It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a new Kitten....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So, My parents have this mother cat that just abandoned her last kitten. This kitten is 3 weeks old. There were 4 kittens in this litter and this is the only one left. She would move them all over the place and would only bring one or two back. This last time she brought my kitty back and just left it lay around and had been ignoring it. It was pouring down rain and the kitten was soaked and muddy under my parents porch. The kitten was skinny from the momma cat not feeding her. The mother cat has had previous litters before and did the same to them. None of them survived.

She has her little tummy full of warm milk....

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Awwwww, watcha gonna name it?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
She is just soooo cute. Sweet baby angel.

Kittens and puppies make me uber happy.

I have my own two babies and have had them since birth.

edit on 24-5-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
aaaaaaaawwwwwww so cute! Gotta' keep us up to date on your baby.
And yes .. tell us the name.
MY SUGGESTION .... ANGEL
She looks like an angel and her guardian angel obviously is looking out for her.

Congratulations .... DAD!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ahhhhhhhhh look at her wee black nose she's so cute hope she brings you lots of happiness and loves.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like the pose.
You should photo shop a gold chain onto that kitteh, looks pretty gansta.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I like the white at the tips of her paws. You should name her frosty!!

She is adorable. Now I want to get me a kitty.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I named her Caroline. She just reminded me of the movie Caroline.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

She's smiling! What a precious picture!

Congrats and well done for saving her!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That is a really fine little animal and now it has the good fortune to be safe and cared for
That little face somehow shows she knows she made it. Caroline is a great name. I hope you have a great life together

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I love, love, love kitties...to me they are...little kitty angels...

Your new family kitty member is adorable...welcome to this world Caroline...you have a good home now.

edit on 24-5-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Cute kitty!

Do you want some more kitties?
I currently have two litters, and both momma cats train all their kittens to catch snakes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Boy, that is one happy, satisfied looking kitteh
and soooooooooooo cute!!!!!
A full belly and a new loving home.

Congrats to you and Caroline

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Awesome Pic!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
She is beautiful!!!!!!!!! Some momma cats will abandon a kitten if it senses it will not make it for some reason. I hope your kitten is healthy.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh, you must be bottle feeding her as she is only 3 weeks old. I have done that a few times in the past. I hope you realize that she needs to be stimulated to go to the bathroom. After feeding, use a slightly moistened q-tip to stimulate the area so she will poop or pee. I think they need to be 6 weeks old before they can eat kitten food and placed in a litter box after. They learn so quick to use the box it amazes me every time!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Can't stay long but I will ask again for the 100th time...

ATS, PLEASE give us the Animal/Pets Forum that we so desperately need for threads like this.

(Please see my signature for the request post)

Peace

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
she is lovely, but you have to get that bad neglecting mummy cat fixed so she cant have anymore.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So sweet!

She looks like my cat Smokey. A big Siamese with those cute white paws!! I have always had and loved Tabby’s but these are great cats! Congrats!

My Smokey!
:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Congratulations on your new addition, Jetman44! She is absolutely beautiful, but then I've never seen a kitten that wasn't totally irresistible. I have 3 of my own currently (all adults), but have had loads of experience raising and doctoring umpteen litters of kitties. I was always the "crazy cat lady" in the neighborhood that everyone would bring their sick, abandoned kitties to ~ so I have a lot of experience in that area...

I had a similar situation a few years ago when one of the neighborhood feral cats had a litter of kittens (I always fed the strays so they tended to stick pretty close to my house, much to the neighbor's dismay...lol) Anyway, mama kitty moved the kittens around from place to place as they usually do, but she left this one laying in my neighbor's driveway and refused to take it to where she had hidden the others. It was only a few days old and still had an attached umbilical cord. It's a lot of work but also very rewarding to nurture an animal that wouldn't have stood a chance of survival without our intervention.

Since I don't know your experience in this area, I hope you are not offended if I offer a few suggestions. First of all, a lot of cats (and kittens especially) can't digest regular cows milk (especially when it's cold) because of the lactose and it upsets their stomachs and gives them diarhhea. I always had good success with the feline powdered milk substitute that you can get from any petstore or even at the pet section at Walmart. You will need to purchase a small nursing bottle and mix the powdered milk with a little warm water, usually fed an ounce or two every few hours. The powdered milk substitute would be always be my first choice, but in a pinch have used regular evaporated milk with success.

I know this may be a little gross, and I apologize in advance if I offend someone's delicate sensibilities, but many people don't know that a kitten that age (or a puppy for that matter) is not able to evacuate their bowels on their own (that is usually accomplished at the earliest 5 or 6 weeks of age, when the mother starts the weaning process. I believe you said yours is only 3 weeks old). This is one of the services that a mother performs when licking and cleaning her litter, it stimulates the release of their bowels. In lieu of the absence of the mother, since the kitten has been abandoned, you will have to perform this function yourself. Might I suggest that after each feeding place the kitten on her back, then taking a warm washcloth and gently stimulating that area until the bladder is released (this will simulate the licking of the mother).

You might already know all of this, but if you don't please feel free to ask any questions you may have. It's always wonderful and joyous to have a new baby in the household. I hope that you and Caroline will share a very close and loving bond for many years to come! Congratulations again...

edit on 5/24/2013 by 1yearning2bfree because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/24/2013 by 1yearning2bfree because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/24/2013 by 1yearning2bfree because: darn typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join