It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Migrating Chocolate Bar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

So this is a weird one that has my imagination running rampant with possibilities.

Yesterday morning, after I left for work, I received a phone call from my girlfriend (who lives with me).
She tells me that after I left, she got up and moved our potted flowers onto the balcony ledge because it looked like it would be a nice sunny day. After she did that and went inside to get ready for work, she says she saw something on the plant that wasn't there before. Naturally, she went out to see what it was. Sitting on the flower pot was a fully wrapped Crispy Crunch chocolate bar.

As weird as it sounded, I told her the first ideas that started coming to me. "A crow must have put it there", I said, "or maybe it was a raccoon"...."or our neighbor could be playing a prank on us." ???

She said she left it there for me to check out when I got home from work.
All morning I couldn't get it out of my mind as I tried to theorize about how it got there. It bothered me so much that, on my lunch break, I drove home to check it out.

Sure enough, on the plant was a Crispy Crunch chocolate bar. I took a few pictures and then moved it onto a chair we have on the balcony. (Texting my girlfriend after to let her know I moved it so she wouldn't freak out more)

So before I get home from work my girlfriend texts me to tell me that the chocolate bar is no longer there, WTF?? (I work 12hr shifts, she does 8's).
Apparently she got home from work, saw the bar on the chair and examined it for awhile before going on her evening bike ride. When she got home from biking, it was gone.

This added a whole new level a complexity to the matter. I was comfortable before with the thought that someone may have tossed it up there, or dropped it down (though it would have landed pretty perfectly). Now that it was missing, I really had no logical explanation for it.

I rushed home after work to examine the scene. The bar was indeed gone. No obvious footprints or markings to suggest someone had climbed over the ledge...and no clues to help me out with this puzzle.

This gave me the whole evening to start coming up with possibilities. I'm open to everything from animals to aliens. My concern is that it's something sinister and not a playful prank or animal mischief. This concern comes from the timing of the two events. In the morning, after I leave for work and within a minute of my girlfriend putting out the plants...and then again after my girlfriend touches the candy and then leaves for a bike ride.

If I didn't decide to go home on my break then I would never have seen the bar and just assumed my partner was crazy or pranking me (I'm still open to this possibility as it's one that makes sense except that she is easy to read and she would have come clean about the whole thing by now)

I set up my video camera this morning before leaving for work and have it set to run all day...so hopefully something shows up when I go through the footage tonight.

Here's to hoping it's a crow....

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A crow-bar

Someone on the balcony dropped it, the wind blew it, they climbed down, or fished it up. Heck man, it's a good chocolate bar, I'd get it back too.
Maybe they spent the whole day formulating a plan to retrieve it?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I made my mother a cheesecake in my only spring form tin...the kind that has 2 parts..anyways...I totally forgot...and I needed that tin.,..so took a good part of a morning looking for it...searched my baking cupboard numerous times...and every part of the house till I realized I had sent it home with her when she last visited....but the interesting part is...next day..when I opened my cupboard...there on top of all the baking stuff ect...was the tin!!..balancing on top of my muffin tins...so no way I could of missed it...anyways I had sent it home with mother....but having said that...she doesn't remember any of it!! ughhh..and was not at her place anymore..cause I asked her to search..lol.....but luckily my husband did...and remembered me putting it in her car...either way...it turned up on top of all the things I had moved previously. Still spins me out

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There was a guy in Japan (I think it was Japan) who would come home to his apartment and realize that food was missing from his fridge. He couldn't quite figure out what was going on but he was sure he wasn't going nuts (he lived alone). He finally set up a camera in his apartment and it revealed that a homeless woman had gotten into his apartment and was living in a closet. He had her arrested. I hope you don't have a similar issue.

Good luck.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerrylee

Yeah it bothers me that this stupid bar is occupying so much of my thoughts and that it now has me setting up cameras and peaking out the window at every little sound I hear. It bothers me even more that it will probably never happen again and I will never fully know what happened out there yesterday.

...oh well, I guess the mystery is probably more fun than the actual truth. (one theory I came up with included a gang of thieves who use chocolate bars to tag their marks, different bars would mean different things...i.e. this place is loaded, or this place is a miss, etc)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blaqueice

I am wondering what time zone are you in? I am very interested in any footage you may get with your video camera.

I have thinking about your chocolate bar mystery ...and really right now I just don't have a clue.

edit on 24-5-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Bahahahahaha I'm sorry if this is really real and freaking you out brother. I hope your girlfriend isn't just playing a prank laughing that you fell for this, or that you aren't just making a silly post. Coming from a guy who has experienced red marks and legit creepy things, I know what it's like to be stumped for a long time about something that makes no logical sense, but when I read this, it just made me happy. I'd much rather be dealing with whatever entity you guys are dealing with. How negative can a chocolate bar be hahaha. Question: was there already a crispy crunch choco bar in your place?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceVindicator

To the poster above you, I'm in the Pacific Time Zone.

---

I know it sounds weird. I'm trying to keep it light-hearted because, like you say, it's a chocolate bar...
But I promise it is real. We have been together for 7 years and she swears that she had nothing to do with it. Just like I had to swear to her that I had nothing to do with it.

I'm slightly worried about the possibility of it being some sort of stalker type or "secret admirer" of my girlfriend. The whole thing is just enough to # with me, but not enough for me to be overly concerned or pro-active about it.

Giving the candy on the ledge was ok, taking it from further in on the balcony feels intrusive and creepy.

I'd be OK with it being supernatural, alien, or animal... but the thought of a person sneaking around my place leaving candies makes me want to sleep with a crow-bar under my pillow.

and no, I can't remember the last time we had any chocolate bars in my place...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I am leaning towards an animal being the culprit in this case, and I believe it was a bird.
Looking at the photo, it appears like the wrapper has been compromised along the edges. A squirrel or raccoon would have had no problem chewing through it and getting at the bar in short order. This looks more like the work of a bird, and it would take a larger bird to carry the bar, so I think your crow theory is the best.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
DP, oops.
edit on 24-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah, I'm thinking a large crow or raven.
The only thing about that theory is the placement of the bar. It just seems so purposely placed. Crows are crazy smart though and do bizarre things, so it wouldn't surprise me, it just seems peculiar....

I took the photo before I picked it up, so that is how/where it showed up

The wrapper was older and kind of worn down, like it had been left outside for awhile.

Nothing showed up on my footage from today, but I'm tempted to go over it one more time.

I also bought a new Crispy Crunch bar and will put it out there tomorrow, film it, and see if it attracts anything.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blaqueice

It's "The Moon People"!

I'm serious. There are people who live on the moon and sometimes they visit Earth. Not sure why they do this but it happens. I'm not even sure how they get here but I think there could be some connection with the ufo sightings.

Anyways on their visits they often times take things or leave things. Sometimes they return the things they take so I'm thinking whoever took the bar of candy forgot where he or she acquired the candy and decided to feed it to your plant.

Then after several hours perhaps the moon person remembered where he / she acquired the candy in the first place and since your plant didn't eat the candy he or she took the candy and returned it to the rightful owner.

Mystery solved and you are welcome.

Edit - or it could be Xaphan...(see below).

edit on 25-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Damn Scotty!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Coincidentally your story sounds very similar to mine.

I'm a homeless man who has been living on the roof of somebody's house for a year now (thanks for the free Wi-Fi whoever you are!)

Yesterday morning I was sitting on the edge of the roof and decided to eat the Crispy Crunch bar I had stolen from a 7-11 a few hours earlier. Just as I was about to unwrap it a wasp started harassing me, and as I went into a frenzy trying to swat it away, accidentally dropped the candy bar. It landed on a ledge below me right on a pot of flowers. I sat there for about an hour thinking about what to do and figured I should climb down to get it. I went and got a sheet from my sleeping bag and walked back over to the ledge, and just as I was about to tie it I heard a car door slam. Some guy emerged and stared at the candy bar for a while as he spoke to some woman, then took a photo of it. wtf?

Later on after they walked away I was finally able to climb down and retrieve it. Just a few hours ago when I was sitting on the edge of the roof eating it I noticed that one of them set up a video camera on the ledge and turned it on. What a bunch of weirdos.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceVindicator
Bahahahahaha I'm sorry if this is really real and freaking you out brother. I hope your girlfriend isn't just playing a prank laughing that you fell for this, or that you aren't just making a silly post. Coming from a guy who has experienced red marks and legit creepy things, I know what it's like to be stumped for a long time about something that makes no logical sense, but when I read this, it just made me happy. I'd much rather be dealing with whatever entity you guys are dealing with. How negative can a chocolate bar be hahaha. Question: was there already a crispy crunch choco bar in your place?

hahahahha i know right. *the Candy bandit* LOL btw you are new here arnt you. Should look me up we might have similar experiences.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I'm slightly worried about the possibility of it being some sort of stalker type or "secret admirer" of my girlfriend. The whole thing is just enough to # with me, but not enough for me to be overly concerned or pro-active about it.

Hey OP, I would be slightly worried about this, too. Don't think it's the case, the crow sounds far more plausible, but better safe than sorry.

Does your girlfriend follow a regular routine, same places and times and activities? If so, maybe she should switch things up for a couple of days. Just to be safe.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Haha, well I guess it could be this guy.

I'll just go with Charlie the raven for now until I have any reason to believe otherwise.
edit on 26-5-2013 by blaqueice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Chocolate bars tend to migrate straight to my hips. It's ok though; my husband has a thing for hourglasses.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, one day we got back from 'vacation' and when I went to turn out the lamp beside my bed, there was a big, new wet wad of fresh chewing gum on the switch.

It seemed a bit weird, so I reported to my overlords that someone had been in my house, and was told to forget it. Later I found they were there making sure I hadn't snagged any classified stuff to the house secondary to an investigation going on in 2004.

So if you are in the community, maybe it's your sponsors #ing with you. Or maybe it's the agency guys that are doing surveillance on you right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join