It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fine, let's START with love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
First question: If I get the job, I would actually help the other guy's family food and clothes expenses.. But since it's a world of love, he could easily ask the government for help or get another job..

Second question: I'm going to make it a competition. Who says competition is all about hatred? lol. We will challenge each other and if I lose out to him, I'll accept my defeat. Simple as that. Happened to me twice too and in the end I got myself a lovely one ^^

Third question: Accept the fact that your sibling is better than you. Even if I may not be as good as my sibling, there's definitely something I'll enjoy doing which will make me happy. If I'm the parent, I'll encourage them to do the same, just do whatever makes you happy!

Honestly though, the point about spreading love and stuff is not the love you're thinking about. The oh-so gushy feeling and stuff. It's more about being absolutely positive. By being positive, you'll almost always make great choices in life.

If there really is a world filled with love, people who are naturally reserved are going to hate it! Haha! I mean, yeah they will spread love once in a while, but they need their own space eventually. Speaking from my own perspective by the way lol. If anyone actually intrudes my space, I'd go ballistic :mad

So yeah, we want a world full of positivity, not crazy love~
edit on 25-5-2013 by Zack241 because: (smiley thing lol)

edit on 25-5-2013 by Zack241 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by jiggerj

The individual does not know of true love - human love is fear driven. There is always fear of losing or not having enough love because each individual is feeling lack. No individual feels whole and complete and they believe they can find their other half - and when they fall in lust they think it is love because for a while they feel complete and whole. But it is just the honeymoon period. Soon that feeling goes away and the feeling of incompleteness returns and then there is disappointment and anger toward the one who should be filling you up - the belief is they have failed or you have failed.
The idea that someone can make you feel better is not true. You have to find love within before you can share love - otherwise you will just be a thief stealing love, wanting more and more but never feeling satisfied..

edit on 25-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Nicely put. Also, what the love-wishers can't comprehend is that one's definition of love is most likely different from a few billion others' definition. I've had to tell a few people in my life that I can't possibly love them the way they want to be loved because I can't read their minds. I can only give my love to people the way I know how to love. Some people will stand by their belief that beating their child senseless is showing love; and they are quick to spew Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Love. Can't live with it, can't live without it, and can't even define it!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Love you Jigger

Cody

If you really loved me you'd give me your Cody 599 jacket.
It is soo cooool!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

I'm the type of person who cares more about his friends/family than I do myself,

Have to stop you right there. If you are not your absolute best friend, then you are the type of person that will let people walk all over you. What you describe is not love, but a desperate, needy desire to be accepted by others, and you will do anything to appease that insecurity within you. I can't express just how unhealthy that is (I know, I've been there). I gave all my love away and got none back. To be embarrassingly honest, even into my forties I wanted to be the good little boy that mom appreciated, but never did in real life. So, I married someone just like mom, and surrounded myself with 'friends' that were selfish and impossible to please no matter how hard I tried. Then, I became MY best friend and told all the others to get the hell out of my life.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Ultimately it is up to each of us as individuals to decide what is right for us.

Yup. You make a good point. Just as love means different things to different people, so does the idea of what is right. Sure, most of us know the common wrongs (stealing, violence, rape...), but when it comes to the everyday idea of what is right can be as different as day and night. It's right to spank a child. It's not right to spank a child. It's right that my wife should do as I command. It's right that my wife and I are equal partners in our marriage.

When it comes to love and having it be the RIGHT kind of love, the variations are as numerous as the stars in the sky. So, no world could be all love. It's just not humanly possible.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sometimes the answer is that we don't have answers for anyone but ourselves. I fall short in the love department, as it has never been a part of my experience. I had to learn to love myself no matter what I do, even if it is the wrong choice, because there are no wrong choices, just experiences to grow by. No one has these answers correct jigger, no one can tell you what a world of love is, because you have to find it in yourself.

Perfect!

second line

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Compassion and Equanimity are more important than Love, in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To have the world filled with love it would require all to contribute. That would never happen.

Everyone defines love differently.

Your op examples were more about being nice and considerate to others. I wouldn't define that as love, its just being 'nice'. There are plenty of nice people but not all have a loving heart.

I've tried the nice and considerate and it never accomplishes much except to make me feel miserable and foolish that I did a good deed that received no gratitude or reciprocation when it came my turn.
Being nice can often mean being a fool. Nice guys finish last
You need to throw some manners into this love cocktail.
It requires many attributes to be nice or loving.

In today's world there aren't enough nice people and the not so nice can bring out the worst in you. That's where the problem is, as your op states.

Frankly though I don't think I could stand being around all the loveliness. I'm too conditioned to the opposite being rampant

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm the type of person who cares more about his friends/family than I do myself,

Have to stop you right there. If you are not your absolute best friend, then you are the type of person that will let people walk all over you. What you describe is not love, but a desperate, needy desire to be accepted by others, and you will do anything to appease that insecurity within you. I can't express just how unhealthy that is (I know, I've been there). I gave all my love away and got none back. To be embarrassingly honest, even into my forties I wanted to be the good little boy that mom appreciated, but never did in real life. So, I married someone just like mom, and surrounded myself with 'friends' that were selfish and impossible to please no matter how hard I tried. Then, I became MY best friend and told all the others to get the hell out of my life.

I suppose this is an answer to what I just said as well.
I get walked over. I caused it myself. I'm trying not to be like this now.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

I suppose this is an answer to what I just said as well.
I get walked over. I caused it myself. I'm trying not to be like this now.

It's hard! But it's well worth it. I am me now. I don't need anyone's approval anymore.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Loving everyone and everything isn't really that hard if you try. Apparently you are against even trying.

Trying leads to doing with something as easy as love. Think of everyone like you think of yourself, no matter what they believe or say. We are all the same on the inside.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Let's just kill everybody and start again. That should do it.

But in all seriousness, I agree with 3NL1GHT3N3D1. It really isn't that difficult to love unconditionally, but you aren't gonna get anywhere if you don't even want to try.
edit on 25-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

And lets keep in mind we're talking about an ideal world... Not this pathetic excuse for a world

No, no, we ARE talking about this pathetic world. We just gave it a start of love. Everything in our nature is still there. We still have the ability to hate, to be greedy, to lust... We're just starting with love to see if it can be maintained. And of course the answer is no. Love can't fix everything in this human world. Love is not the answer.

This isn't what you said in your OP though...

Okay, you win! Let's imagine that every person on the planet oozes, gushes, and pukes up love every minute of every day. Now, how do we KEEP the world in this loving euphoria?

IF every person on this planet "oozes, gushes, and pukes up love every minute of the day" the problem is already solved... and clearly we can't be dealing with this world... because that ain't how it works here...

Its one thing to say I love others... and a completely separate thing to actually show it...

A greedy person is selfish... So is a hateful or lustful person...

Said people can not be "gushing love" as you said...

Of course we all have these emotions... but one must overcome them, even conquer them to find love...

To love is to be at peace... and these emotions war with peace...

To love is to give to others what is needed... not to take from others...

To think of others needs before your own...

Selflessness is love...

That's why I say... Be love

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Please understand love is not a feeling you have towards a girl,your favorite food, or even a cat. Love is a state of mind. You see your emotions are a frequency and frequencies Directly affect your reality. If you cant provide positive frequencies, positive things will not occur But when you understand the Positive frequencies, (love) anything is possible. Do not lust, accept your co-works beauty and move on. Accept your brother for who he is and do not be jealous of his talents, for he would do the same to you. The hardest thing is to accept that everything is not fair in this reality, terrible things will happen to good people. Pray for them, and most importantly LOVE them even if you do not agree with them or even like them. Thats love.No one person can exude love at all time but when we all try our best to be loving, Great things happen

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Ugh! So many times here I have read how people want to spread the love. They want all of us to BE love. They want a whole world of nothing but love.
Ah, but the world IS nothing but love. As all that is, is one, and love is known to be, therefore love is all that is. What makes it appear otherwise is our judgement, the way we label as 'unsatisfactory' something about almost every situation. Be it only a tiny imperfection, it ruins the mood for many of us.

But on the other hand, can you look back on your life and say that there is so much as a single hard lesson that came without pain, or one that you would be willing to give up, forget; to do away with the pain? My definition of love includes necessary pain. We feel pain in order to know that which we are not. We are filling cognitive space with every experience; not just the comfy ones! To quote Avi in "Revolver", "Embrace your pain and you will win this game."

Okay, you win! Let's imagine that every person on the planet oozes, gushes, and pukes up love every minute of every day. Now, how do we KEEP the world in this loving euphoria?
Love is not manifested only as euphoria. Not yet. We're not ready for that. But you know that. Somehow you've gotten the idea that Love is about good feelings and puppies.

You haven't had a job in two years. Your wife and 2 kids are depending on you to get this job you've applied for. Sitting next to you in the office is someone with 3 kids and hasn't had a job in five years. Are you just going to get up and leave so he can get the job, or will you think, "Screw you, buddy. I have a family too. I'm taking that job!"

Is that love?
Does it have to be one of the other of those? That's the fallacy of false alternatives, if that's what you're implying. Why can't you let the universe decide for you? You can't help but do what you do, so why make it hard for yourself by willing attachment to the ephemeral and uncontrollable.You are not in control. IT, the universe, multiverse, infinite, is in control. What is, is. The ego will tell you that to think that way is death. I'm not dead. Not yet. But I don't worry about when it comes. I love experiencing what life has for me. I am unemployed right now, and have been for a couple of months. All I have is the work on my father's property to keep me occupied. There's a ton of that. But when I had a job, I did that happily, for the most part, every day. Happiness is a choice; the choice to allow your heart to fill with love. I'm not perfect, and it might not ever be, but this world is what we have, and all we need to do is our best. That starts by not fighting the flow of consciousness. Allow yourself to be fascinated by ants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You are introduced to someone that makes your heart pound. This person is gorgeous! You fantasize about starting a family with this person and living happily ever after. Guess what, though? You can tell that your best friend is thinking the same things about this beautiful person. Do you step aside and watch the love of your life slip through your hands? If you do step aside, will you be feeling love or misery?
depends on if she's the one you need to be with. If it's meant to be there is nothing you can do to stop it.

How many times in life would you step aside out of love for a friend or a sister or brother?
Never, if I felt my need was greater. I have the capacity to step aside in the face of a greater need, on the part of one I love.

Is that love?
You need to make the choice to define love as you wish to. You're like the man who lived with that electromagnetic being "the companion", who, when he found out this alien life form had formed a symbiotic love-relationship between him and itself, rejected it. Love is alien to everything you've been taught about love. Even when correct factual information has been passed on to you, it was passed on with the intent to misdirect you about the nature of the universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------
You have a sibling a year older than you. This sibling, however, seems to have been born with natural abilities far exceeding yours. This sibling is better at [...] but how do you keep the love?
all of those feelings are twisted love.

Or, if you are a parent of these two, how do you help your youngest maintain the love?
----------------------------------------------------------
don't favor one over the other. they are equally important in the plan.

To all you love-wishers, I seriously hope you can come up with rational answers, though I doubt that it's even possible. We humans were not designed to be all love.

edit on 5/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Rubbish. Love is our true nature. This is where we come to forget that so we can remember

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Ugh! So many times here I have read how people want to spread the love. They want all of us to BE love. They want a whole world of nothing but love.

You haven't had a job in two years. Your wife and 2 kids are depending on you to get this job you've applied for. Sitting next to you in the office is someone with 3 kids and hasn't had a job in five years. Are you just going to get up and leave so he can get the job, or will you think, "Screw you, buddy. I have a family too. I'm taking that job!"

Is that love?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You are introduced to someone that makes your heart pound. This person is gorgeous! You fantasize about starting a family with this person and living happily ever after. Guess what, though? You can tell that your best friend is thinking the same things about this beautiful person. Do you step aside and watch the love of your life slip through your hands? If you do step aside, will you be feeling love or misery?
How many times in life would you step aside out of love for a friend or a sister or brother?

Is that love?
--------------------------------------------------------------
You have a sibling a year older than you. This sibling, however, seems to have been born with natural abilities far exceeding yours. This sibling is better at sports, better in school, better at making friends... How long before your love of this sibling gets reduced to envy, or downright hatred. You know it's not his fault that he was born this way, but how do you keep the love? Or, if you are a parent of these two, how do you help your youngest maintain the love?
----------------------------------------------------------

To all you love-wishers, I seriously hope you can come up with rational answers, though I doubt that it's even possible. We humans were not designed to be all love.

edit on 5/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

When your sending love its sending love to everyone.....All your examples are just biased....

1. You forgot to add a third option here......You continue to the interview thinking that you and the other guy have equal chances at the job and no one deserves it more than the other, if you get it you will be happy, if he gets it you will be happy for him and try to find another job. You could go even further by helping the guy out with finding another job if you get it

2. If this is the first time meeting this girl you obviously do not know her very well along with your friend. If you both think you might love her let her decide which one of you she loves more.... If your friend gets here you be happy for him because hes your friend, and if you get her you tell him that your sorry that she loves him more she cant help it and if hes a true friend he would understand and you could help him by finding someone else.

3. If you love this sibling you would appreciate that they have their talents and if you envied them you could ask them to teach you to become as good as them and if they love you back they will help you. There is no point in hating someone just because they are better than you, when you could rather be trying to find your own uniqueness.

All your examples are based around selfishness which is the opposite of love. You have to see the best in things instead of the worst if you want love.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jiggerj

This should be fun... bare with me I just woke up... damn midnights...

This scenario wouldn't happen.... IF everyone was gushing love as you say... everyone would be able to get a job... and there would always be jobs available for everyone... Greed can not exist in a world full of love....

CEO's and the people at the top of the chain wouldn't be skimming off the top, they would take what they need and spread the wealth around.

You're confusing love with lust... Said person would accept the fact that there are plenty of fish in the sea... People would see past a persons looks, and see the qualities inside another person instead of automatically looking for the gorgeous type...

How many times in life would you step aside out of love for a friend or a sister or brother

As many times as needed...

You have a sibling a year older than you. This sibling, however, seems to have been born with natural abilities far exceeding yours. This sibling is better at sports, better in school, better at making friends... How long before your love of this sibling gets reduced to envy, or downright hatred. You know it's not his fault that he was born this way, but how do you keep the love? Or, if you are a parent of these two, how do you help your youngest maintain the love?

Jealousy and envy are not qualities of love... Unless of course you're an Old testament fan..

Said person would accept the fact that his brother is better then him at certain things... No one is "the best" at anything... theres always someone better...

That brother would support his older sibling in his endeavors... and find something that makes him happy... and that hes good at...

NEXT?

edit on 24-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

All of those answers are assuming that all or most people maintain logic over succumbing to personal gain.

That is just not true, sir!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

This isn't what you said in your OP though... Okay, you win! Let's imagine that every person on the planet oozes, gushes, and pukes up love every minute of every day. Now, how do we KEEP the world in this loving euphoria?
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, we do this at the start and see if ***humans*** can keep it going.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
Let's just kill everybody and start again. That should do it.

But in all seriousness, I agree with 3NL1GHT3N3D1. It really isn't that difficult to love unconditionally, but you aren't gonna get anywhere if you don't even want to try.
edit on 25-5-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

IMHO, The greatest challenge (test) comes when closest ones (wife, kids, gf, bf, best friends, etc) become hostile to us because our sudden changes in attitudes.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Love. Can't live with it, can't live without it, and can't even define it!

Love cannot be defined because love is without condition.
Prior to conception - prior to words that define - this is already unconditioned love. The mind (thoughts/words) has ideas about how it should be different.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join