It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants to treat 'E Cigarettes' like normal cigarettes.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah...gotta be better than amphetamine (speed) based pharma's eh?

edit on 28-5-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I could jump in my car, drive down the street a couple miles, shoot back home, and produce more harmful fumes during that time than a thousand cartons of e-cigarettes!

I wonder how many of you hypocrites drive? If you’re so damned upset about e-cigarette emissions, I suggest you give up that car you’re driving! I doubt any of you complaining are willing to do so!

Do you liberal, tree-hugging, self-righteous idiots ever stop?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

If you say say it's safe I should be ok and I don't agree with BanTV, but it's usually just users and manufacturers saying it's safe. I go into offices where there are vapor users and non vapor users complaining they can smell the vapor or complaining about headaches from the scent. So thru an argumentive 50/50 meeting it ended up being banned in the office. Also every office building or business I do work in has it banned as well. With that distinct cherry/vanilla/whatever flavor they happen to be using scent wafting thru the air, you CAN'T convince me that there is nothing else in the air with all that scent. But I get disturbed by the horrible scent of a bad dook when going into a mens room and cover my face with my shirt though it doesn't help, phobic a little. I hate thinking I'm breathing in someones fecal and urine scent particles. So maybe my sensitivity is a bit high and I'm being paranoid. I don't care, I see that nice fat hit of vapor cloud shooting out of a users mouth and hear everyone say nothing's in it, magical stuff then. Oh I mean only trace amount, still don't care, do it out in the open, just not enclosed with others. Don't fart in an elevator either.

edit on 27-5-2013 by jimmyb0nz because: typo

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyb0nz

Well, it's more likely the flavourings were the culprit to your office staff who decided to go "lord of the flies" on the matter.

The flavourings are the same used in the food and fragrance industry which many people have high sensitivities to. Perhaps the order of the day would be to restrict the types used while in the workplace, but you'd probably have the anal staff workers psychosomatically creating some problem in their head anyway... thereby making it a futile matter.

In Canada, while the sale and import of it is restricted because of already made regulations concerning nicotine (as a pharmaceutical ingredient) the regular juice without any nicotine is under no restriction, and does not fall under preexisting conditions. People in your office could have given the big F U. . . but then again, there's always the private corporation and its power of restricting it anyway.... just as it's unacceptable to drink in the work place.

You ought to just sign up for work at the Foxconn plant. People these days force themselves into a mouse cage I swear...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanTv

Originally posted by MysterX
not least the recent decision to prescribe it to overweight and obese kids to lower appetite.

Really?! Now that's interesting! It's gotta be better than some other stimulants and chemical cocktails used as weight loss solutions. Cool. Thanks for that.

I did try to answer your post BanTv, explaining that nicotine in cigarettes or in ecigs is not the harmful element, but the the other chemicals added to tobacco are.

I did go on to try and clarify and quatify that statement, by showing that nicotine being prescribed as an appetite suppressant to fat or obese kids (and adults) is considered much safer that current 'slimming' aid drugs and pharmas that ARE currently prescribed by a doctor...namely amphetamines and amphetamine based pharma drugs...but, an overzealous mod must have decided the mention of ligitamate and properly prescribed drugs, by thousands of doctors no less...is somehow an off topic post and removed it.

But the truth is the truth, regardless of how mods here decide to react to it.

Pharma drugs, considered fairly dangerous street drugs have been prescribed for decades as 'slimming pills', given to both children and adults alike...i can't help that, i don't agree or endorse the practice of given hard drugs to people to help them lose weight.

The point is, in relation to ecigs and / or cigarettes, that Nicotine is considered safer to prescribe and has the same result as the hard stuff...reduces appetite and has a calming effect.

It IS addictive though, so i would not recommend anyone use cigarettes or ecigs that deliver nicotine. With ecigs we have the choice to vape nicotine laced eliquid, for ex-smokers use, or to have juice with zero nicotine content at all...(yes naysayers, we can have juice with ZERO nicotine in it at all)...plus, there are even moves to research other chemical delivered by ecigs, like Vitamin C, Male 'enhancers' (yes...that kind) and other things.

Try asking for a nicotine free cigarette, or one that helps you 'perform', or fight off a cold...and you're gonna be out of luck. An ecig is a different story altogether.

Hopefully, i've shown that my point, although not as long winded as this one, WAS on topic.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

So true.
The hypocrisy of some people never fails to astound me.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is all so strange on so, so many levels.

E-cigs are not big tobacco or big pharma. Not invented there, fewer or even no profits for them, so it cannot be. Therefore, they will likely go the way of any engine or energy source that did not benefit big auto or big oil. Shame really, because they probably would save a lot of lives, and certainly with less harm that most of pharma's "legal" drugs with their perfectly acceptable side effects, many of which are equivalent to if not worse than this product's.

What I find quite interesting about all this is how quickly they've sunk their tentacles into all the machines, including physicians and airlines and work places. No e-cigs on airlines or at work or in bars? Hmm. Why not? E-cigs actually remove just about every single freaking factor that the people who freaked out and banned them in all these places used as their arguments to begin with. So now it's become the actual nicotine that's bad and not the by products of the smoke and lighters and chemicals that made up 99% of the fault they found with cigarettes? Mind boggling. Seriously.

Oh and where was California and government in general when they introduced flame retardants linked to cancer, neurological deficits, developmental problems, and impaired fertility into the already toxic enough mix that was regular cigarettes to begin with to protect a few dumb asses smoking in bed and falling asleep with a lit cigarette or flicking it where it shouldn't have been flicked? Where was the "concern" and "protection" then?

And where are the correlating studies to prove that the incident of respiratory illness and cancer has dramatically escalated since the introduction of those flame retardants? Oh wait...doesn't matter because these people are consuming a legal product that kills already, so it doesn't matter that these people get just a little more poison pumped into them because they don't count and plus they pump even more money into pharma and medicine's and the government's coffers.

Yet anything that lessens the poisons and threatens their profits, like the e-cig...well naw we're not interested in that.

Just what the hell.

edit on 5/28/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

E-cigs are not big tobacco or big pharma. Not invented there, fewer or even no profits for them, so it cannot be. Therefore, they will likely go the way of any engine or energy source that did not benefit big auto or big oil. Shame really, because they probably would save a lot of lives, and certainly with less harm that most of pharma's "legal" drugs with their perfectly acceptable side effects, many of which are equivalent to if not worse than this product's.

What I find quite interesting about all this is how quickly they've sunk their tentacles into all the machines, including physicians and airlines and work places. No e-cigs on airlines or at work or in bars? Hmm. Why not? E-cigs actually remove just about every single freaking factor that the people who freaked out and banned them in all these places used as their arguments to begin with. So now it's become the actual nicotine that's bad and not the by products of the smoke and lighters and chemicals that made up 99% of the fault they found with cigarettes? Mind boggling. Seriously.

Luckily reality is a hard force to fight with. The reality is... is people love their damn esmokes. (And thank god for that cause I like them too.)

So what is the reality? Even with all the suppression attempts there have been (which are quite public and quite obvious) you simply can't keep a good product down.

This goes in the face of all those who cry "Free energy is being suppressed!!!"

The simple facts, is that in countries that esmokes remain in regulatory limbo, their trade is quite pronounced and you can easily find them if you look for them.

And in the places where they are on the boundary of regulation, many attempts in the US (for example) have been unsuccessful. And because most states have given in to public pressure when faced with the lobbying efforts of tobacco/pharma vs. the people, there will always be readily available esmokes just a state or two away.

The only way they are going to kill esmokes now is with a federal ban or taxation scheme and I just don't see it happening.

In the 20's and 30's blatant lies and yellow journalism worked because most of the public was dumber than now (hard to imagine right?) but because of the worldwide web, worldwide communications and access to opinions not of the government or bought out media, it's pretty hard for them to run campaigns that "esmokes will kill you and your family, beware! Save the children!"

It just aint gonna happen.

And if they try they will just create another black market.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
E-Cigs are the ultimate compromise.

Finally the smokers compromise and legislators still feel the need to stick them in the same bag as a dirty cigar.

----- On a side note:

I do love Cigars... but they are not really an addiction.... more a guilty pleasure that I indulge in every once in a great while... best served along side a good scotch.
edit on 28-5-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What an utter crock of poopie . I bet if you looked a bit closer,big tobacco is behind this.
E cigarettes completely piss them off because they make no money off of them.
If you use the patch or the gum,they make money . They have huge holdings in nicorette .
Yah. So if you smoke they make money ,if you quit they make money .
The E cigg slipped under their radar . When it started selling so well,they pitched a huge hissy fit.
As if these swine don't make enough money .Right ?

The only problem with the E cigg,is incidents of it exploding while in use ,but...its possible that's a planted story so .
See who's behind the bill and pushing it,and check their connections to big tobacco ,as there probably is one

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
bump

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Update...

Lots more information here...

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Biggest Myths

This is simply ludicrous...the whole lashback and the laws they're trying to pass. These things are saving health if not lives.

edit on 7/8/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A worldwide internet survey on vapers has just finished HERE.

I'm quite excited to see the result but will not be as surprised as most if not all of those I've known who have switched reported a very good improvement on their health and fitness.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ex smoker here, 14 years quit this July 26th.

After reading most of the posts, it sounds to me like the majority of the people responding in this thread, both for and against e-cigs, really need to kick back, relax and have a smoke! So uptight!

All kidding aside, personally I'd rather not have to be exposed to people vaping in public places regardless of what is or is not present in the exhale, not because of any possible side effects but because now, after all these years of "no smoking in public places" it just seems like bad manners (to me), and makes the vaper seem like an attention freak.

Kinda like that jerk talking real loud on his cellphone in public, it strikes me as an activity that's better performed in a more appropriate setting.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, I think people should be free to smoke or vape or whatever else they want (pro-liberty all the way) but they should exercise good manners too.

Good manners are severely lacking this day and age.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join