It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Forums degrading into slugfests!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Some people post threads condusive to fights. Something like " All liberal woosies, check this out"- This is immediately going to get a bad response and those who answer go in fighting.

Then there are those who dont agree with you, thats ok, but they proceed to call you things like intellectual midget, narrow minded...you get the picture.

Then there are the board stalkers- who sign onto ATS for the sole purpose of looking up your latest post and debunking everything you've said and also make coments on the post of your mental capabilities.

Some will even go as far as comenting on your writting skills and how you must be an idiot if you mispelled something- dont take into account that some may have a language barrier- I myself know 3 languages fluidly and have problems in this area....oh...but what a great thing it is to know 3 languages!

Lastly, the whiners and moaners, who will u2u the mods to point out you over "quoted" or you over "copied and pasted"- If they could, they'd have your mouth washed out with soap, since they cant, they go to the MODS in hopes your 20 or 50 points will be taken away. How childish.
Heyyyyyyyy....leave my points alone- I understand when i get to 60,000 points, i go on a free trip to Hawaii, courtesy of ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
apology accepted wholeheartedly no fear_007.
Personally I have nothing against pakistanis. I've stayed in Islambad for 3 years..(dad was in the high commision) and made really good paki friends there. Infact in the international school we'd be on one side on almost all issues, afterall we're the same race aren't we?

IMHO partition was a grave mistake by both sides. We'd have been much more today together.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I got "warned" for calling somebody a "twit" and an "insolent brat"!!

Now how profane is that?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Let me see...maybe this will help explain how, Daedalus3?

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

Refresher: You did read and agree to these, did you not?

seekerof

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I got "warned" for calling somebody a "twit" and an "insolent brat"!!

Now how profane is that?

Insults, whether profane or not, are one of the negative behaviors the staff are trying to discourage.

It is best to confine one's posts to the topic and the posts of others.

Name-calling and personal attacks are, by definition, off-topic and contribute nothing useful to any discussion.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Daedalus3 wrote:

Infact in the international school we'd be on one side on almost all issues, afterall we're the same race aren't we?

Actually the people of India, Pakistan, central asia, and the middle east are caucasians. Just like me. I remember seeing a documentary where they showed kids in a aryan village in Iran or Iraq. Some of those kids had light hair and blue eyes. This only proves the contention that there is more variation in a race than between races.

The U.S. is India's ally and recently we asked them to retarget there nukes away from Pakistan and toward China.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Let me see...maybe this will help explain how, Daedalus3?

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

Refresher: You did read and agree to these, did you not?

seekerof

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Seekerof]

yeah I did but my point is Ive seen many more profanites go unattended, while twit and insolent brat may not be characterised as profane!!
Now how profane is profane??

Or is it moderator discretion along with improper timing? I hope not!!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Actually if I recall several posts in that thread were warnable based on the T&C of the board. Not to mention off topic as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
The U.S. is India's ally and recently we asked them to retarget there nukes away from Pakistan and toward China.

What are you talikng about?!!! CAn you give me some links??!!

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Afganistan had nothing to do w/ the Taliban, Usama. It had to do w/ keeping Central asia republics out of the chinese sphere. Pakistan is in China's pocket so we have a special interest there. Russia is in our sphere. Taiwan, Malaysia,Japan,and the Philipines are in our sphere. India does not cowtow to anyone, but they are democratic and they will be onboard for a drawing of a curtain around chinese agression.

I am not in any one camp, but the 21st century will be about containing chinese adventurism.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Actually if I recall several posts in that thread were warnable based on the T&C of the board. Not to mention off topic as well.

My point exactly, and I think by the time I got to posting on that particular thread, it had gotten so way out of hand that maybe warnings were issued for infringements that wouldn't have been issued if the incident was isolated. Unfortunately for me it was my first post to contribute to that topic and I got the whack on my wrist!!
IMHO unfair.
I still think that twit and insolent brat are mild insults considering the history of that discussion and my negative contribution to it, bu that's just me.

Check it out an voice your opinions, if thats ok with everybody:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw this thread is getting off topic as well!!

I pity the moderators..Where are they going to put this one now?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Afganistan had nothing to do w/ the Taliban, Usama. It had to do w/ keeping Central asia republics out of the chinese sphere. Pakistan is in China's pocket so we have a special interest there. Russia is in our sphere. Taiwan, Malaysia,Japan,and the Philipines are in our sphere. India does not cowtow to anyone, but they are democratic and they will be onboard for a drawing of a curtain around chinese agression.

I am not in any one camp, but the 21st century will be about containing chinese adventurism.

IMHO Afghanistan was containing China right from the beginning. Whether it was the taliban in power or the Northern Alliance. Maybe you care trying to refer to the taliban-pak-china link. Valid point, but the flaw is that irrespective of 9/11 the Russians and the Indians (who were already overtly and covertly respectively supporting the Northern Alliance) woulnd't ahve allowed chinese influence to seep into central asia.India and Russia see central asia as a region of image projection.
IMHO the 21 st century will be about massive re-organising of worlds powers and their alligences to each other...

Also in orer to assist moderators in finding a more suitable thread for this discussions I humbly recommend furhter discussions on world alliances, foreign affairs etc etc be shifted to the thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
interesting thread,i'm bumping this one

PS.there's a thread(created by me)somewhere in this forum about asking questions of the human brain.We might need to see what triggers emotions

top topics

<< 1   >>

join