It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe's office profiles Latinos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Pretty much, because that's the route this country is going. If you want change then let's start at the top & work our way down, starting with Obama.

I suppose you also oppose NYPD stop & frisk policy as well?
edit on 26-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

Sheriff Joe's office profiles Latinos

news.yahoo.com

A federal judge has ruled that the office of America's self-proclaimed toughest sheriff systematically singled out Latinos in its trademark immigration patrols, marking the first finding by a court that the agency racially profiles people.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Murray Snow in Phoenix backs up years of allegations from Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's critics who say his officers violate the constitutional rights of Latinos in relying on race in their immigration enforcement.

(visit the link for the full news article)

open borders and the dismantling of the corporate, limited-liability legal system must happen before abundance will again be allowed to flourish in this world. Hate on me all you want, but that's the truth. You limited-liability lovers (because that's what a nation state is in today's world, a limited-liability, for-profit corporation) have to look at a much bigger picture if you want to survive.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by seabag

I'm confused......my post was about Sheriff Joe, not Obama. Perhaps try reading it.

I can read just fine. I read your statement and I thought you were describing Obama rather than Joe. You said:

He's broken the law multiple times and is racist. Who ever votes the guy in is awful..what a screwed up county that is. He also steals taxpayer money so he can go on lavish vacations...and people stll support this guy...

That sure fits Obama better.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

open borders and the dismantling of the corporate, limited-liability legal system must happen before abundance will again be allowed to flourish in this world.

Right!! Because how could any country that dismantles its legal system and opens its borders to every depraved scum ball NOT prosper?? Great plan!!
[end sarcasm]

If that's what it means to be 'enlightened' then I'll pass!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Except changing the President would change nothing. They're more or less a figurehead/scapegoat/sacrificial lamb. Nothing will change until you can change Congress and that won't happen until you can create widespread change at the local level. It is because of this reason that Ron Paul would have been the most ineffectual President ever. He didn't have the support of anyone. So in the end it wouldn't matter how many good ideas he had if he couldn't get them passed. We need to start by getting jack booted thugs like Arpaio out of local office and then working our way up.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

From top to bottom.

Take for what's it worth.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I agree. "Racially Profiling" is a term the politically correct use to make what works, into a bad thing.
Politically Correct is a term bigots use against those who call them out on their bigotry. Granted, there are some exceptions, but this is not one of them.

You can pretend all you want that racial profiling is okay, but that doesn't make it so. When you target a race/ethnic group/etc. of people, you're not just targeting the bad ones, you're targeting the good ones as well. It's not "common sense" it's simple minded.

any chance you can post sources backing up this information? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
well what did they want them to germans lol of course you profile ,it works for the Israelis:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I agree. "Racially Profiling" is a term the politically correct use to make what works, into a bad thing.
Politically Correct is a term bigots use against those who call them out on their bigotry. Granted, there are some exceptions, but this is not one of them.

You can pretend all you want that racial profiling is okay, but that doesn't make it so. When you target a race/ethnic group/etc. of people, you're not just targeting the bad ones, you're targeting the good ones as well. It's not "common sense" it's simple minded.

any chance you can post sources backing up this information? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious.

You know who else racially profiles?

Israel.

Just sayin...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I'm actually going to link you to Wikipedia. I'm sure I'll get some flak for this but in regard to the controversies surrounding Arpaio and the MCSO it does the best job of summarizing the information and providing sources. It should also be noted that I didn't even mention all the problems surrounding Arpaio and the MCSO. For example I didn't even touch on their policy to seemingly ignore cases of sexual abuse against children. There was even a case they dropped because the lead suspect was too busy to come in to be questioned. Once again I wonder how anyone can support this office (not saying you do.)

Joe Arpaio Controversies
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Controversies
edit on 5/26/2013 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What's your point? The point I and others have been trying to make is that many of Arpaio's supporters on this site are hypocrites. They rail against the federal government, other governments, and other law enforcement offices for committing the same acts as Arpaio and the MCSO; and yet for whatever reason Arpaio and the officers under him are raised up as heroes. Please explain this to me. You and others on this thread keep trying to draw the heat away from Arpaio by pointing out people who do the same things as him. You seemingly chastise them for these actions and yet in the same sentence seem to use this chastisement as a reason to support Arpaio for doing the same thing. Can someone please explain to me how this makes any sense whatsoever?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

My point there was that racial profiling goes on all the time, for example the NYPD with stop and frisk and Israel. You know what this whole thread is about, racial profiling and all.

Is this Sheriff guilty of crimes? Looks that way but the bigger criminals are running this country. Are you defending our federal gov't?

I don't really follow this Sheriff and all I really know about him is the way he conducts a prison and he was going after Obama's BC. Going after Obama is definitely going to be getting him into hot water with the feds. Too bad he wasted his time going after a damn BC instead of focusing on their real crimes. You gotta fight fire with fire, but this Sheriff failed miserably with his battles.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Nephalim

#in ridiculous ignorant opinions. Wait till they profile YOU for no reason at all, lets see then if you're ok with it.

While I understand why you’re upset about this unfortunate reality, you must understand that if you live in a state that borders Mexico, and you look Mexican, you’re going to face scrutiny. Your concerns are no different than Muslims trying to fly. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Don't take it personally!

Fine, I see your point, nothing personal taken. Soooo, who should we start investigating first?
Hmm? Bill Richardson? How about the very lovely Rosa Rios? Eva Longoria? Cheech Marin possibly? Or me? or the other 33 million Mexican Americans living here?
Sounds like lots of legal fun to me, if you dont mind going broke, bogging down the legal system, and likely losing every case that is.

I recognize Mr.Joes dedication, and appreciate his service. But there's a way to do things, and a way not to. We all just expect to be treated like anyone else. No better, no worse.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
In a state with horrendous illegal immigrant problems from Mexico, it would seem to me that all legal Hispanics should have ID that would quickly satisfy any S.O. deputy that should pull them over.

Am I missing something???

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

In a state with horrendous illegal immigrant problems from Mexico, it would seem to me that all legal Hispanics should have ID that would quickly satisfy any S.O. deputy that should pull them over.

Yes looks like you're missing everything apparently.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Ok but are you pulling AMERICANS over because theyre brown or because they were speeding?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What about Hispanic American citizens? think they should carry their papers every where they go?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

What about Hispanic American citizens? think they should carry their papers every where they go?

If i were getting pulled over because I'm white. I'd have my driver's license and even my passport ready to be off in a hurry. It's just that simple. Unless you've got something to hide.

If a deputy were stupid enough to detain me, I would ask "Am I being detained?" If he said yes, then I would ask "why?". If he said NO, then I would ask " Am I free to go?"

If he detains someone, he must have a reason. Lack of reason would not set well with the Prosecuting attorney.
edit on 27-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I love how the righty's scream about their rights being taken or ignored but when it comes to minorities....they are all for it.

Cops targeting Blacks for stop and frisk...OK with them...Cop pulling over Mexican Americans and being asked to show their papers...basically being profiled...OK with them. Muslims are anyone resembling them..it is OK to stereotype them and fear them...because you know..just maybe.

Cop stops someone with a gun...they scream...how dare they. Cops do anything against white people..it is the worst thing that could ever happen.

Am I playing the race card? Yep..because it is there to be played. Since a lot of pedophiles are older white men...should we be suspicious of all older white men..around our children...is this OK with them?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

I seem to recall a case where the person detained wasn't even driving the car. They were a passenger. The driver was allowed to go but this person was brought down to the station simply for being Hispanic. This goes far beyond someone being unable to produce an Driver's License at a traffic stop.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join