It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Doubles down on stupid!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Claws come out as PETA goes after anonymous online commenters for shelter kill claims

The animal rights group PETA is hunting down personal information for anonymous commenters who allegedly defamed the organization by lambasting its pet euthanasia policy on the Huffington Post, according to a new Manhattan civil lawsuit.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the court to release names, email addresses, phone numbers, and other private details about three bloggers who reacted to an April 2 posting by a no-kill shelter advocate that's received almost 5,000 comments and 240,000 "likes" on Facebook.
Source

I've known PETA to be extreme and generally among those who could offend just about anyone, even on a cause they agreed with before walking up. However, stupid isn't usually among the traits I associate with them. Apparently, times may be changing.

What's worse than making claims that are, on the face of it, creative at best? There is absolutely, positively and without question NO SUCH THING as a "No-Kill" Shelter. There are shelters who outsource the killing to others by shipping living animals off to them, making everyone feel better. There are plenty of shelters that simply cherry pick at intake and 'whatever happens', happens to the ones they won't take...to keep those precious stats on kill ratios.

Still, it's the nature of the beast, no pun intended, and nothing I see wrong with the "kill" shelters. Nature is an ugly place and this is an ugly reality of radical over-breeding.

For PETA to go after bloggers? Well, it's about the same brainpower it took for the RIAA to go after music fans, as the little people, and tout themselves as somehow striking a blow for anything but proof of commercial self abuse.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow. It seems like EVERYONE is trying to use social media to start stuff. Kid suspended because of a twitter post. PETA going after people for commenting on FB.....it's like 'we the people' have no protection from these organizations/businesses....S&F, great topic OP.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, PETA is stupid, that is well established.

This story should have the effect of warning people about what they post on social media. There are all kinds of whack-a doodle groups (and our super helpful government) waiting to use these things against us.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
PETA is a special kind of special.

First, they care more about their radical involvement with animals, while using women in the process.
feministing.com...
adland.tv...

Then, they do a countless number of things that I don't bother to do google searches for...

NOW they're going after bloggers? For doing less violent and less harmful things than what PETA does?

I'm vegan, and I don't support PETA.
I know many vegans who strongly oppose PETA.

This is insane.

Hm. Better shut down my facebook before my "wild radical thinking" causes harm to myself.

top topics

join