It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global march challenges Monsanto's dominance: LIVE UPDATES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Global march challenges Monsanto's dominance: LIVE UPDATES

rt.com

The March Against Monsanto will see hundreds of thousands in 40 countries unite to challenge biotechnology corporations and protest against genetically modified foods, which despite bans in some countries due to health hazards remain legal in many others.

Melbourne..

Japan...

South Africa...

Amsterdam
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Scientist that discovered GMO health hazards immediately fired, team dismantled
Poland Beekeepers Win Ban on Monsanto's GMO!
Four Simultaneous Monsanto Attacks on Organic Food in California
GMO Labeling Bill Introduced by Boxer, DeFazio - Right to Know Act

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am not sure how many people are protesting. I do know that protests have been coordinated over several continents. I also know social network sights have been targeted and posts are disappearing.
There is a growing resistance to GM foods and the companies that produce them. The US government has been working closely with theses giant biochemical companies to aggressively promote GM foods around the world.
Methods include bribery. economic warfare and politically motivated science. The nutrient value of these foods is low and exposure to some GM foods has been detrimental to human and fatal to cattle.
I will update this thread with more images as more come in..

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Auckland, New Zealand....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've had surprised responses when I began asking the clerks at the grocery store if their particular dept. had a "non-gmo" section, or if the food was labelled to say it contains GMO.

The 1st clerk didn't know what gmo was and as soon as I told her it in long form, she immediately said she would be forwarding it to her mgr.
I said "I just want to know what we're eating". She agreed. We all eat.

Start asking - ask them all. It doesn't cost a thing, and takes very little time.

Good to see the international crowds aren't sitting back on their duffs - I hope the NA continent shows the same. So sad I won't be able to make ours.

All the best to the world - we all eat, we should all want to know.
This is a beautiful day to show up.

Thanks for the photos and copy, Purplemer.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that people around the world are becoming aware of what this sick company is doing.
What I'd like to see is a push to charge Monsanto with crimes, because we all know they deserve it. They are and have been destroying the environment, plants, and animals for years now, and I'm willing to bet they've been involved in plenty of illicit backroom government deals.
Maybe in a couple years, the downfall of Monsanto will be the next big thing in the news. We can only hope.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
HI
the simple fact this is moving live in 40 countries is evident of how the people are transforming.
in a neighborhood near you

Thanks

LOVE

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
GMO + DNA
= GODAMN
be deformed or be transformed

Peace

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I & many others plan to show our support for such a cause today in my home town.

Should NOT tamper with nature! Period!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by survival

Good for you...
and good luck! I think it is important to stand and bear witness to the fact something is wrong and that something should be done about it. My location here is far to remote for me to go in person. So I thought I would put a thread up about it instead..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

It is not just Monsanto that needs to pay for its crimes. The apple is rotten to the core and this goes right to the top...

WikiLeaks: US targets EU over GM crops US embassy cable recommends drawing up list of countries for 'retaliation' over opposition to genetic modification

www.guardian.co.uk...

If you have time watch the video on the first link by RT too..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Sadly it has to do in which state you live in, in GA is big on organic farming, so the chain stores have to offer none GMO and an Organic product area, all over the store in every section of dry goods is a display of organic choices.

I am very happy with that, also the main grocery story I buy they have all their fish and sea food label either wild or farm,Frankensteinsalmon is also available and while is label "farm" the manager already told me that is cheapest salmon of the lot.

So far I am happy with my selections in my local big grocery store chain, also the beef comes from Florida that is also big on organic farming and grass fed cattle.

Any been from California or the middle of the country is mass produced and GMO feed.

Is good to know where the food comes from.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You are right on there, purplemer ... this goes from the root to the fruit.

It is going to take much more than awareness to be rid of this nonsense, though I appreciate the efforts underway as it's a start.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread and I support the march against these anti free market communists that don't believe the consumer should have the choice to decide.

Down with Commie Monsanto

There is a 12 page thread here with a couple Monsanto Shills defending them.

www.city-data.com...

Also, a very enlightening film on the conditioning and propaganda that the American People are exposed to constantly.

edit on 25-5-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Awesome! The more people know about Monsatan, the better!

I'm so happy because it's guaranteed that thousands more people around the world will now be aware of Monsanto for the first time...hopefully leading them to do their own research and join the fight.

I'm in the Ottawa region in Canada and the march is scheduled to start at 2pm, I'll try to swing by and walk a block with them.

Cheers!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Wishing the best to all who March against Monsanto!
The sponsers have their free movie up!

Here it is, full length documentary!

[color=Chartreuse]Seeds of Death: Unveiling the Lies of GMOs - Full Length Movie

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
NYC - March Against Monsanto

80 Arrested in Antwerp Belguim March Against Monsanto Protest.

revolution-news.com...

Live streams for several countries available here..

revolution-news.com...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A bee "die in" outside of Monsanto headquarters in DC right now

The DC march against Monsanto just started! Marching from the White House to Monsanto HQ.

Things lively in S.Africa..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
From what I understand about the Monsanto, they have pretty much bought out the US government in all levels and therefore are able to make laws that protect them, and even the Supreme Court has sided with them in the cross-pollination cases.(correct me if I'm wrong)

There is still hope for the rest of the world and I am glad to see the protests. Our only hope in the US is to vote against those who do not represent the will of the American people. (That is assuming our elections are not rigged!)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Nice to see the participation around the world. Much thanks to all those involved. Our local march went well! The turnout was decent for our smaller city. Only had a slight run in with the authorities, explaining to not disturb a public but private market with the march and chanting due to a quick complaint(?), but that was resolved. However, while it was exceptionally peaceful event, the issue above should not have been an issue( a permit required to march, really? Has it come to that?)...perhaps we all really need to monitor local rules and regulations, even in smaller areas-start there move up, to help preserve our right to free speech and protest.
edit on 25-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: added more...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's awesome. That little girl is adorable, and the bee " die in" brilliant. S&F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join