It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that my kitty is back home,I want to get her chipped!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I made a thread a couple of weeks ago about my kitty missing. MIA KITTY Now that she is back home,I want to get her and her brother chipped.

I learned my lesson for sure,but I am not sure what type of chips are available or how effective they are.

I would like to hear some thoughts/comments on those of you have your pets chipped incase they get lost.

Are they expensive? Do they poise a health risk? Any info at all would be appreiciated!

Thank you again!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

Old thread you might like to look at.

Verichips causing cancer in pets?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My dogs are chipped and we did get one back that way, years ago. Someone found her wandering after she'd made a way out and took her to their vet. They scanned the chip and called us right away. It made for a quick solution and priceless for outcome. Just my personal experience.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

Whoa! Slow down there.
I'm sure you can find some tracker you can place on the collar.
Try looking at a spy shop.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm so glad you found your kitty!

My daughter just got a kitten for her tenth birthday. She's a beauty and she named her Mulan. (She's a Siamese). Now I'm contemplating whether or not I should have her chipped when I take her to the vet to be fixed. We are just waiting for her to acclimate to her new home and feel secure and loved before giving her another shock - surgery!

I'm conflicted too. But I wouldn't want to lose her and she is proving to be rather intelligent and very beautiful. I can see her getting outside and somebody else finding her and wishing to keep her. She's full of character and a lover. She chirps and talks and is more vocal than any cat we had when I was a child. (barncats)

I'm interested to see this thread develop and see people's opinions of the pros and cons of chipping our pets.

Cirque

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by Bootyac

Whoa! Slow down there.

Collars can fall off (or be torn off, or taken off on purpose by a human) and the animal would then no longer be identifiable by the chip.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have my wolf pup chipped and I have a TAGG brand GPS collar on him. It cost $100.00 for the collar and 75.00 a year for the monitoring service. I have a set zone that he can roam before it sends my phone and email a notification when he leaves so I can log in and track him. All from the comfort of my home PC and he can roam the ranch without me wondering where he is.

No one is stealing him, Quite the opposite, rabbits live in fear and trespassers leave running......

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by Bootyac

Whoa! Slow down there.

Collars can fall off (or be torn off, or taken off on purpose by a human) and the animal would then no longer be identifiable by the chip.

Exactly. And given human propensity for cruelty towards animals, cats especially, I'd have her chipped in a heartbeat to prevent cases such as recently here, where a family lost their pet cat, put up a reward for her return, then some POS stole their other cat and rang them asking for a reward, which they refused to pay. He set the cat on fire and dumped the poor thing under the street post with the sign asking for information about the other lost cat.

If I ever found someone in real life who ever admitted doing things like that... ahh prison food.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Nice that you got the cat back
My cat went missing for nearly two month just before christmas & I was totally wounded. When he eventually came back his face was covered in ticks, a big cut under his belly and he must of weighed no more than a few Kg, it was a horrible sight but a relief at the same time.

On another note, my new white leather sofa arrived yesterday and today I woke up to a massive cat # waiting for me, right on that new sofa.

Its a real love & hate relationship with my cat, he thinks I'm his bitch. I seen this picture the other day and it reminded me of our relationship lol

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How about you chip yourself as well. People are sad nowadays, its an animal not a toy.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

I am so glad your kitty is found and back home! It is now...

As for chipping your kitty; I really don't have an answer for you. I am just wondering...how safe is it for kitty's health?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

All of our 5 cats have been chipped with no problems noted so far,it cost about £35 (in the UK) to have the chips implanted,happily to date we have not needed to rely on the chips to locate a missing kitty.
If you do get your cats chipped it may also be beneficial to put a collar (with a safety release!) on each cat with "I am microchipped" on it,these are available cheaply here in the UK.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaone
How about you chip yourself as well. People are sad nowadays, its an animal not a toy.

It's all about responsible ownership,cats do stray and they do get lost,better to give yourself every chance of reuniting with your pet isn't it?.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm glad you found your kitty!

I would get a chip, but then, that is just my opinion. I have lost a few cats over the years, and it always made me so sad. The last one was hard for me to take, so I have not owned a cat since.

People are chipping their animals a lot now, and if there was such a big health concern, they wouldn't be. But that is just my opinion, being one who lost a cat once that meant more to me than most people I know.

new topics

top topics

join