It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in Sweden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It seems that not even liberal tolerant Sweden is exempt from the current immigration problems. Six days and nights of violence have now spread out of the capital and shows little sign of stopping any time soon

BBC News

I think it is becoming clear that integration is simply not happening and cultural divides are a major stumbling block to this. As I have always said, some cultures can integrate and co-exist others can't and no amount of legislation or criminalisation will solve that problem. We are all individuals with our own histories and beliefs and to expect that the entire world full of such individuals can just rub along nicely is complete pie in the sky.

What I've never quite understood is that if you are emigrating, then surely you research and find the best country suited to you and your family, to start a new and often better life, so why then do so many immigrants flock together and create almost the same problems and ghettos they left behind? The criminal gangs that cause so much strife in poorer countries are infiltrating these ghettos and the situation just continues, only in another country. Unless people are willing to emigrate and forgo certain aspects of the culture they left behind I don't see how this can change

I wish I had a solution as I'm sure most people do but I do have to wonder if there is a bigger picture we are not privy to with the Governments of the world and racism and immigration generally

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

I think, personally, that immigration is secondary to the rioting.

The economic malaise infecting every nation is coming to a head. I anticipate more rioting everywhere. Not just Sweden and not just focused around immigrants.

Just look at the stop-gap measures being taken to shore up the EU and America!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What most fail to understand that 90-95% of those (so called immigrants) are actually refugees “displaced/misplaced by the UNHCR” from the wars created and supported by the westerners, of course they don’t wish to integrated since their beloved home land is either under the occupations or under the constant bombing.

I am not supporting their behaviour, but what would you do when you live a life that is not created for you.?

This is certainly not a dignified life…..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

But surely a life in Sweden with its generous welfare and housing and liberal attitude is far far better than a life in Afghanistan so why on earth don't they want to make the most of it? In a way its like being given a second chance at life without bombing and war!

We humans whilst claiming to be individuals, don't seem to have lost the ancient pack/den mentality and seem to have a need to congregate and live together with like minded, and we all saw in the 70's and 80's just how powerful that pack mentality could be with the massive amount of football hooliganism across europe. I can understand how living with people of the same culture would be attractive but if you have chosen to emigrate (not forced) then surely thats the attitude and mentality you are wishing to avoid.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Keep an eye on the UK this weekend
I could be wrong but I think it might start here aswell, We have the EDL and state funded UAF going for it today in various locations

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Yup quite possibly. Any excuse for a good old riot and of course some looting (sigh)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hope everyone stays safe out there with all that going on. The European Authorities, not to mention local national authority simply cannot let it go on much longer, IMO. It could actually spread and much of Europe is of similar demographic as I understand things at the moment. Not a good time for wider rioting to break out. I'm just hoping the authority don't let it go so far that restraint is no longer feasible. It could get real ugly before being ended?

They will..absolutely will..end it though. I think it's simply the last thing they want to do, especially given where it's broken out. Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to this earlier thread >> Youth Rioting in Stockholm.

Thread closed.

top topics

join