It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Judges go bad, they go really bad!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is the story of a Texas Judge who is now the subject of his own legal proceedings. It appears that when a Judge goes bad, with the power they hold, it can be a really messy thing. It sounds like something out of a Law and Order Episode, actually.

GALVESTON (CN) - A Texas judge has been indicted on criminal charges that he repeatedly misused his official powers to retaliate against attorneys appearing before him and other officials.

Galveston County Court at Law Judge Christopher Dupuy was charged Wednesday with two felony counts of obstruction or retaliation, two misdemeanor counts of official oppression and four misdemeanor counts of abuse of official capacity, the Houston Chronicle reported .

Complete with attempts to jail people out of spite and obstruction of other processes.

In one case, Dupuy is accused of official oppression against attorney Lori Laird, who represents his ex-wife in a custody dispute over their children. Laird said he retaliated against her trying to record his testimony during a deposition by driving to the courthouse, drawing up a contempt order against her and giving her 120 days in jail. Laird then appealed and the contempt order was tossed.
(Source: Courthouse News)

The whole story is well worth the read and it certainly shows that it really does happen out there. What a scary thing, really. The damage a rogue Judge could do in small ways over a long period would far outweigh just a couple of outrages in high profile bad decisions.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dumbass. If you wanna screw people over by using the law, you probably shouldn't choose attorneys as your opponents.

One thing to keep in mind, is that IF he is guilty, then this now places doubt upon ALL of the previous cases that he has ever been involved in.

Just a guess, but this could possibly lead to hundreds(if not thousands) of new appeals to be filed within the next few upcoming months.
edit on 5/24/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A psychopath with a good brain is still a psychopath.

I've never understood how anyone could feel comfortable with someone who has worked very hard to have power over them. They make my skin crawl.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
too bad Sherman Skolnick wasn't still around...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You missed this one:

SOURCE

PITTSBURGH (KDKA/AP) – The Pennsylvania State Police have charged a western Pennsylvania judge with stealing coc aine from evidence in cases he presided over before he abruptly resigned last year.

According to police, the charges against former Washington County Judge Paul Pozonsky will be prosecuted in Washington County by Senior Deputy Attorney General Michael Ahwesh.

Pozonsky sat on the bench for nearly 30 years, first as a magistrate and then in Common Pleas Court.

I know Judge Pozonsky. I have appeared before him when he was a magistrate judge. And 30 years ago, everyone knew he was a coke head, so what gets me is that he survived this long without ever being caught.

How do I know he was a coke head? My aunt used to buy her coke from him.

How's that for "a small world?"

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Oh, to get general in terms of just bad Judges? I have one that really sticks out...no pun intended, believe me. lol..

BRISTOW, Okla. (AP) — A former judge convicted of exposing himself while presiding over jury trials by using a sexual device under his robe was sentenced Friday to four years in prison.

Donald Thompson had spent almost 23 years on the bench and had served as a state legislator before retiring from the court in 2004. He showed no reaction when he was sentenced.
Source: USA Today

That's a real hands on kinda ..Oh nvm. Imagine the people who thought they had a judge paying attention to their case. err.... No area of society is immune from stupidity, eh?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And judges wives too!
You remember the two prosecutors (and wife of one) who were murdered in TX a few months ago?

Wife of the Texas judge accused in the murder of two prosecutors

americancoalitionforchildren.com...

At first people were accusing everyone from Mexican drug cartels to white supremacist but it was just a crazy judge and his crazy wife who were angry about getting caught stealing computer hardware.

edit on 24-5-2013 by tanda7 because: photo

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Scarey looking babe ......
I guess the old adage stands true...power corrupts.
Why we cannot establish rules for judges, cops, congressmen etc....
No man or woman should be allowed to sit in a power position for very long....

new topics

top topics

join