It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Forums degrading into slugfests!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Picked this up from the aircraft forum because it was more about generalised mudslinging than that based on aircraft.. lol

reply by fear_007
First thing, FORGET an Ind-China collaboration. When I say nobody likes India, i got proof. ALL of the Indian neighbours hate them. China, Bengladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, u name it. And Russia was with you all the way eh? China had sent 7 of their best working aircrafts and had volunteered to send their best pilots out to help Pakistan if they wanted any help when the tensions between India and Pakistan had amounted recently, also, u nevr twisted no arms buddy. In the little fights that took place at the border at the time, the number of Indian casualties was nearly double than that of Pakistan according to your own beloved ZEE TV News, so I think that if there really had been a war, India would have been the one who wouldve gotten their asses whooped. and also, Russia didn't do sh*t for u guys. We're afraid of the West? it's been you throughout the history who have been under the boot of the westerners. If you werent, wouldnt you have demanded back the Kohinoor from the Queen? No, u aint got the balls dawg. India has the most religious violence of ANY other country in this world. The military aggression in Kashmir, and the recent Hindu-Muslim rivalries in Gujrat was it? are perfectly good examples. The Sikhs of India want out. They want to separate away and form their own coutnry, Khalistan or some other sh*t. U cant deny that b*tch. The Muslims who had stayed back in india at the time of separation r regretting now because it hasnt changed much since then. They are still looked upon as a minority. And that mohajir sh*t u were talking is all ur own media. Once u get into Pakistan, ur known as a Pakistani. Hell, even the Christians and Hindus in Pakistan are happier than the Muslims and Sikhs in India. India isnt even half as united as Pakistan is. What percentage of Indians know the national language? yeah b*tch just 83, what percentage of Pakistanis know their national language? 100%. Teh nuclear scientist who sold the technology to other countries is still very much a Pakistani and i dont know how that proves they are divided. As a matter of fact, even after he did so, the Americans couldnt do sh*t coz the Pakistani govt backed him up. The person who took the nuclear technology to India from Pakistan and created the atomic bomb for you guys was also a Pakistani if you remember. Pakistan had the nuclear technology since 1988, but we didnt develop the bomb coz we couldnt afford it. In 1998 when india tested their bomb, it didnt take long for Pakistan to retaliate. By the way, the Pakistani leader is in power in a lot more democratic way than Dubya. Shia Sunni rivalries are the its lowest point in a long time. Listen buddy, nothing you said in ur post was valid. i just proved it. So go ahead, search through ur history book and write some more sh*t and i'll just make u look like a fool again.
The only reason u said that 'If india and china became friends' sh*t was o bcoz u really want peace with the hinese but bcoz ur too afraid to say ANYTHING to the chinese. They could kick ur a$$ any day any time. Remember in 1998 when india tested their bomb and one of ur leaders said that china was afraid of them now. what did the chinese official say to that? it wouldnt take us longer that 5 days to defeat india even without using any nuclear power. This was stastically proven.

Is it just me or is there something drastically wrong with this post? :puzz:
In terms of factuality that is....posts like these is what turn forums into mudlslinging...

Lets see who can point out the maximum number of inconsitencies in this
post. Ive NEVER seen a baseless post like this....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Maybe they should make a 500 ats points entry just like the mud pit

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
While I appreciate your concern on this Daedalus3, it would be better submitted in Board Questions:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And can you post a link tot he thread you have in question?

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Picked this up from the aircraft forum because it was more about generalised mudslinging than that based on aircraft.. lol

reply by fear_007
First thing, FORGET an Ind-China collaboration. When I say nobody likes India, i got proof. ALL of the Indian neighbours hate them. China, Bengladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, u name it

*number 1, Ghurkas serve in the Indian army*.

And Russia was with you all the way eh? China had sent 7 of their best working aircrafts and had volunteered to send their best pilots out to help Pakistan if they wanted any help when the tensions between India and Pakistan had amounted recently

*please quote the news article/gov't communique*

, also, u nevr twisted no arms buddy. In the little fights that took place at the border at the time, the number of Indian casualties was nearly double than that of Pakistan according to your own beloved ZEE TV News, so I think that if there really had been a war, India would have been the one who wouldve gotten their asses whooped

*The Bangladeshis won freedom from Pakistan through armed insurgency, they're even smaller and poorer*

. and also, Russia didn't do sh*t for u guys. We're afraid of the West? it's been you throughout the history who have been under the boot of the westerners. If you werent, wouldnt you have demanded back the Kohinoor from the Queen? No, u aint got the balls dawg. India has the most religious violence of ANY other country in this world

*Hello NI, hello Israel/Palestine?Chechnya? Former Yugoslavia?*

. The military aggression in Kashmir, and the recent Hindu-Muslim rivalries in Gujrat was it? are perfectly good examples. The Sikhs of India want out. They want to separate away and form their own coutnry, Khalistan or some other sh*t. U cant deny that b*tch. The Muslims who had stayed back in india at the time of separation r regretting now because it hasnt changed much since then. They are still looked upon as a minority

*umm, because they ARE a minority - that is, there are less of them*

. And that mohajir sh*t u were talking is all ur own media. Once u get into Pakistan, ur known as a Pakistani. Hell, even the Christians and Hindus in Pakistan are happier than the Muslims and Sikhs in India. India isnt even half as united as Pakistan is

*Pakistan united? Heard about the Mosque attacks recently? Sunni vs who? Not Christians*

. What percentage of Indians know the national language? yeah b*tch just 83,

*What percentage speak English, the lingua franca? There are 600 dialects in India*

what percentage of Pakistanis know their national language? 100%.

*Everybody speaks Urdu? Or is that not the national language?*

Teh nuclear scientist who sold the technology to other countries is still very much a Pakistani and i dont know how that proves they are divided. As a matter of fact, even after he did so, the Americans couldnt do sh*t coz the Pakistani govt backed him up

*his name's Khan. He still runs the nuclear program then, on full gov't salary?*.

The person who took the nuclear technology to India from Pakistan and created the atomic bomb for you guys was also a Pakistani if you remember. Pakistan had the nuclear technology since 1988, but we didnt develop the bomb coz we couldnt afford it. In 1998 when india tested their bomb, it didnt take long for Pakistan to retaliate. By the way, the Pakistani leader is in power in a lot more democratic way than Dubya

*Really, elected a by a majority of the popular vote was he? Stuck to his constitutionally-mandated pledge to step down as Army chief has he?*

. Shia Sunni rivalries are the its lowest point in a long time

*Mosque bombings and shootings notwithstanding*

. Listen buddy, nothing you said in ur post was valid. i just proved it

*can't comment, didn't read the original, still waiting for the proof, though*

. So go ahead, search through ur history book and write some more sh*t and i'll just make u look like a fool again

*Look in the mirror. A wise man knows when to shut up, only a fool talks forever*

. The only reason u said that 'If india and china became friends' sh*t was o bcoz u really want peace with the hinese but bcoz ur too afraid to say ANYTHING to the chinese. They could kick ur a$$ any day any time. Remember in 1998 when india tested their bomb and one of ur leaders said that china was afraid of them now. what did the chinese official say to that? it wouldnt take us longer that 5 days to defeat india even without using any nuclear power. This was stastically proven

*when and by who?*.

Is it just me or is there something drastically wrong with this post? :puzz:
In terms of factuality that is....posts like these is what turn forums into mudlslinging...

Lets see who can point out the maximum number of inconsitencies in this
post. Ive NEVER seen a baseless post like this....

LL1

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Displacement of Anger?
Sometimes people come to the forums in all types of moods,
personal issues have got them down, we then are all set up as targets.
We then may get drawn into their bad mood/feelings.

In other words, misery loves company.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Displacement of Anger?
Sometimes people come to the forums in all types of moods,
personal issues have got them down, we then are all set up as targets.
We then may get drawn into their bad mood/feelings.

In other words, misery loves company.

I find myself falling into that trap and try to hold back my "gut" feelings alot.

Its difficult when it come to ones country or politics and so on.

I don't believe it belongs in the science or tech forums though.

I do appreciate this board and know that it will improve.

Thanks for the opportunity to express here

Enigma

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
^^ What was that with howlrunners post. Is that his post or has he just quoted everything???

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm just going to address the thread title, not the material, because the thread title says something I agree with.

The bashing of various kinds is getting old, and I'm getting tired of having to scroll through it.

I'm not sure what the solution may be, but I wouldn't mind seeing this nonsense go away, whatever may be required.

This board deserves better posts than most of the ones I have seen today.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
While I have not personally read this thread, nor do I feel inclined to do so, there is one thing that I have noticed over and over.

There are many people on ATS that have a high level of intelligence, most people of this caliber tend to have dry senses of humor. Unfortunately that often comes across to others as arrogance, sarcasm, and being a general smart a$$. I think that this leads to many of the losses of temper on the site.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I think that this leads to many of the losses of temper on the site.

A lack of adequate self control leads to all of them.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A lack of adequate self control leads to all of them.

True enough, but I think the idea of being made fun of pushes some people over the boarder of their control.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
See theres a differnce in being made "fun" of and simply pointing out the facts. The problem is we are in a multi nationality environment here w/o the required diplomatic skills to communicate with each other. Hence patriotism emlotions etc take over instead of logical reasoning.

Like in the starting thread, its obvious taht the poster is enraged but the comments he makes are nonsensical.Anybody with a decent amount of knowledge on the subject can figure that out.

In contrast if claims are made with enough logical reasoning to support them(even links arent required) then they can be considered as a valid point of view if nothing more. But what no_fear007 posted was nowhere close to reasonable and the excuse of "ones sentiments being hurt" is not applicable here.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We try not to point fingers at people, issues like this are better handled by u2uing a mod or hit the Suggestions button. This really isn't Board Biz. more of an issue.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
^^^ Frankly IMHO if somebody posts such vitriol on a thread itself the IMHO U2Uing him/her will just induce another onslaught of vile insults.The real issue here the posters themselves and although im not singling a particular poster my evaluation is that this class needs to be dealt with in a way that supercedes warnings and U2Uing.

E.g: In one post my posts I used the phrase "dumb arabs" and moderator FredT was prudent enough to point that violation out to me via U2U. And thats just "dumb arabs". thats all I said...Of course i apologised and edited my post immediately, thus such a medium of U2U notification was effective. But when pronaties are purposely posted then, I doubt U2Uing will help rectify things. Hence other action must be taken., and IMHO warnings and even banning is not the solution....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It all boils down to whether you are the kind of person who likes heated debates or not, generally i tend to sterr clear of discussion of a heated matter.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
^^^You mean profanities are part n parcel of heated debates?...I don't think so, at least I don't hope so!!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
To some members profanities come naturally i mean 1 has to take it on the chin sometimes.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
IMHO posters resort to profanities when they know that they cannot porve their point of view in a rational manner, either due to lack of info or due to the fact that their frustrated that they cannot prove what they are saying..Its a "last resort " mechanism....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
we all need a place to express our thoughts and feelings.to debate or talk about issues is not a bad idea.we form better communications skills in the end hopefully. there is not one person who sees the world the same way anyways. why would we want that in the first place....flukemol

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
aight, i didnt know my posts were that bad. I accept that i might have taken the blaming and stuff too far. I apologise and asure you it won't happen again. You wont be seeing any more hate-posts from me. Well, maybe unless someone really pushes it too far.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join