It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Sent to Prison for Pummeling Man in Cuffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Not every bad cop gets away with it, and it's worth sharing when a story comes along showing just such a bad cop getting what he richly deserves for abuse of the public. I don't believe a large %, let alone a majority of cops are bad. However, given the nature of the work and contact with the public, it doesn't take but a few to go bad and a bunch more to just say nothing about it, for all to become tainted, IMO.

Frank Carter, 43, pleaded guilty to violating the civil rights of an arrestee, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

"Carter admitted that on May 26, 2012, while using his authority as a LPD officer, he struck a male victim who was handcuffed and detained in the backseat of Carter's patrol car. Carter admitted he struck the victim several times," prosecutors said.

There just isn't much question on this one. He kinda HAD to admit to it. He chose the moment to beat on a suspect that his own dash cam's rear facing lens happened to be on and recording audio and video.

"According to information presented in court at the time of the plea, rear facing dash camera audio and video recordings revealed Carter had yelled obscenities at the victim while he punched the victim in the head and body. Carter also repeatedly slammed the victim's face into the back of the seat.
(Source: Courthouse News)

I predict his year in prison will be....challenging. I'm thinking community service as his other half of the sentence requires, will be fun and quite enjoyable by the time it comes, at the end of his prison time.

At least some bad cops are just as stupid as some bad guys on the other side. They get caught just as easily in some cases. I wonder how many other people this cop had abused and not been filmed with though?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
SnF

I don't want to go to jail but if it is with a crooked cop, I would love to be locked up with him. May all the people that he had beaten wish him a very big WELCOME stick and beat the crap out of him. What goes round will come around like sunrise.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The officer must have thought to himself he could probably get away with it because someone would cover for him but he must have read the wrong department policy.

Its good to see Laredo P.D. doing the right thing instead of trying to cover this up.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The judge allowed Carter to remain free on bond and voluntarily turn himself in to a federal prison "in the near future," prosecutors said.

And the judge is making him to turn himself in to federal prison. It's good to see some justice.
edit on 25-5-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They should of thrown the book at the officer to make an example out of him for other officers to think twice before abusing a person rights. If we ever hit a police officer we would receive more than one year in jail for it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

The judge allowed Carter to remain free on bond and voluntarily turn himself in to a federal prison "in the near future," prosecutors said.

And the is making him to turn himself in to federal prison. It's good to see some justice.

Ouch. That's a bit rough. Shouldn't they start with something a little more comfortable. Maybe a padded cell.

I know I'd rather turn in to something padded than instantly become a federal prison.

Oo

top topics

join