It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: UPDATE: Arafat May Have Liver Failure and Could Be Moved To Cairo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
An Israeli papers web site is reporting that Yasser Arafat has emerged from his coma and opened his eyes. He has reportedly been able to communicate with his doctors.

UPDATE: 11/7/2004
Yasser Arafat continues to be in critical condition at this time. However, it has come to light that he is suffering from liver failure at this time according to a Palestinian official. Expected to arrive Monday, Mahmoud Abbas, and Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie will visit Arafat in the hospital to personally assess his situation. In another note, officials are looking to see if he can be moved from France to Cairo to be closer to Gaza in the event he dies.

PARIS (Reuters) - Yasser Arafat critically ill in a Paris hospital, has suffered liver failure, a Palestinian official said on Sunday as Arafat's subordinates decided in his absence to enforce a law and order plan in Palestinian areas.
Arafat's deputy, Mahmoud Abbas, and Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie will go to France on Monday to visit the president in hospital, Palestinian officials said. Abbas and Qurie, overseeing Palestinian affairs in the West Bank and Gaza since Arafat was flown to a hospital near Paris on Oct. 29, decided to go to France so they could be "personally reassured" about his condition, one of the officials said.
Liver Failure

story.news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat has partially emerged from his coma in a French hospital, opening his eyes and communicating with his doctors, an Israeli newspaper Web site said Saturday citing Palestinian sources.

YNET, the Web site of the leading Israeli daily Yediot Ahronoth, quoted a senior Palestinian official who visited Arafat overnight as saying the president is also capable of moving in bed. Doctors believe a full diagnosis of Arafat's condition will be ready within three days, YNET said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The doctors caring for him have indicated that a full diagnosis of what Arafat is suffering from will be available in 72 hours. This is a developing story and details are limited.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ALERT! Arafat's Death Reported, Immediately Denied

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Oh bugger, better cancel the party and send back the girls.....

mind you, its only a palastinian offical, they are not renouned for their objectivity, it could be just internal politics...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Glorious day! He is returning to health!! Long live the resistance!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
First he's dead, now he's out of his coma.

Why would anyone listen to the Israeli reports now?

Channel Two seriously screwed this one up the other day. First rule of journalism/news - get confirmation.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Maybe they will follow that movie plot where "bernie"? was dead and they dragged him around trying to show people he was alive...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Actually the ups and downs go hand and hand with any critically ill patient. You knever know and many a night in the PICU its really minute to minute.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The PLO is already working on the transition...he's not coming back.

The key for them is a smooth transition and no fighting between the Palestinians. Unity is the key.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
The PLO is already working on the transition...he's not coming back.

The key for them is a smooth transition and no fighting between the Palestinians. Unity is the key.

I agree, even if he recovers, he will never be the same. He suffered some downtime, they may bring him back as a figurehead, but his days of weilding power are over.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Arafat is the antichrist

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I doubt they would do the figurehead thing. Fighting over his burial place would be more honorable for Arafat and his people then having an invalid propped up in a wheelchair.

He will choose death. But whoever they choose to replace him will be one with the "blessings" of Arafat, so the people consider him legitimate, or Hamas and the like will fight Fatah for control.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yup, he will never go back to Israel.
Of course the best outcome will be to pin the whole thing on Israel, afterall it gives the palastinians another reason not to blame themselves for their own curcumstances, and Arafat becomes the martyr he always wanted to be.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Israel is worse...don't go blaming the Palestinians for everything.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Yup, he will never go back to Israel.

He isn't from Israel, he's from Palestine. The West Bank is NOT Israel, Gaza is NOT Israel, that's why they're fighting. They used to be called the Occupied Territories, since Oslo that label changed but it is still true. When Israeli troops deploy into the Gaza strip or West Bank, they are no longer on Israeli soil.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Until the occupation is over, they will never get peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I bet you half the people who want him to die in threads like these consider themselves Christians

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
I bet you half the people who want him to die in threads like these consider themselves Christians

Or Jews.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Helloooooooo, why does not Syria take the mutt palestinians> no country wants them. Israel won the territories as she was attacked, why dont we give back texas or california to mexico?

I do not believe even if Israel gives land to the Pales, there will be peace. The war started over 5000 years ago frin Abraham. It will never change

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
And what religion are you Royalpar1?

I'll tell you, I do not believe in God, but I do believe in land, and justice. And the Israelis deserve no land, but they do deserve justice, which would be when they are sent fleeing from Jeruselam.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You seem to be anti jewish, as you speak of religion. Israel was attacked way before the land by all the surrounding countries. You forget? She is small but will stand up for her soverienty, which is more than the arab nations for Arafat. He no longer controls the actions of his people. Should Israel give up land, and of course, I think she will. the arabs teaching childeren to tie bombs to their waste will not stop.

read the Koran, no where does it state to kill innocent children, schools, bars, school busses?

Dont vote religion, vote what is right and what is wrong

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Right, I don't believe in God, and I'm not anti-Jewish. I'm against the Israel Government, and the Arab Leadership.

The Arab leaders sleep while the atrocities go on. The Israeli leaders oppress the Palestinians and use America as a tool.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join