It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants to treat 'E Cigarettes' like normal cigarettes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nothing new here in KY. . .they already do that in places.

Second. . .for good form.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The people in this world get dumber and dumber with each passing day.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by jimmyb0nz
I think the e-cig is crap, you want to breathe something other than air, do it in your own area. Don't add nicotine to my breathing environment, I don't care what carcinogens you "think" aren't present. If I decide to vaporize some crack and blow it into your airspace, you may have some issues with that, but this is ONLY nicotine we're talking about, nothing harmful right? You're inhaling AND exhaling the substance that took me and many others an eternity to quit, fighting still to this day. It's a substance unnecessary for survival and if someone was puffin an e cig near my child I'd have something to say.

This is a ridiculous comment born of ignorance. Add nicotine to your breathing environment? Hardly. Many of these vaporizors do not produce a vapor so thick that very much of anything comes out on exhale. Some use a bit more of the base, so there is more vapor produced-- but the amount of nicotine in the solution is small, and because there isn't much else in the vapor (as opposed to tobbacco smoke) most of this is efficiently absorbed by the lungs of the person vaporizing.

You would literally have to suck the air out of the mouth of the person vaporizing to get any appreciable level of anything. Stop being paranoid and ridiculous.

Vaporize some crack? That sounds a lot like a straw man argument. The two drugs can not be compared.

If I puff an e-cig around you or your child, I double dare you to say something to me, friend. We'll see how that one turns out

You're words of research are very reassuring. Ignorance sounds like a pro e cig user getting a little too excited by the way you stalked my comments, which is fine, gotta have a hobby i guess. If you're looking to double dare me to do anything when it comes to my children, you'd lose for sure. I didn't tell anyone my words were fact, they were just my opinion, but you talk like your a research paper in itself.

Your comment in the second paragraph shows a lack of understanding of what was meant by sealing's comment-- on top of the fact that your own smart self made a point that is logically inconsistent with your own argument.
sure thing Spock

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just what I want to see on a nuclear submarine. The guy in control has a nicotine fit because he can't use an E-cig on board the sub and decides to nuke somebody, hopefully D.C.

One can only dream.

Must be something in the water in California

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by marhaba

HA HA HA, a study performed and peer approved by a vaporizing group. Sure, let's go back to the 80's and listen to tobacco lobbyists while we're at it.

The only other studies out there are by tobacco lobbies trying to ban esmokes because it kills their profit margins. So if you are taking a position against esmokes, that's what you're doing.

If you want, demand a third party, non-interest study to do peer reviewed testing. I doubt you are going to find many problems with esmokes though, especially compared to the alternative. In Canada, Health Canada restricted their sale simply because they have no substantiated "health claims"....

And I wonder, what claims do regular smokes have? That they'll give you cancer in prolonged use?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not sure what you mean but go for it. I'm not against the ecig or cigarettes and I don't care about anyones studies on their effects on people. I've used both products and even worse ones on myself. I'm not "save the children" or anything. All I said was don't crap in our public pool, do it in your own, just out of courtesy, enough people peeing in it already. Sorry someone is telling anyone what they can or cannot do in a public place, that sure does suck to have restrictions in life. I'm glad cigs were banned in restricted areas and I hope e cigs go the same way. Your entitled to disagree.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going down to the park naked to drink. It will only harm you if you look.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Nothing that they do out here in occupied California is a surprise to me anymore. We have absolute lunatics running this State right now. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

I think the e-cig is crap, you want to breathe something other than air, do it in your own area. Don't add nicotine to my breathing environment, I don't care what carcinogens you "think" aren't present. If I decide to vaporize some crack and blow it into your airspace, you may have some issues with that, but this is ONLY nicotine we're talking about, nothing harmful right? You're inhaling AND exhaling the substance that took me and many others an eternity to quit, fighting still to this day. It's a substance unnecessary for survival and if someone was puffin an e cig near my child I'd have something to say.

Yeah well I like oxygen so dont breathe in my space with all
the carbon dioxide your converting.

HA HA HA HA!! AWESOME ! LOL

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Not sure what you mean but go for it. I'm not against the ecig or cigarettes and I don't care about anyones studies on their effects on people. I've used both products and even worse ones on myself. I'm not "save the children" or anything. All I said was don't crap in our public pool, do it in your own, just out of courtesy, enough people peeing in it already. Sorry someone is telling anyone what they can or cannot do in a public place, that sure does suck to have restrictions in life. I'm glad cigs were banned in restricted areas and I hope e cigs go the same way. Your entitled to disagree.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going down to the park naked to drink. It will only harm you if you look.

With each response you have given in this thread you have made your self sound less and less convincing.. Your first post was Stated as if it was fact and very angry as well.Maybe your approach could be eased up on others ESPECIALLY if you admit your self you have done the same or "Worse" to yourself in the past. At that point in your life were you really concerned for the Health of others around you? Those who have not sinned step forward and cast the first stone... SO pipe down!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK all you whiners about this drug delivery system called an E-Cig is nothing more than an electronic needle put in your lips to get a dose of a highly addictive nicotine.... let's be honest

My question is why is it so available to start with.........

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Argument ad absurdem right?

Glycerol is not for breathing, it's a fairly new chemical carrier that very little research has been done on. Ever touched Glycerol, very slimy and wet. When heated it vaporizes, but as it cools condenses into a liquid form again. Not sure a slimy wet substance in your sensitive breathing organ is very good, but I'm no doctor.

The following video is a good one for someone like you:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
OK all you whiners about this drug delivery system called an E-Cig is nothing more than an electronic needle put in your lips to get a dose of a highly addictive nicotine.... let's be honest

Are you saying why are e-cigs available?

and yeah, it's a nicotine delivery system, just like cigarettes are. Minus the thousands of chemicals, tar, carbon monoxide, and plastic (EVA) they put on cigarette paper now to keep them "fire safe". Boy am I glad they put plastic in cigarettes to make them "safe".

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BanTv

I understand why the (ecigs) exist... I understand why people keep smoking .. the addiction ..... I just think that nicotine should be even more regulated..... nicotine is more addictive than crack coc aine ... yet it remains legal ......

by using the rational of keeping nicotine legal would equate to legalizing a substance as addictive heroin ......

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DjembeJedi

again someone with nothing relevent to say. Ease up on approach? Like how you just approached me with nothing on the topic but only on my responses to others. All my replies are in response to others personal replies on an opinion I had. They were just asking to be responded to. so pipe up
Smoke all you want, I don't care. Read my original post and keep it on topic. Again, to ALL, I am all for what this topic was started on, banning e cig puffing in public enclosed areas and I stated just that. I never quoted or stated any facts, only opinion. So as flattering as they are, replies are unnecessary.
edit on 25-5-2013 by jimmyb0nz because: had to take some xanax

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Oh and you must have missed my post talking about the addictive properties of nicotine. Nicotine BY ITSELF is actually NOT "highly addictive". It's the nicotine+MAOI's in cigarettes that make cigarette addiction extremely hard to stop. Which means after using e-cigs for a while, people can step down to 0 nicotine much easier than cold turkey. If you aren't addicted to cigarettes, this doesn't concern you. Some of us want to live longer and healthier lives by QUITTING SMOKING.

Do you seriously have a problem with that?
edit on 25-5-2013 by BanTv because: edit

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by BanTv

I understand why the (ecigs) exist... I understand why people keep smoking .. the addiction ..... I just think that nicotine should be even more regulated..... nicotine is more addictive than crack coc aine ... yet it remains legal ......

by using the rational of keeping nicotine legal would equate to legalizing a substance as addictive heroin ......

Yes, smoking tobacco as a nicotine delivery method is more addictive than most hard drugs. Nicotine is NOT. So you think cigarettes can just stay readily available, but the ONLY easy way to quit smoking should be highly restricted? That's ridiculous. Who should highly regulate nicotine, big pharma? Oh that's cool. E-cigs can be hundreds of dollars a month to use instead of CHEAPER than buying smokes. That's a great incentive for smokers to quit. Of course the main incentive should be better health, but the price also helps people quit.

When cigarettes are no longer available, then we can talk about making it harder to obtain nicotine. In the meantime, don't you see that your idea would only help KILL people? Or you don't care because we messed up and picked up the habit when we were young and stupid?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I see both sides of this debate to some extent. Fine, ban e-cigs from stores, hospitals, schools, etc. But bars? Kids aren't allowed there and if someone doesn't like it they can find another bar. Restaurants where the owner/management okays their use? It should be allowed. Out and about in public? (train stations and such) You're out in the "fresh" air with exhaust from big rigs, cars and industry I highly doubt a little water vapor is going to pose any real danger.

I started using the e-cig in June of last year with a "cig-alike" that did nothing for my cravings for the real thing. By July my husband found something with a little more power and higher nicotine (24mg. vs the 18mg we tried at first) and I noticed that I was smoking fewer and fewer cigarettes every day. I finally kicked the smoking habit that month. I stepped down from 24 mg of nicotine to 20 mg and I'm currently at 18 mg until the bottles I have are empty when I'll switch to 12 mg. I can go hours without it, I couldn't go more than an hour without a cigarette a year ago. I took my cigarettes everywhere and smoked in my car on the way to the store and then again on the way home even if it had only been a twenty minute shopping trip. I was sick of the cravings and yet I had to take cigarette breaks while doing housework. Now I'll actually forget about it for hours at a time.

I understand that no one wants to be exposed to secondhand smoke and no one should be. I do not understand this need to control every aspect of another grown person's life. For years I've put up with the anti-smoking campaign, believing the "It's for our health and yours" line of B.S. spouted by the anti-smokers and the gov't. If that is true, they all should be happy that some of us have found a healthier alternative and let us be.
It's hard to believe this new campaign against e-cigs is anything more than big tobacco being ticked off that former smokers are taking their money elsewhere and the government is mad because they're not getting the huge taxes that they're used to. So everyone is throwing a temper tantrum because they feel like someone is getting one over on them when all we're trying to do is quick smoking....like they've been telling us to do for all these years.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen

I would like to see everyone not smoke any cigarettes or E cigs and see what the government says about that. They will not get a dime in taxes and then will hurry to find another way to tax people. Maybe tax every time you drink anything with alcohol in it. Now there they can collect more money then ever. In other words they love to overkill any product and when that disappears then they go find something else. Besides they never use the tax money for the intended purpose anyways.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

yeah!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Been vaping for 6 months now and feel tons healthier. California is California i am really surprised anyone wants to live there. I have heard of legislation in the works about regulating nicotine, but heinseit studies show its safer than prozac. If anyone's worried abut the effects of second hand vaping or even smoking for that matter, should really fear even going outside cause guess what every time you follow a car or it passes you on the street your ingesting thousands of times more chemicals than you would cigarettes and vaping.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join