It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Shot In The Leg At Redland Middle School Near Miami (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Student Shot In The Leg At Redland Middle School Near Miami (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

A teenage student was shot in the leg at a middle school south of Miami Friday afternoon, sending the campus into lockdown.

Miami-Dade Police said investigators were questioning a classmate who allegedly brought the firearm inside a backpack to Redland Middle School in Homestead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OMG. Luckily, that student was only shot in the leg but not in the chest or head. I am wondering where the boy got the firearm from. Maybe his irresponsible parents left the gun somewhere he knew then got it. More fortunately, it is just an accidental fire not a mass killing. If the US goverment does not control weapon ownership more strictly, we will have to see more undesired bloodshed.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Really?

Gun Violence Down in U.S.

Unfortunately, the government can't fix stupid - that's the real problem. And a case can be made that THAT is the problem the government has exacerbated!
edit on 24-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xnibiru

I am wondering where the boy got the firearm from. Maybe his irresponsible parents left the gun somewhere he knew then got it. More fortunately, it is just an accidental fire not a mass killing. If the US goverment does not control weapon ownership more strictly, we will have to see more undesired bloodshed.

www.huffingtonpost.com

ok you obviously not a Miami resident. As long as you personally know a person in quite a few parts of that town it would be quite easy to get a gun no questions asked. It was a teenager involved in an accidental shooting. leads me to believe he probably had a garbage street gun like a Davis, raven, phoenix, or any number of older out of production garbage pocket pistols that gangbangers keep around solely because of their easy concealment. those are the guns that can usually be purchased from your local teenage hoodlum for under $150.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

those are the guns that can usually be purchased from your local teenage hoodlum for under $150.

So dangerous. It is not good at all. You mean one can have gun in hands only with 150$ and he can go anywhere to shoot anyone??? I don't think human life there is that cheap.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
watch out guys/ladies we have a gun control cheerleader here.

i wonder what the school and neigborhood are like, some people carry illegal guns because there are so many around them doing the same thing, for them its just everyday protection, sucks for them

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This does not surprise me. That whole area in the Redlands is not really safe. I for sure would not have my [distant future] children attend any public school around that area. Thank goodness the child who was shot is alright though!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Really?

Gun Violence Down in U.S.

Unfortunately, the government can't fix stupid - that's the real problem. And a case can be made that THAT is the problem the government has exacerbated!
edit on 24-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

The government can adopt policies with greater eugenic effect so to some degree they can in fact fix stupid. The problem is that the government is run by pigs and they intend to create stupid, not fix it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The only thing the government needs to do to fix stupid is allow the administration in all public schools to paddle the kids once more, with no legal backlash so long as there was not sever injury in the process. Obviously I don't want the principal to crack the kids in the jaw or put them in armbars. But once kids stop believing they are God in school and the teachers their lowly servants, I would venture they will have more manners and respect in school, which in turn will lead to better grades across the board.

But we are that point of no return.

an FYI xnibiru, $150 is actually on the expensive side for the guns I mentioned and the related brands from the old days. Most of those would never sell for over $100!! Except to dumb teenagers who don't know any better because they think guns make them cool on the streets.

i wonder what the school and neigborhood are like, some people carry illegal guns because there are so many around them doing the same thing, for them its just everyday protection, sucks for them

Exactly and that is what a lot of these gun control maniacs just do not seem to understand. People actually have to live in neighborhoods where budgets do not allow for police to patrol routinely and are infested with everyday blatant crime. A stranger can and do walk into some of these blocks where it appears a group of youth are simply minding their business and chattin about their day. But once that stranger walks by, in many cases these youths will then harass, block, and demand their money and/or property. Most of the times they will then subsequently violently attack the poor bastard even if he/she does comply.

Those places do exist and people do not want to be a victim. I do not condone the fact that this student was carrying at school. However, I will not blame him for actually owning one if he feels he is always in danger in the neighborhood he lives in.

For crying out loud Chicago has places where you just do not go if you were not born and raised there. Gangbangers freely post up on the corners selling dope and flashing their illegal guns with impunity. The gun laws only make it harder for the poor saps that have to live and grow up there. And guess what, since the poor law abiding citizens are prevented from adequately protecting themselves, they have to join the next generation of crime in that community to survive.

If a homeowner in Chicago had the right to own an AK-47 or an AR, they may not be so afraid to actually name names and report crimes without fear of retaliation. because they would at least have a fighting chance when the local posse shows up around their building and surrounds the exits

Sorry for the rant. As far as the student, again I don't know much about the circumstances as the only thing the media wants everyone to hear is "gun, school, and shooting" but the fact that it accidently discharged I believe in his backpack would lead one to believe it was one of the older garbage pistols made during the "Saturday Night Special" days. Super cheap (poor craftsmanship) and very compact, just like ignorant teens prefer.

edit on 5/25/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel0101
This does not surprise me. That whole area in the Redlands is not really safe. I for sure would not have my [distant future] children attend any public school around that area. Thank goodness the child who was shot is alright though!

Yes, luckily he was only shot in leg not other sensitive places.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

You wanna know? Picture New Jack City only the people are more destitute. Everyone is a thief, trust no one there. Homestead Florida SUCKS and I do not know anyone that does not carry in that town. Oh and the Wal-Mart there has its own jail, or holding cells anyways, right out in the parking lot.

Oh and guns are easy to obtain here and you do not need a license or permit to have one. You only need one to conceal it in public (with exceptions), but if you just want to have a gun for your home or your car, then just get one.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by casablanca887

Lol, yes. Wish he wasn't shot at all though :/

Why can't these kids just go to school and go home, play video games and that's it? Sigh..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Primary reason is probably drugs. Most of them do want to do what you just said mel, but others want to make money selling dope to their peers. Its a very profitable business for hormonal teenagers, and can create some serious rivalries with the competition over a difference of 200$ a week for some netting about $1500 in the same period. if you are a teenager making over a thousand dollars a week selling powder, pills, and trees and someone comes on to the scene and now your only making about 900+ weekly you can become rather violent. This violence will cause the competition to become violent. Then innocent people get caught into this whirlwind and friends and relatives start getting hurt or worse yet, killed.

Assuming that the neighborhood does not generate enough property tax to even fund the school, let alone warrant the attention of the mayor or city council to justify eating into the budget of the local PD for increased patrols, the hard working and disillusioned students do what they have to just to make it through the school year. they find a means to protect themselves from the whirlwind of violence, by acquiring a weapon. Maybe its a gun, a knife, or a class IV laser device that can burn out retinas for $300. Either way, it gives them piece of mind because they now control their own fate and are not at the mercy of gangsters in a one sided fight.

If you can understand all that, you can understand why banning law abiding citizens from owning the means to protect themselves from criminals without restriction is a flawed solution.

Anyway, accidents happen. Sometimes kids accidently crash cars, and sometimes they accidently discharge a weapon. One thing is for sure, an accident should never be the precedent for anti-patriotic rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

join