It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No food stamps for people convicted of violent crimes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why are they picking on violent crime? Why not other crimes? Is there anything in the bill about that?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Had Ron Paul made it to the White house all these welfare programs would have ended anyway and replaced with incentives and or penalties and taxes against the corporate greed that outsourced to save a buck.

His plan was to bring jobs and work programs back to America, to stop policing the world and in turn creating more danger here at home.

These criminals or the hundreds of thousands of others on the welfare rolls need jobs not free food and hand outs.

It is not going to get easier but I suspect about the time 99% of Americans are on FS, the system of welfare will crash if it is not already in the works.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Although what is considered a violent crime differs from country to country and even state to state, it is for the most part agreed upon that it is an act of harm against another for various reasons.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Report (FBI UCR) counts four categories of crime as violent crimes: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.[13] It should be noted that there are two methods of recording crime in the US. These do not look at exactly the same crimes. The UCR measures crimes reported to police, and classes violent crime as above. The NCVS measures crimes reported by households surveyed by the United States Census Bureau, and looks at assault, rape, and robbery. The UCR figures are those quoted for, "violent crime" rates.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is not going to get easier but I suspect about the time 99% of Americans are on FS, the system of welfare will crash if it is not already in the works.

It won't even reach 99%. Not even 25%. The writing is on the wall. Cuts have to be made across the board and when they are finally enacted, which they will baring a miracle, there will be riots. Which will end up making things even worse.

We are already seeing it in Europe.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am sure that when the day comes it is going to cause a huge need for churches to open up for charity. That is how the poor will be fed after FS system fails. If I understand you correctly, it may be coming soon?

Remember all the stats on wasted food in America? How law suits make it impossible to donate day old or out dated as it once was. Those laws and regulations will have to change.

Do you recall that thread a few years back that talked about the farmer who had to let potatoes rot in the field because he couldnt pick up the food distribution contracts? He called out to the poor in the community to come and get it, to take all they need and it was shut down by agri?
edit on 25-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by UNIT76
well, food and nutrition, water.. basic human rights.. take these away from someone and how do you expect them to turn out?

i think this is just another example of how the new society is going to squeeze all the 'undesirables' out

..never mind all those psychopaths in washington with the drone programs, etc..

Poor criminals. They just may have to go to work if they want to eat.

yeah, what was i just saying about 'washington'

edit on 25-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: hindsight is 20/20

It is sad to see that so many have been conditioned into believing that these poor people are sub human and incapable of providing for themselves. There are plenty of humans that have not been given handouts, and guess what... they manage to survive. Do you know why you aren't allowed to feed the animals in national parks? The animals quit fending for themselves and become aggressive towards humans when they do not get what they want. See any connection between that and the persons living off of the work of others?

Please stop blaspheming nature/animals,

There is a few Big differences,

One yes animals who are fed, often animals who stray into human developments because Humans think they a ENTITLED to take over everything, when they are fed they become dependent...as well as unhealthy because of the diet, etc.,

However, the difference between an Animal and our Human Brothers and Sisters is that, Nature doesn't bind up food behind fences, parceling it out ONLY to the rich or to whites, (or vice versa in other lands, etc) or to a select breed of animal,

Animals are free to take, what They need as animals all require different diets including herbs/plants and why they feed in Zones, etc., but even then, they are not "forbidden" by other animals and not deliberately starved out like some Ethnic and Class cleansing garbage...

Only Humans do that. Human systems that is, so uh, big difference there. Nature yes does have a weed out system TO KEEP THE BALANCE, NOT

To put a few robber barons on the throne at the expense of all the little critters.!!!

Bottom line, this legis is Nothing more than a form of Class and Ethnic cleansing/GENOCIDE.

Yep, that's right, GENOCIDE by proxy.

Because FACT IS, one,

Not all violent felons are guilty, numerous Plea to do less time because public pretenders are a joke. Two, majority of convicted Felons are NIN white, fact,

Three, many are YOUTH when convicted or plea outs, for assault, many if these cases are self defense and yes gang related, now NOT saying in Anyway that I agree with their choices or that they shouldn't be REHABILITATED and RESTITUTION going to the VICTIMS, NOT THE STATE!

Again, this is more of the prejudice and media demonization if ALL felons without Knowing the various Crimes that classify as Felon or the extent of, etc., and the lumping ALL felons into One basket.

It's wrong, period. fact is, many hard core violent criminals who are complete psychopaths wouldn't be applying for food stamps anyway, highly unlikely, IF they even get out. BY the time many hard core felons DO get out,

They too old, and have paid their dues.

What gets me, is the ignorance of crime and the whole penal institutions, etc., there seems to be this belief that all prisoners are these insane rabid dogs, NOT TRUE.

I use to Think that, until I found myself Criminalized, for being Disabled, oh yes. I was SHOCKED to see how Easy it is for a person to be slammed with a felony, it doesn't take that much. Get into a fight, someone attacks you and you fight back...Bam you in for felon violent assault, it DOES HAPPEN. More so however,

What gets me, is the Felony murders, that ambitious unethical DAs hang youth with...these things should not be. And what Really pisses me off to no end,

Is the Percentage of these felons who have been IN THE SYSTEM as Juveniles, often Foster care, Children's homes paid for by good ole Christians yes sir, who have been raped, abused, hog tied, exploited, and we Wonder why these kids turn out hardened felons and Viole t and then it's

Oh, let the eat cake?

That's just pure cold blooded serpent evil...and yet, yahoo if we send men and women overseas and Murder away! I mean, the moral reasoning of some just leaves a lot to be desired. And I haven't Even begun to include

The millions made from Glorifying Violence to our young. WE in this nation have a increasing youth behind bars, NOW we want to Starve them??? And yet take NO RESPONSIBILITY for OUR PART in Enabling a society of Violence???

This, is Sodom and Gomorrah. People think that analogy is about homosexuality, Wrong. It was about Viole ce and the cruelty if an entire society to its very own members...same with the days of Noah. I can see where the disgust is, with a lot of the adults abusing system, but we have KIDS, just as effected. This law Stinks, totally

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You can go to any homeless shelter and hear stories that'll get your goat. The local Coats for Kids here where I live now turn down used coats. They have to be new.

It is quite annoying. People see a problem and the legislate new laws all the while failing to enforce the old ones. And that happens on both sides of the aisle. And all it does is make life harder and harder on the average person.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
So they are going to cut off basic food assistance, among already desperate people, to the MOST violent among the desperate. ....and who thought this was a good idea??

They want to see how fast people will turn to cannibalism.

It's an experiment.

Should be interesting.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh so you're going to take food from the mouths of the most dejected and most desperate elements of our society? Why not improve the tax cuts for businesses who hire workers from other countries, no, don't stop there, give some more incentives to the private prison business too while your at it...

I just had an idea! Think I'll start a new high end fence company and call it entitlement fencing solutions. Our new motto will be "keeping the bad elements exactly where you want them!" We'll split cities from East and West, North and South and hire armed guards to patrol the fences...

The simple fat that both Reps and Dems voted this in unanimously should tell you something right there. The goals are the same my friends, at least when it comes to the things that really matter. ~ a clear and divided "structured" society.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Although I agree with this, and furthermore think that all welfare recipients should be drug tested with a no tolerance policy for life, it will probably end up not passing.

And what of their children? Should the kids starve because their sorry ass mom or dad failed a drug test?

edit on 25-5-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Although I agree with this, and furthermore think that all welfare recipients should be drug tested with a no tolerance policy for life, it will probably end up not passing.

And what of their children? Should they starve because their sorry ass mom or dad failed a drug test?

Of course not. But their sorry assed Mom or Dad should be required to prove that they are capable of raising children. If they are not...hell, I don't even have a good answer to that one concerning the way the system is these days.

I hate to say it, but maybe forced sterilization may be the key after so many violations. And I don't even feel good typing that.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Oh, don't get me started with that BS. There is no reason to bring someones piss into the equation. These people are the forgotten elements of our cities and culture. We have designed the place without them in mind, and then we go and start saying that the marginal support that we afford them is now a privilege that gets revoked if they turn to the only thing that might pay the bills or afford them a small bit of comfort~ drugs

People on the 'drug test train' should find themselves in the same situations that those on the the south side have to face every day.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Why not just learn how to educate them and give them jobs. Bring their schools up into the same quality of education as the higher side of town. It's a proven fact that better educated people have less children and take better care of them. Any city with any kind of poverty problem is getting it's priorities ass backwards and should have to take care of it's own sultry elements until the day that it can bring balance back to it's population.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blivey

Do you realize the asset cap for food stamps was set in 1984 at $2000 ...... it has never been increased at a fed level... what this actually means is that the real cap adjusted for inflation would be $5500 .... or better put the cap would be about $750 in 1984 dollars ....

think about how the government has lowered the floor on poverty by never increasing the asset cap. I would bet there would be millions more people eligible if the cap would be adjusted for inflation....

Does your money buy the same amount of value as it did in 1984? people are being robbed in broad daylight through inflation of prices therefore the dollar buys less .....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

then the nonprofit tries to expand on grant money... in Roanoke VA the food bank bought a $700K warehouse but had to cut services because of lack of money ....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

I just wrote a thread concerning what you brought up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a bit cruel, but often the truth hurts.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Couldn't agree more. On top of that, I'd like to know if the time spent on this Bill was a waste of time. How many people convicted of such crimes sought food stamps? Here we have a national deficit of $16,741,876,472,844.22, and it is growing by $2.85 billion per day. So getting violent offenders off food stamps cuts government spending by what? $2,000 a day? Woohoo.

How about they devote some time to working out how to get our military out of the Middle East. Now THAT would cut serious spending.

Seeing how it was unanimous, it looks like it was intentional, and they know dam well the consequences of this.
Desperate people do desperate things, which will allow them to channel more of our tax dollars towards the police state in order to keep expanding it. We'll be paying more than than we are now.

Problem - Reaction - Solution

And getting out of the Middle East? Not a chance, there is to much at stake (Power, Wealth and Control of other countries) for the psychopaths running this country.

Our voice and protests are irrelevant, now pony up more taxes for them to steal from us!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blivey
reply to post by groingrinder

And if the father refuses? He may already be paying child support which may not be enough to help with groceries for a whole month. Why should children go hungry if their parents have hit hard times, and daddy can't pay up. There is a sound reason for the SNAP program. If you aren't worried about where your next meal is coming from, you can focus on getting yourself into a better financial situation,and a child should be able to focus at school, not be distracted all day by an empty tummy. The program just needs to address situations where the benefits are not being used for their intended purpose.
edit on 5/25/2013 by blivey because: foggy morning brain

If a guy has multiple kids by multiple mothers, it is not we the taxpayers who should be penalized because he could not keep his dick in his pants. Let him pay the price for his stupidity and arrogance.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I can hear ole George in my head right now....
So they deny food stamps to all the violent criminals who happen to be out of prison right now.....
But they give them to all the nice meek people......Hmmmmmmmmmm
Simple solution, the violent people will kick the # out of the meek ones and get their food stamps...
Now hows that going to work out?
You take violent people then starve them on top of ostracizing them from society, cant vote, cant get decent work....on and on
What do you think all those violent bad tempered people are gonna do?Now that they are ravenous too?
They are NOT going to be happy members of your little swaree are they?
edit on 25-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
reply to post by Bone75

Oh, don't get me started with that BS. There is no reason to bring someones piss into the equation. These people are the forgotten elements of our cities and culture. We have designed the place without them in mind, and then we go and start saying that the marginal support that we afford them is now a privilege that gets revoked if they turn to the only thing that might pay the bills or afford them a small bit of comfort~ drugs

People on the 'drug test train' should find themselves in the same situations that those on the the south side have to face every day.

I'm confused, are you attacking my question? Or are you offended because I think drug addicts with kids are sorry asses?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join