It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama may have dated IRS inspector general in law school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but when I saw this, I just had to post it. I have been following very closely, the intricacies of this IRS scandal...and have been amazed at the absolute shoddy work performed by the IG during the audit of and interviewing of, employees at the IRS.
For example:

On Wednesday, House hearings on the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) political targeting of conservative groups uncovered a startling revelation about the interview process used to construct the Inspector General’s report: Obama donor-turned-IRS director of tax exempt organizations Holly Paz sat in on 36 of 41 interviews with IRS employees.

“Why was Holly Paz... in almost all of the interviews you conducted?” asked Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC). “Why would you have someone from the IRS in those meetings? Is that proper protocol?”

“I am unaware of it,” said Inspector General J. Russell George. “This is the first I’ve heard this.”

www.breitbart.com...

Inspector George seemed, during the hearings to be a decent-enough fellow, however, it's coming to light that he ran a very slip-shod audit and interview of IRS employees...with their boss PHYSICALLY Present throughout the interviews.
It has ALSO not been answered (to anyone's satisfaction) by IG George, WHY the audit, which was promised to congress to have been completed two months BEFORE the last presidential election...was not completed another EIGHT MONTHS LATER...long AFTER the election.
Discussed in more depth here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

NOW, we find Inspector General George...and FLOTUS Michelle Obama...were 'bosom buddies' in law school!l!

The first lady may have once dated the Internal Revenue Service’s top watchdog, Inspector General J. Russell George. The two crossed paths in the late ’80s, when they were both students at Harvard Law School.

“I think he actually dated Michelle at one point,” former Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican, who worked with George when he was staff director for a House oversight subcommittee in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

“That is overstating it,” George said. But the two students did socialize in group settings. “Michelle was a lovely person, and down to earth,” he said. “…The BLSA went out for pizza; we would go out together.” He paused, for a beat. “Don’t get me in trouble,” George said.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...
We all know that Washington is an incestuous town and that politics often make strange bedfellows...but
this entire IRS scandal...stinks from EVERY orifice...up to...and including, the Oral Oriface!
edit on 25-5-2013 by IAMTAT because: additional thought added.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

and ??? i is that it " may have " = what ? - please stop scraping the barrel - you will puncture it

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Daily Caller, Breitbart and a Virginia Republican!
The Inspector General himself denies it, but if the Daily Caller says it, it must be true!

I hear they "may have" a secret love child together.

Stories like these water down the real "Obama-gate" concerns and make his critics look like they're making it all up for personal political gain. Which they are. Just FYI.

edit on 5/25/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I know this is just an odd sidebar point in this scanal...and possibly towards the bottom of the barrel (as you say)...but it's a deep barrel...and it's full of rotten apples.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by IAMTAT

and ??? i is that it " may have " = what ? - please stop scraping the barrel - you will puncture it
hmmmm. Is that what you call it?
Some might see it as a conflict of interest.
One would hope that an Inspector General would be objective, some people might recuse themselves in such a situation. I am sure that the hearings on the Hill will air things out.
Looks like some more Chicago politics.
edit on 25-5-2013 by butcherguy because: typo

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Still...George admits they were friends...and went out together.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
this is beyond the bottom of the barrel! They moved the barrel and dug 5 feet under it! 2 people went to harvard at the same time,ended up in the gov't,probably had classes together,and may have went on field trips...ITS A SCANDAL!!! Why didn't anyone dig this deep over GW Bush snorting coke off a hooker in panama?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hate to be Captain Obvious on this...but a good % of those currently in Government Service at all levels attended Harvard, Princeton and/or Yale. Given the age ranges, a good % of those people are bound to know each other if they didn't share social society ties as well.

So, these two shared quality time a few decades ago? How would that have any relation now? I mean if my EX-girlfriend were the First Lady, I wouldn't consider that to be a good omen to my career, to be honest.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Okay, I get it. I'm being chastised by friend and foe, alike.
I surrender; only stories from the TOP of the barrel henceforth and forthwith.

Still...One must admit, these two were old school chums...if not more; George admits to it in the article.
It does lend the sheen of a conflict of interests, where impartiality may be concerned; I believe the proper word is 'cronyism'...which seems all the rage in this administration.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

errr.... so what? so she might have dated irs boss.... big wow!! there is more important things out thee to be brought in to the limelight.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The term was[ over stating it ]. Which is not the same as a flatout denial. Over stating it means he tried nothing happened but he gets to say they went out. It could make for a case to appoint a special prosecutor and remove him from further investigation/audit.

top topics

join