It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California wants to treat 'E Cigarettes' like normal cigarettes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The only reason I'd consider this law to be a good idea, is to avoid people using ecigs in areas that smoking is not allowed. I work in the hospitality industry and you cannot smoke in bars, restaurants, or patios with a roof. It adds to the problem of people smoking in these areas when someone can be perceived as doing it freely from a distance, even if it is just an ecig.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Ryanssuperman

So you want government to intervene in private lives and private businesses, with all of its powers of enforcement and power to issue fines and send people to jail, not because of any public risk, but only to avoid a "perception" that someone might be smoking?

You want to make sure that not only must smokers be denied a place to socialize, the right to privacy and to consume a legal product in a hotel room that they paid for, just so that others don't LOOK like they are smoking????

Wow - you really believe in the ability of government regulation to create utopia, don't you?

So can you tell me Ryanssuperman, now that government and prohibitionist charities and lobbiest have cast smokers to the great outdoors - how will you prevent children from seeing smoking, thinking about what a rebellious act smoking has become and deciding that they want some of that action?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers
Reply to post by Bootyac

Germany here! They tried. We fought back! Victory!! ...this time

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Could you update me? E-Cigs back home in Germany are now entirely 'legal'???

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." –Mark Twain

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

flexy123

The gernan people lived under the tyranny of Hitler (including his anti-smoking campaigns and health campaigns) and they remember it well.

As a result, Anti-tobacco was never popular in Germany and has been resisted from the beginning. It is for this reason, that politicians have been unable to roll over the population on the e-cig issue, as they have in Canada and the United States.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
it should all be banned

and im an exsmoker

nicotine was the root cause of my heart attack at age 30, I smoked a little too much and nicotine is a vascular constrictor, it closed up one of the arteries under my heart and triggered a heart attack.

I didn't want to believe it at first but the doctor showed the video to me where they placed 2 stints and my cholesterol was normal but the nicotine had built up and not only acted like cholesterol but it causes veins to constrict.

to me what was the most sickening and I stopped smoking cold turkey with ZERO withdrawals was after he showed me a video of this experiment showing the vascular constrictive properties of nicotine with no additives on the video there's a pig artery in a petri dish looking thing. They add 1 drop of nicotine and the dead pig artery starts to tighten up and it curl like a snake very slowly as it tightens up.

that grossed me out and all want to smoke left me instantly.

I haven't smoked in 7 years. And I'd vote yes in a heart beat to ban it.
[SNIP]

but ban nicotine outright, blanket ban and burn all tobacco crops and give farmers the money and pay them to swap to cotton/corn/soybeans/peanuts/hemp as their bumper.

Yes Ecigs should be banned and all nicotine devices should be banned

you can't go to store and buy arsenic, strychnine, etc and nicotine should be on that list as pure nicotine is deadlier

What's most poisonous? Arsenic, Strychnine or nicotine?

If you guessed nicotine, you are correct. The lethal dosage for a 150 pound adult is 60 mg. The lethal dosage for strychnine is 75 mg and the lethal dosage for arsenic is 200 mg. In other words, nicotine is three times as toxic as arsenic and one and one half times as toxic as strychnine.

ban it all
edit on 25-5-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't want more legislation, period. BUT, sitting in a restaurant here in CA recently, 3 men were smoking these things in the restaurant and it bothered me. Bothered me that they found a way around the no smoking law and were basically blowing it in everyone's face.

I know I will probably be lectured for my feelings on this, but it has been nice living without smoke in public places, and i was a smoker and don't mind if people smoke.... outside.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Does that mean banning also all vegetables that we eat and deemed healthy but contains nicotine too?
Or you don't even know what you're talking about because you're incapable to think and research?

I'm pretty sure the root cause of your heart attack is not even nicotine but more on your obstinate and constricted views.
edit on 25-5-2013 by marhaba because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I could understand what your saying but it looks to me you're more bothered because they got around the no smoking law which technically they are not because it is not smoke. I agree with you though they should not use it inside restaurants but you sound like you're sourgraping you were not able to do what they did..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

By all means - lets have another drug war!!!!!

After all, we have been so successful in the war on Alcohol, opium, heroin, marijuana etc - lets do it all over again!

How can nicotine be good for me?

health.howstuffworks.com...

Over the past decade, new research has taught us more about how nicotine affects the brain and the body. Some of it is good news -- for example, a lower incidence of Alzheimer's disease in smokers.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

LOL, that sounds so stupid and the people who support it is more than stupid i don't even know what it's called.

This LINK by the way show common vegetables and their nicotine content, i'm astounded potato contains quite a lot of it. I could guess those against nicotine actually consume large heaps of french fries..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

no kidding, this isn't a thread on environmental carcinogens though, you can try a little harder on your rebuttal next time. But sure, let's add to to it with a restaurant or store filled with nicotine vapors or any other addictive psychoactive chemical willfully smoked, vaped, etc into our enclosed/open breathing environments by humans looking for a chemical "high". We were meant to put an oxygen mixture into our lungs for living purpose. Glycerol is not for breathing, it's a fairly new chemical carrier that very little research has been done on. Ever touched Glycerol, very slimy and wet. When heated it vaporizes, but as it cools condenses into a liquid form again. Not sure a slimy wet substance in your sensitive breathing organ is very good, but I'm no doctor. I've smoked both e cigs and cigarettes before so my own lungs can attest to the affects. Both make you cough, a reaction showing that the body is trying to expel a substance from it, not looking for more. I say all of this with only good intention for human health, not pointing fingers or trying to offend. People do what they do, noone has any right to judge others especially me.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

nicotine was the root cause of my heart attack at age 30, I smoked a little too much and nicotine is a vascular constrictor, it closed up one of the arteries under my heart and triggered a heart attack.

I'm afraid I don't believe you. A heart attack at 30? I think you're just fond of the pies. Cholesterol levels aren't really any indicator of risk as far as heart disease goes, either.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyb0nz
I think the e-cig is crap, you want to breathe something other than air, do it in your own area. Don't add nicotine to my breathing environment, I don't care what carcinogens you "think" aren't present. If I decide to vaporize some crack and blow it into your airspace, you may have some issues with that, but this is ONLY nicotine we're talking about, nothing harmful right? You're inhaling AND exhaling the substance that took me and many others an eternity to quit, fighting still to this day. It's a substance unnecessary for survival and if someone was puffin an e cig near my child I'd have something to say.

Yeah well I like oxygen so dont breathe in my space with all
the carbon dioxide your converting.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I doubt he will win on his fight against nicotine when he doesn't even know he may be ingesting it daily on what he eats, only way he can win is to stop breathing.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

good one liner, I guess. But once again, just another user posting comments irrelevant to the subject. Couple of spam comedians on a subject someone took time to create.

I'll tell you what, let's go into a nice restaurant after I eat some eggs and beans. We can test our arguments on what we like to be forced to breathe as opposed as to what is natural to the environment. You wouldn't enjoy breathing my fecal rot as I comment "it's perfectly natural and you breathe it everyday". You'd try to plug my anus with your boot in protest.

edit on 25-5-2013 by jimmyb0nz because: needed better explanation to the reply

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All these taxes on cigarettes, and other health involved items are from people who are trying to impose frustration and distraction upon us so we ignore the more important events happening. They're silently screaming.. DONT THINK, JUST OBEY.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Broke-arse California has nothing better to worry about?

It is about tax revenue and control. If they cared about the welfare of the public, they would ban alcohol and tobacco... and promote safer alternatives.

They don't care about your health.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyb0nz
reply to post by sealing

good one liner, I guess. But once again, just another user posting comments irrelevant to the subject. Couple of spam comedians on a subject someone took time to create
He could have pointed out that your incessant breathing while you are in closed public spaces can spread airborne diseases that could make someone ill, or even kill them.

If he had done that, I would have given him that star even more enthusiastically. :-)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

not a fight about anything guy, just a valid reply, unlike this. This isn't a subject of environmental pollution, it's about e cigs/nicotine vaporized into breathing space in an enclosed area. Nicotine, natural? yes. Adding it to your already built in supply by inhaling, your own personal choice. So I think it should be kept in your personal space and out of the public buildings/areas, same as any controlled substance. People jump on opposing posts in here but have nothing valid but one liners in reply. Aren't there admins for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join