It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profound Truth - Not Earned and Not Taken

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What I will show you is a profound truth. You are not likely to hear or read this anywhere else. I will make a few simple statements. From each statement, simply ask: Why?

1) Salvation can neither be earned nor taken.

2) Salvation is a free gift, yet it comes at a cost. There is no paradox in this statement.

3) Your works cannot earn salvation, yet you must have good works or there is no salvation. There is no contradiction in this statement.

4) Christ died on the cross as a free gift for all of mankind, yet not all of mankind will be saved. There is no contradiction in this statement.

5) Hell is very real and some people will end their existence there. This statement is not a paradox to what is mentioned above.

Now for the question: Why are the statements above true?

1) Salvation cannot be earned. None of your works are worthy of what God requires. Christ did what you cannot do, yet you must also do what Christ did. Although this seems like a contradiction, implying that works can save you, there is no contradiction. Read on to find out why.

2) Salvation cannot be taken. God's will is to give only and salvation is a gift, not something we can steal or claim as a possession. Taking something leaves a debt from the one who is victimized. Christ died to give salvation away as a gift, but that gift is given and not taken. This means that Christ can choose who he gives the gift to, yet demands nothing in return.

3) Faith in God is required to receive the name of Christ, yet this is not something earned. God gives the measure of faith and God is not associated in any way with sinners. In other words, the gateway to God's Heavenly kingdom is locked to sinners. Only one hand holds the key and salvation from Earth is necessary to walk into heaven in any way. The key was earned, yet Christ gives salvation through the door as a gift. God gives faith and Christ gives salvation.

4) Although the gift is free, it only goes to the one taking on the name. The name of Christ is the character, which produces a changed heart and good works. Once a heart is changed, works follow as a byproduct. The works do not save the individual. They are merely a sign that God has given faith and Christ has imparted salvation. The gift of faith is by mercy and salvation is a gift of grace.

5) Hell is a place for those who either TAKE the name in vain (Claiming the gift that is not given) or for those who deny God by unbelief. No gift can be taken.

Can I produce evidence that this is true?

How many thieves were on the cross? Two. One repented and the other did not. The one that repented entered paradise and the other went to a place reserved for those who fail to repent in the waters of life (Baptism). The thief that repented did nothing to receive the gift. His words showed evidence that his view of Christ had changed his heart. Christ knew his heart already. The other thief showed no evidence of this changed heart and scoffed at the offer of the gift.

Other evidence:

Hydrogen has one proton (+) and one electron (-). They are in balance. From Hydrogen, we get the rest of the elements. Each element has protons, electrons AND also neutrons. The neutron is in the nucleus with the proton. The electron is outside the neutral and the positive. Connect this to the two thieves on the cross. Connect this to the entanglement we have will all things produced in creation.

The elements are bound by law and so are we. God offers existence and we do nothing to produce this existence. When we break the laws, the laws break us. People live their lives by two directions. 1) Downward Spiral. 2) Upward Spiral. We are all affected by centripetal and centripetal forces. Each of us are moved or slowed by attractions, repulsion, Adhesion and Cohesion. These laws are governed so that the one that follows the law is blessed and the one that breaks the law is adjusted. Our will is free, yet law governs the process. The gift is earned and given to the one that overcomes the law. The thief cannot overcome the law.

To receive the gift, we must become the one that overcomes. Receiving the name allows the Shepherd to lead us out of the wilderness. Taking the name in vain is taking it apart from the character.

You cannot take the name and receive the gift. You must receive the name and the gift is the reason you can.

What about the reward we earn by good works? Glad you asked. Your new Robe (Body) is designed by you.

The Robe and Crown YOU Earn

What can YOU do to receive the gift? Change your heart.

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d] 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

He would not entrust Himself to them. They must be born again and entering the waters of life (Jordan / Baptism) requires our own actions. We must turn our hearts toward heaven. If we do not, we can receive no gift form God other than our immersion into the water. God gave HIS Son to be here with us. What more can he give?

Now you can answer why: Why is Faith the only way to God? He gives it, but you must receive it by the only pathway he offers. Christ. The name represents the character and our walk toward it each day.

edit on 25-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Says Enochwasright,
"Just to be clear, Atheists are going to hell!"

Mkay..........?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Says Enochwasright,
"Just to be clear, Atheists are going to hell!"

Mkay..........?

That depends on the decision of the one giving the gift. This is why it is a gift and not something that can be taken. An Atheist willingly says no to the gift, even if it is offered. Faith is imparted by God.

John 6

26 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

---The Bible makes it clear. The Pope was wrong with his statements this week.

That was John 6:66 by the way.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The Pope was wrong with his statements this week.

That's what you should have entitled this thread: "The Pope was wrong with his statements this week." because, lets be honest, his statement is what motivated you pen this thread, spreading dissension and fear.

You have to have the "last word" on the issue. You're the spiritual authority. You've got it all worked out.

All hail, Enochwasright, special ed.

edit on 25-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nope. The authority is God's Word and it's in our hearts. The Bible simply brings it out. We already have a good idea this Pope will be a false teacher. He seems to be an Angel, but his teachings will tell the story. Counterfeit truth can only come wrapped in actual truth. It's an inversion. My task on ATS is to ensure that truth remains what it is, which is not all that hard to do. Truth is evident and the Bible is clear on this issue. I am backed by 99% of preachers out there. Salvation is through faith. Go back and read the scriptures I quoted. The gift must first be given. It had to come through a kinsman, just as the error came through the same. God's Jubilee laws requires it.

You cannot see it now, but if you would simply turn the other direction and never look back (Like Lot), then you would be set free and life begins the way it is supposed to be. I am living this life now, yet I see the world crumbling around me. God keeps me rock solid because I have followed this path:

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Even though I claim the promises, I am still a sinner in this life. All of us are. None are free from sin until we gain our salvation from the trial. If we could overcome ourselves, then Christ was not necessary. Since we can't, he is necessary. The promises are real. Any Christian will tell you, "Simply claim them and walk with Christ." He does the rest. Salvation is not something you work out on your own. Never look back, but always look up. This is what He has done for me and I can only speak of my own experience, wisdom and knowledge. You can do the same.

That's what you should have entitled this thread: "The Pope was wrong with his statements this week." because, lets be honest, his statement is what motivated you pen this thread, spreading dissension and fear.

You have to have the "last word" on the issue. You're the spiritual authority. You've got it all worked out.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Another point to make on this topic is to answer this question: Why do people deny the truth of the gospel? John answers this. Many people read the first verse and stop there. If they would read on, they would see the division between faith and unbelief.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

edit on 25-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i miss WarJohn.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How is number 2 not a paradox? Could you explain that simply? Because that's like saying you get a free banana but you have to donate $2 to the banana fund first to get it. It's not free if you have to pay some kind of fee for it, no matter what that fee is labeled.

If Jesus doesn't demand anything for salvation, then why does he demand we believe he died on the cross then rose from the dead?

Unless you explain how it is not a paradox, then it is one.
edit on 25-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
How is number 2 not a paradox? Could you explain that simply? Because that's like saying you get a free banana but you have to donate $2 to the banana fund first to get it. It's not free if you have to pay some kind of fee for it, no matter what that fee is labeled.

If Jesus doesn't demand anything for salvation, then why does he demand we believe he died on the cross then rose from the dead?

Unless you explain how it is not a paradox, then it is one.
edit on 25-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

2)

Nothing can be given unless it is first earned. A gift is the possession of the one giving it until it is given. Clearly, the Bible instructs that the gift is given by Christ, but not before a person has been given faith by God. God imparts faith and it is His position in the process to provide the mechanism for faith to blossom. Christ did what no man can do, therefore earning the honor of Name above every names and King of kings.

Abraham was asked to give up his son Issac as a sacrifice. God stopped it from happening when he knew that Abraham was willing. In this sequence of events, God initiates the request. Abraham answered, "Here I am Lord." Before this episode, Abraham was Abram. The 'Hey' in his name was not yet given by God. The H added to his name is the Hebrew letter Hey and the pictograph meaning, "Behold a great work." The pictograph looks like a man with his hands outstretched to God. See it here: HEY

This calling by God is also our receiving of God's request. We must answer or nothing is received. Faith requires our faithfulness, but it also implies our trust of God's goodness in the request. When Abraham was willing to give up his most prized possession, God never wanted him to give it up. The faith allowed Abraham to have Issac as a Son allowing the promise of a great nation as the result in the future. God always works for us into the future, but this is an entrusted relationship.

Now, go back and read John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.[d] 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Consider the many people living 2000 years ago as they came to Jesus in faith. What did Jesus know that they did not? "You must be born again." He knew it was not yet time to entrust the relationship at this time. We are all called to Baptism and baptism is our immersion into a unique person's life. We are all snowflakes in a way. Each life shows us what we need for the next. To determine the next, our present life must look to the one that gave it. If not, no gift is given that remotely resembles salvation from the process. The GIFT is given when we are no longer children of God, but rather, raised to our inheritance. In Hebrew culture, the inheritance is given to the child when he becomes a man and no sooner.

Many people refuse faith and the Father allows them to be a prodigal for a period of time. That period is coming to a close very soon. We must come back home or no inheritance is given. The gift is only given to the child that becomes a man and once again has a relationship to his Father.

What else do you expect? Should the Father go track the prodigal down in the swine pit he choose to occupy? He does this for us. Should the son grow up and come back to his loving home with humility before his Father? In this case, the Father is worthy of this deference.

Of all Fathers, God is above any you can imagine. You cannot possibly love your own children more than God loves us. He loves us enough to plead with us to come back, but an unrepentant Son curses his Father's requests. He remains where he ends his path. It's a choice of pride over love and humility required to come back.

The story does not end here. As we are really speaking of the Son of God here and not simply humanity, we already know that THE Son of God has returned to the side with His Father. As the Church, we are the body of Christ here on Earth. His work 2000 years ago is now ours. Taking the name of Christ is becoming part of that body. I willingly take that cup, fully knowing what is coming to it at the hands of the wicked. Persecution, beatings, beheadings and death at the hands of those who will suffer hell. It's already beginning. What do you suppose will happen when the NWO finally makes their move on the world stage? Who do you suppose will suffer?

I take the gift knowing what my future holds. We are lambs to the slaughter. As such, we will rule and reign with Christ on the other side.

Quite a gift.

Revelation 13

5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

10 “If anyone is to go into captivity,
into captivity they will go.
If anyone is to be killed[c] with the sword,
with the sword they will be killed.”[d]
This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

Why would I accept such a gift? Because its the right thing to do and no more. Truth is worth standing for and loved ones are worth saving. Christ did the same for us--His Church. Taking the name requires the character or its taken in vain.

Now, back to Abraham. What did God do just before the Son would suffer sacrifice? The scapegoat was provided. Who do you suppose that will be when Christ returns a second time? The faithful? We receive the gift, not wrath. It only goes to the one that it is entrusted to. We are all sinners, equally charged as thieves. Faith allows a repentant heart to turn to God with love. God entrusts Himself to the Son and the Son entrusts Himself to his faithful church.

Romans 5

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Sorry, but that post is entirely too long for it to be a "simple" explanation. If you have to cross reference a hundred different bible passages then cross reference those with another hundred then you are probably just making it up and fitting scripture around your answer.

I asked if you could explain it simply. Occam's razor, have you heard of it?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Sorry, but that post is entirely too long for it to be a "simple" explanation. If you have to cross reference a hundred different bible passages then cross reference those with another hundred then you are probably just making it up and fitting scripture around your answer.

I know exactly what that is, and I would rediscribe it as the fibiconi spiral. NO CHANCE to re-diatribe the scripture WARS. No original thinking. Its as if one throws firebombs at each/eat each other. NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE. John 1. Before anything else existed there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. Nothing exists that he did not make. Eternal life is within Him and in this life gives life eternal to all mankind. Nice diatribe, could be believable, NO ALTERNATIVES. I can spout scripture, I can toe to toe the wars. Whats the point. ORIGINAL THOUGHT WILL PREVAIL. The/that John diatribe poclaims Jesus as being God? (not the son of) He was not and JOHN WAS MISTAKEN in this missive.
edit on 26-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

In the last post, I assumed you could read one page without having a stroke or going to sleep. Here is the short version with links if I lose you.

Truth = Alpha Meme Tav.

Tav is two crossed sticks and the end of our refinement: Two Crossed Sticks

Mem is Water and our baptism and involution: Involution and Evolution

Alpha is the Beginning: Word / World

If you want the gift, come to the party thrown in your honor. If not, you are can wander around the house and pout that it's too complicated or hard. This is your party. I'm participating in mine and the gifts are amazing. There are new gifts each day to enjoy. Gifts are given and not taken. There is a process to follow and it starts with humility and deference for the one giving them to you.

Bar Mitzvah

edit on 26-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I know exactly what that is, and I would rediscribe it as the fibiconi spiral. NO CHANCE to re-diatribe the scripture WARS. No original thinking. Its as if one throws firebombs at each/eat each other. NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE. John 1. Before anything else existed there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. Nothing exists that he did not make. Eternal life is within Him and in this life gives life eternal to all mankind. Nice diatribe, could be believable, NO ALTERNATIVES. I can spout scripture, I can toe to toe the wars. Whats the point. ORIGINAL THOUGHT WILL PREVAIL. The/that John diatribe poclaims Jesus as being God? (not the son of) He was not and JOHN WAS MISTAKEN in this missive.

You have stated that you do not think John 1 describes creation and that the Son and Father cannot be what they claim. First, the Son, Father and Spirit are based on physics. What we call Time/Space and Matter/Energy are our reality and THIS did not exist before the other created it. You have not provided an answer to why you believe what you state. I will describe to you why I believe what I believe. If you can contradict it, you can simply show what you believe.

Here are my thoughts on John 1: Physics of a Hologram and Voxels instead of Pixels

The link above gives you some idea of the physics behind the hologram mentioned in John 1. Word is information and the Wave of particle and light duality. Light is the thing that reveals the hologram. LET THERE BE LIGHT! Once the hologram was rendered from image, the lights were metaphorically turned on. This is the nature of a 2D holographic projection giving the illusion of 3D.

Further, the shadowing effect between dimensions demonstrates that what we see is not made from what is visible.

Hebrews 11

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Here is the thread on this subject: We are the shadows we cast...

To bring this back to the topic of the OP. None of this is earned or produced by us. We simply exist in it as a gift. We think and move only. Name even one thing you do to produce your reality that does not involve thought and movement and you might be able to make a case that we are not produced by something else. You won't find any.

It is given and John 1 stands as the hallmark of quantum physics. We are information from a Creator in the form of Genesis 1:1-3

In the beginning (Time), God created the Heavens (SPACE) and the Earth (MATTER). Fiat Lux! Let there be light (energy / information / wave)!

Now matter is light, both particle and wave. What animates matter for life? Spirit (Consciousness). We are all three.

Light - Father
Son - Wave
Holy Spirit - Consciousness

All three are pre-existent to us. Show me otherwise and you can claim its not a gift.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I didn't go to sleep or have a stroke. No need to get defensive, I was only pointing out the obvious, that your explanation is entirely too convoluted to be a simple answer.

I still don't see how two sticks, water, and alpha have anything to do with the paradox. You linking to threads of yours containing as long if not longer posts than your last one doesn't make it any simpler either, I'm sorry to say.

If you have to link to a whole bunch of different paragraphs that reference cherry-picked bible quotes that need to be referenced with other cherry-picked quotes then you are most likely creating an answer out of thin air, using unrelated scripture to form-fit your immovable, unchangeable, irreversible presupposition.

If salvation is free, there should be no strings attached, including having to believe a certain way.

Here are a few examples of what free means:

Not controlled by obligation or the will of another (you are obligated by god to believe Jesus died on the cross)

Not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance (you have to be under the condition that Jesus died on the cross)

Not subject to a given condition; exempt (no one is exempt from having to believe the condition that Jesus died on the cross)

In a free manner; without restraint (you are restrained to having to believe Jesus died on the cross)

To relieve of a burden, obligation, or restraint (you are obligated to believe Jesus died on the cross)

Are you seeing a pattern here? Because the definition of free goes against your idea of what free is.
edit on 26-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Enochwasright
You have stated that you do not think John 1 describes creation and that the Son and Father cannot be what they claim. First, the Son, Father and Spirit are based on physics. What we call Time/Space and Matter/Energy are our reality and THIS did not exist before the other created it. You have not provided an answer to why you believe what you state. I will describe to you why I believe what I believe. If you can contradict it, you can simply show what you believe. Further, the shadowing effect between dimensions demonstrates that what we see is not made from what is visible.Hebrews 11 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

No, this is YOUR interpretation of John. John had no clue as to what Physics are/were as the closest to known probabilites at that time period would have existed in Alexandria, I doubt he studied Pythagoras, (maybe he did) transmigration of the soul and belief in numbers as the ultimate elements of the universe? NO. Why would I contradict you, your belief system is as valid as mine. The question of faith is at fault, you give yourself over to "having a blind faith in". I give nothing to that quicksand/quagmire. As you say God remains in the shadowlands, even though it created us. What could easily become 'visible' OUR CREATOR as a material form chooses (cowardess) not to.

Enochwasright
Here is the thread on this subject: We are the shadows we cast... To bring this back to the topic of the OP. None of this is earned or produced by us. We simply exist in it as a gift. We think and move only. Name even one thing you do to produce your reality that does not involve thought and movement and you might be able to make a case that we are not produced by something else. You won't find any. It is given and John 1 stands as the hallmark of quantum physics. We are information from a Creator in the form of Genesis 1:1-3

We exist in eternity as a 'gift', no karma componant no real destination, path to awareness; no progression of the individual soul; if this is not true what is point of being human. I could skate this one by as being a blade of grass or an oxygen molecule --my conscious existance is not important to anyone OTHER THAN MYSELF. I am Gods expression therefore I am God. I do not need Genesis or John to lecture me to that fact. This is a tangible self realization. If those books help anyone to come to some understanding of their being and the SPACE they take up in this universe bless them (its valuable real estate).

Enochwasright
In the beginning (Time), God created the Heavens (SPACE) and the Earth (MATTER). Fiat Lux! Let there be light (energy / information / wave)!Now matter is light, both particle and wave. What animates matter for life? Spirit (Consciousness). We are all three.Light - FatherSon - Wave All three are pre-existent to us. Show me otherwise and you can claim its not a gift.

I dont disagree at all with this. There is the reproductive (matter) duplication problem. What originally animated matter is radiation. Spirit consciousness is ill-defined. Has anyone mathmatically put a formulae to this idea and theoretically proven it? What is with this whole father-son business, what happened to the Mother-Daughter again no addressing of the sexual componant to creation. Life is a gift? No, life is a consequence of being born, and spending that life attempting to figure out why that birth occured.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If salvation is free, there should be no strings attached, including having to believe a certain way.

And there it is. You are hitting the target now. First, ask yourself a question based on this verse:

Hebrews 9

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Keep in mind that we are still here. Currently, none of us have salvation. We are here now. What does this imply about a future gift? You can't earn it or take it. This is true. You can only receive it and the ONLY way to receive it is to take the name of Christ NOW! Taking the name of Christ implies that you are changing your own name to His. A name always defines the person's character in the Bible. What character does Christ imply? Can you take that name in vain (for nothing)?

Think it through. God gives faith. Faith is the ability to believe in salvation through HIS Son. His Son is the only one giving out the gift, yet we must show up for the ceremony. A wedding banquet is thrown in our honor and many will refuse to come.

Matthew 22

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

It's a gift given at a wedding. Keep this in mind. We are not there yet because our bride has not arrived.

See this link: Hebrew Wedding Tradition and the Bride of Christ

Your're invited. Will you attend? You must show up for the gift and preparation of the bride is necessary. Lamps need oil and we must present ourselves in the following manner.

No better description than this one. Audio Link of Romans 12

You want it to be easy. It is. Love God. Acknowledge His Son. Love others. The gift will appear when you do. You enter the bridal chamber at that moment. Did you take it in vain? That depends on your works. Faith without works is dead. It's the byproduct of taking the name.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You really need to stop smokescreening every dialog with scripture; unless you are John reincarnated, (that could be interesting). You are engaged/responded to because YOU have something to say (dont you). I have a relative that has forgotten to speak her mind, just quotes scripture as answers for/to the most mundane questions, a "how are you" response would be, "three days later Esther put on her royal robes and entered the inner court of the royal hall of the palroyal throne and when he saw the queen Esther standing there in inner court he welcomed her..."

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

But believing he died on the cross then rose from the dead is a REQUIREMENT to be saved. Something which is free requires nothing, that is the definition of free, no strings attached, no requirements to meet, nothing needs to be given in order to receive it. If you are OBLIGATED to believe he rose from the dead, then that is a requirement, and if there is something you must give (belief) then it is NOT free.

You are twisting the meaning of the word free by saying you must give something to receive salvation. That is not the definition of free, because nothing needs to be given, not even belief.

We are already in the bridal chamber, everyone. The Earth and physical existence is the bride, and we are already at the party, every single one of us. Your body is the "bridal chamber" of the spirit.

Father consciousness, Mother Earth (the bride of the Father). No need to believe anything because we are thrown into the bridal chamber the moment we are born, before we ever have a chance to believe anything.

edit on 26-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

One thing is for sure. We can question our answers. Only God can answer our questions.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

But believing he died on the cross then rose from the dead is a REQUIREMENT to be saved. Something which is free requires nothing, that is the definition of free, no strings attached, no requirements to meet, nothing needs to be given in order to receive it. If you are OBLIGATED to believe he rose from the dead, then that is a requirement, and if there is something you must give (belief) then it is NOT free.
You are twisting the meaning of the word free by saying you must give something to receive salvation. That is not the definition of free, because nothing needs to be given, not even belief.
We are already in the bridal chamber, everyone. The Earth and physical existence is the bride, and we are already at the party, every single one of us. Your body is the "bridal chamber" of the spirit.
Father consciousness, Mother Earth (the bride of the Father). No need to believe anything because we are thrown into the bridal chamber the moment we are born, before we ever have a chance to believe anything.

Its that old save-your-soul thing. You are not saved/salvaged/recycled unless you believe Christ died for our sins (I hope that was not only past but present and Future crimes I may commit). Freedom only requires the acknowedgement of that concept (or a vague understanding of). Christianity (obligatory) demands you to believe Jesus was born of an immaculate birth/rape of 13 year old virgin child/mother. Rose from the dead at 33 no one ever questioned his cellabacy at his age (in those days worrisome as was a vital man) , and DEMANDS these tenents to garner Salvation? Look at the storyline. We are in the bridal chamber, we are the vessel for/of the spirit. We are here for a purpose; to understand these basic human tenents of being our purpose? (understand ourselves as expressions of God), what else is there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join