It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having Terrifying Nightmares More Frequently Than Ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
When I say terrifying I mean TERRIFYINGLY DISTURBING. Its not even the fact that its a nightmare that disturbs me. Ill just tell you about my most recent dream. I was getting kidnapped (this is usually how the dream starts out) and I was in the car with my kidnapper and we started talking and I had a knife and I just started sawing off his body parts. It started with his fingers then I just kept going and sawed off both of his hands with a kitchen knife. It was horrifying, but in my dream I felt myself smiling. And I could FEEL the knife sawing on his bones. And I could hear his screams, but I didn't care. It was like I didn't have a soul while I was doing this. Another thing is that my dreams are in full color so every aspect feels real to me in the dream. The colors aren't even distorted.

Anyway another disturbing thing is how the dream ended. At the end I realized that I had somehow cut of my little 7 year old brothers arms and me and my mom were walking to his room and there was blood coming from underneath the door and he came out without his arms and was covered in his own blood.

That is what jolted me awake, and when I did wake up I started crying. This dream affected me so much that I seriously almost went to my parents room and woke them up because of this bad dream, and Im 18 years old lol. I didn't even do that when I was little. I seriously feel like I need to see a psychologist or something. Its just disturbing me that these dreams are now imbedded in my memories as if they actually happened. Its like they are becoming too real.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
dreams can be a way of getting our attention

..have you got some kind of unresolved issue with your little brother that you're aware of?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

I was in the car with my kidnapper and we started talking and I had a knife and I just started sawing off his body parts. It started with his fingers then I just kept going and sawed off both of his hands with a kitchen knife. It was horrifying, but in my dream I felt myself smiling. And I could FEEL the knife sawing on his bones. And I could hear his screams, but I didn't care. It was like I didn't have a soul while I was doing this.

I'd guess there is a part of your life you'd be happy to cut free, because you feel your life has been hijacked but can't bring yourself to do it.

Think about that my friend

As for your brother maybe you think he's reaching out and taking love or attention from you. He Isn't. Like the rest of us, even guys like me at 46 years old he's growing up, and reaching for understanding.

Funny old life aint it ?

Cody

edit on 25/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm no expert but it sounds like you feel oppressed by someone or something, even yourself.

Your dream could be telling you that you need to get rid of whatever it is that is holding you down. Then again, if you watch or play a lot of violent films or games it could just be sticking in your psyche and playing out differently as you sleep.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dreams always signify something going on in your head and extremely violent dreams are even more important to deal with, especially if the same one or the same theme keeps repeating.

Since yours are extremely violent I would definitely put your pride away and go see a psychologist or psychiatrist.

They are trained to understand what dreams may mean and I doubt many of us here have the qualification to correctly diagnose what your going through.

I would strongly suggest you not rely on google to find your answers. There is nothing wrong with getting professional help for serious problems.

It may turn out that your just playing too many video games but you never know.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Listen to Hopechest. She's nailed this one.

Talk to a trained therapist, it sounds like something is bothering you but it's deep-seated. You need help to figure it out. When you do realize the issue, and deal with it, there's no better feeling in the world.

Hugs to you, and good luck!
smylee

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yeah idk I think it has to be something going on in my mind because I honestly don't play video games because they stress me out. I DO watch a lot of scary movies, but I never actually see the gruesome parts because I always close my eyes when the scary parts come up. Im too squeamish to even watch the gross parts of texas chainsaw massacre which is why it would be weird for me to ever do something like that in my dream. Especially since in my dreams, each action I do is a chosen action. Its not like a movie playing in my head, I am actually choosing to cut this guy up.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hi,
This was my initial knee-jerk reaction.

After I spend a few hours weed whacking and then start to enjoy tv shows; I find in my mind that I'm trimming peoples hair for them with my weed whacker!

Are you skilled at multitasking? Or is your focus too sharp?

I think in the back of your mind you may be focusing on an item that was on the news recently?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I mean I guess that's possible but if I am, then I cant even pinpoint something in the news that I am even that concerned about. I don't really watch the news very much. The only Im sort of keeping up with ( and by "keeping up" I mean when my mom is watching the news about it, I might sit down for a few minutes and watch it) is the Jodi arias case, but I don't even really know the details about what she did.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Are you already under the care of a mental health professional or were you recently? Are you currently taking any medications or have you recently discontinued any?

HopeChest and Smylee, thank you for being very honest with the OP.

If you were my child, I would be deeply troubled by this. We'd get you checked out by some people who want to help.

There's no shame in asking for help when you need it. You obviously have a family that loves you or else you would not be living in their home.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
reply to post by loveguy

I mean I guess that's possible but if I am, then I cant even pinpoint something in the news that I am even that concerned about. I don't really watch the news very much. The only Im sort of keeping up with ( and by "keeping up" I mean when my mom is watching the news about it, I might sit down for a few minutes and watch it) is the Jodi arias case, but I don't even really know the details about what she did.

Without being able to pinpoint what could be triggering these nightmares, it is best, IMHO to seek competent advice.

I had you pegged as this; but, on the other end of the spectrum having to do with morbid things.

I couldn't find any links to make any connection. I'm sorry.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1rd1nFL1ghT
Are you already under the care of a mental health professional or were you recently? Are you currently taking any medications or have you recently discontinued any?

HopeChest and Smylee, thank you for being very honest with the OP.

If you were my child, I would be deeply troubled by this. We'd get you checked out by some people who want to help.

There's no shame in asking for help when you need it. You obviously have a family that loves you or else you would not be living in their home.

Nope Ive literally never had any health issues before, and I have never been on a medication that I have to take regularly. And I know I should, but what would I tell the doctor? I have dreams of cutting peoples arms off? I mean it would be one thing if I felt like this all the time, but when I am awake I would never EVER want to hurt anyone. Seriously, I cant even bring myself to act rude to someone.

oh and I couldn't help but notice your signature, but *cough* *cough* War Eagle

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Trust me, they've heard crazier (much crazier) things than that before. They aren't going to strap a straight jacket on you, throw you into a padded cell and hook you up to a Thorazine drip. They'll wait at least until your third visit for all of that. And besides... You'll need good health insurance for all of that anyway... Kidding

You'll be okay, I'm sure. You may need a good therapist is all. But, I wouldn't wait much longer. It sounds kinda violent. At least mention this to your parents.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

How often do you go outside and stare at the sky for ufo's. Or ask them to show themselves. How many times have they showed themselves if you have done this. Have you communicated with them.

Are you seeing any apparations before seemingly being forced to sleep and then have these crazy nightmares.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6

How often do you go outside and stare at the sky for ufo's. Or ask them to show themselves. How many times have they showed themselves if you have done this. Have you communicated with them.

Are you seeing any apparations before seemingly being forced to sleep and then have these crazy nightmares.

uuhh wow honestly some of this does ring true for me. I do stare at the sky all of the time, it calms me and I just love all things dealing with outer space. I feel at home when I stare at the stars. I have sort of asked for ufos and aliens to show themselves, but I can honestly say that I have never seen a ufo that I know of.

Last summer something interesting did happen. I was in my bed which is about six feet in the air because its a loft bed which is like bunk beds except there is a bed on top and a desk on bottom. Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a bright light coming from down below my bed next to my window, and I turned over so I could look at what it was, but I never saw what it was because before I could see anything I just turned back over and immediately fell asleep even though I was scared.

This would never happen by my own doing because when I am awake I mean I am really awake. I can go from asleep to wide awake very quickly, and whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I always have trouble falling back to sleep, but this was immediate sleep that I don't feel was my choice. I didn't remember having a nightmare after that, but I did have an interesting dream. I remember dreaming everything that played out before I was forced to sleep, except in my dream I got to see what was below my bed and it was my dad on the internet. But I can definitely separate the two happenings and I am sure of which one the dream was.

Also another time I had a nightmare about a solar eclipse, but all that happened was that I went outside to take out the trash and I saw a solar eclipse and was filled with so much fear and dread and then I just woke up. It wasn't a scary dream really, but for some reason it REALLY scared me and I don't think I fell back to sleep for the rest of the night. I was even crying when I woke up.

And just a random tidbit, I used to see shadow people when I was little and I might have possibly seen an alien.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Completely forget the dreams you are having. Pick a state in the country tell me.
edit on 26-5-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifer6

Completely forget the dreams you are having. Pick a state in the country tell me.
edit on 26-5-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean what state I live in or just pick a random state?

new topics

top topics

join