It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global march challenges Monsanto's dominance: LIVE UPDATES

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

About 500-600 in Boston but my son and I cut out early because he wasn't feeling well and the weather is just horrible... 51 and a solid soaking drizzle!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

They (govt) need to be prepared, hahahha, but it is comical what you need a permit for these days.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is definitely one of my favorite images so far LOL

Here's a few pictures from the march in Ottawa

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There was a big turnout here in Orlando, Florida today with hundreds marching with some terrific signs. Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures on ATS, but you can always check them out on Facebook at March Against Monsanto Orlando, Florida.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The only thing about this whole issue that gets on my nerves are the amount of people who claim they are against GMOs - yet still continue to eat them, saying, "You can't avoid them, we need labeling." And that is just not true. It's fairly easy to educate yourself on what foods contain them and what don't. The rest is all about if you're willing to give up the stuff you love buying and make it yourself. I hope that everyone who is really against GMOs will actually go to the trouble of not consuming them!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Good pictures guys...

Not a peep from MSM. Not on nightly news, not in NY Times... not anywhere I can see.

Of course, I can't see it all but I have been looking. No offense to Oklahoma but the coverage could have been 2-3 minutes shorter to show these protests.

Oh well... just more evidence why even people that don't dig in but keep an eye on MSM to be informed are less informed than they believe. I'd wager this just didn't happen to these people. Par for the course.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Not a peep from MSM. Not on nightly news, not in NY Times... not anywhere I can see.

the monsanto protests didn't happen.. the pictures are photoshopped.. now eat your three-headed corn.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone mentioned this :

When I see that we finally have a 'march against' Monsanto going viral, I cannot help but think someone like Monsanto is behind it.

It makes me wonder if they have already created other companies to take over the role of whatever they were doing (that we don't know about yet), and are willing to just give us Monsanto on a platter (while raping the stock holders who aren't ready for a crash?)

Just speculation, but based on past events and patterns.
Like how the mercenary companies would switch names around and all that.

It's the old shell game pretty much.
Once you think you can guess which cup the ball is under, you already lost.
He hid the ball it's sleight of hand.

I do think Monsanto execs should be brought to trial though for various crimes. I am just really cynical and used to these tricky games the elites play with the alternative media crowd. They are like basically in control of our movements and we don't even know it.
edit on 25-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is cool and I am happy to see so many people aware of Monsanto.
That is a good thing even if it's a trick.
If we can force them to give us the company and set up operations under a new name, than we have totally set them back big time.

Glad people are finally caring what they eat.

Hope the day turns out well for everyone participating in exercising their freedom.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We had about 300 hundred people show up for ours today in Cincinnati, I was very excited to be there. Whatever it takes to bring this monster to it's knees. Although one march isn't going to do it, it may take many, many marches to gain the ACTUAL attention we need.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

My wife and daughter marched today (I had to work). If I can get their photos uploaded at some point, I'll post them up here.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was around Denver downtown so decided to check it out. Easily a thousand people if not more. No real media coverage, after a while the protestors just marched. Wish I could've spend time there..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If Monsanto closed it's doors today, half the worlds population would starve in the first year. Monsanto is imperative to the entitlements of America and other western nations. If we stop Monsanto we stop living the type of lifestyle that we enjoy today. I'm not sure most people would willingly give up all the things that would inevitably have to disappear along with these types of companies. They have had humanity by the short and curly's for some time now, because they control the food supply from such a pivotal position. They are an inevitable step in the process of the ever growing and ever changing foundation to our lifestyle, starting with the food and ending up in 90% of the products on grocery store shelves. Knock them down and you have to reinvent the wheel basically.

That said, If we don't get rid of them and others of the same likeness very soon, the consequences will be much worse than the above scenario. What choice do we have?

I hear a bunch of people complaining, but I don't see any alternative solutions coming from the arguments. Don't get me wrong, I think we have screwed ourselves with the short term thinking that spawned this catastrophic dilemma we call Monsanto. But we have to look at the alternatives as well as the heart of the problem, and try and create a solution that brings back the balance. Monsanto only adds a minuscule percentage to the total amount of pollution that we put into our bodies and the environment.

Many of the people who COULD do something understand these truths, and they don't have the time or fore thought to be able to address the situation. This is why nothing will become of this action.

If we really want to make a difference, then we have to find the root of the problem, attack that, and be willing and ready to accept the sacrifices and long awaited consequences of our short sighted approach to big business. The question is... Are you ready to do that?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Our poster

edit on 25-5-2013 by lightmere because: add text

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Awesome thread! I'm currently living in a town in east tx with roughly 100,000 people, and I saw this one women on a street corner with a sign protesting monsnato. So yes, even in hick towns you have people protesting Monsatan! So awesome.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

That's fine and all and you make some fine points, but can't we at least have labelled GMO products to make our own decision? Then they can grow all the trash they want and the misinformed public can make their own mind up on whether or not they eat it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

www.ctvnews.ca...

Here is one news source, CBC was at the Ottawa march, cant find it on the net yet though
edit on 25-5-2013 by lightmere because: oops double link!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The local news had a quick 3 minute segment. I was shocked they even covered it.

Hmmm.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

how is a town with 100000 a hick town?, Ive seen hick towns and they are usually between 238-5,789 population. not 100,000. Any place that has most fast food restaurants is not a hick town. but yeah F monsanto

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Down with Commie Monsanto

Shirley you jest? Monsanto - communist. Corporatist, Capitalist maybe even Fascist - but Communist...

Don't give Communists a bad name - even the Red Chinese are burning GM crops.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join