It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please update flash player popup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's getting to be a regular thing on here for me at least. I will open a thread and soon as I do there will be a tab auto opened in firefox with this url.....

related8.info... id=&lang=en&at=0

Since my player is up to date I just close it and move on but it is slowly grating the nerves. If it would be helpful to admins to track the problem the following is that links source. Thanks in advance. Btw if info is needed....running windows 7 and firefox I run no protection of any kind other than windows firewall.

edit on 25-5-2013 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Could you edit your post?

Just remove everything after "firewall", the script is messing up the layout!!

Peace
edit on 25-5-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
yea I can't take flash ads anymore, and they do nothing to stop flash ads and popups, it started with simple adsense ads though were ok but intrusive ads was my final straw

adblock plus and now subscribed to 3 blocklists easylist, easyprivacy (blocks all tracking sites from statcounter to google analytics) and Lowe's blocklist all 3 subscribed to.

I'm fed up with spam in my life as it is, drive to work spam on the billboards, spam on street signs, turn on radio spam every 5 minutes, turn on television 30 minute show has 15 mins worth of spam every 3 mins. So much spam on the tv they have to remind you what you were watching. Check my mailbox, junkmail/spam 90% of my postal mail is spam I usually stamp return to sender and force spammers to pay for the return mail.

spam in email of course people agree it's ok to block those.

plus the main channel malware and virus use to get to people is via ad networks, script kiddies can hijack spam iframes and drop trojan malware in them and sql inject to spread viruses. Once you turn on adblocking you'll never get another malware notice from your antivirus software.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

my bad i removed the link source script.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I really don't have an issue with the occasional pop up due to them giving revenue to the site. This one in particular though bugs me since its wanting me to dl something which is never beneficial to the user. I don't use adware blockers or antivirus or anything. I have another drive with a mirror of this os if I get infected or crash I just swap and keep going. All personal files, photos and other things are not kept on this machine.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I Never ever see ads on here.
I have:
Do Not Track Plus
Zonealarm firewall
Windows firewall

and that's it.
I'm not sure why I don't see the ads but.... I'm happy

new topics

top topics

join