overtake and eliminate that “peace loving” society when it grows to a position of dominance..
edit on 26-5-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join