It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: NASA photograph says "this is a UFO."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They're not that hard to find. This one is really interesting!

goes.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 24-5-2013 by SomeoneWatching because: duh

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've seen stories in the MSM of scientist using areas of various deserts that resemble Martian terrain for the testing new equipment to be used on Mars. The footage looked remarkably like Mars. Anyone thinks some of these martian "lizard", "nazi helmet", finger, "metallic object" and this bug/UFO, "etc. photos were filmed at these testing sites in order to create a media buzz and justify their budgets/keep positions or even a prank?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Clearly, this is a cigar-shaped mothership so familiar to those who take an interest in UFOs.

Meteor streak? Nah, NASA. The line is too even in thickness and uniform in brightness for that.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I'm gonna go with the classical definition. Something in the air that can't be identified by looking at the picture.

Look at the address bar Nasa has the word Ufo in the image name!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Yes, I noticed. UFO stands for "Unidentified Flying Object". Not Alien Craft.
edit on 5/24/13 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeoneWatching
Well, at least the Filename

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

What is that, though?

This looks similar.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you bump up the contrast a little, you'll see that it seems to change brightness levels at regular intervals, suggesting that it's rotating as it moves.

I guess an irregular shape could also explain why it looks like it's changing direction slightly about 1/3 of the way in from the right. So maybe a stray asteroid?

edit on 24-5-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
If you bump up the contrast a little, you'll see that it seems to change brightness levels at regular intervals, suggesting that it's rotating as it moves.

Very neat observation. Something varying in brigntness with a fairly steady 2-second period.

The lighting conditions -- just before sunrise -- are consistent with a artificial satellite, and if VO-2 is the only candidate, it leaves the identity 'undetermined' because VO-2's position in its orbit hasn't been measured for thirty years.

There are enough other transmitting satellites in orbit around Mars that the current path of VO-2 isn't of any scientific interest. But it still might be cute to do a sky search at dawn or dusk to find it, if a few thousand images of empty sky wouldn't be too big a load on the transmission system.

The image is nine years old, was it released then, and not noticed? Was any attempt made to hide it?

Neat image and fine discussion. Again, ATS rocks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would always guess meteorite over spaceship, but lets face it, as people have already said it's a UFO and since you can never look back at what's flying past you in space, we'll probably never know. Good find though
I love this sorta stuff.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
interesting.... does not look like and asteroid, comet, or meteor to me. the light edges are to linear and clean
an asteroid or meteor might have a trail too, either in the atmospheric or space. a reflection maybe? other than that i have no idea

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

considering you bumped the contrast and it is clearer, you cant help but see the silver or metallic sheen to the object that was in the photo..so one more anomalous find. sure looks to me like a nuts and bolt craft from somewhere.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hair off a groundhog that landed on the camera.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Your point's moot. Ill go with Maylynn's response.

1. Its not anything BREAKING.
2. NASA has confirmed the photo is "un-identified and flying"....They dont know, like us....because it isnt anything else...but undeniably un-identifiable .

So...your point again????

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Everything you know is merely an electrical and chemical reaction in a clump of active cells in your head.

silly humans.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Wow crazy, and you go to the 'impact site' and the object wouldn't be flying anymore either..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SomeoneWatching

Obviously a CubanCigareShaped Alien craft....

ups...is mentioning Cuba against the T&C ?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i dont take nasa seriously, sorry

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SomeoneWatching

Maybe it's a rip in the backdrop, "The Truman Show".

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its the science project of the local 148th scout troop. Leader Michael gave them all the challenge of creating reflective tin foil strips and tying them all together with string (bought locally) then tossing them aloft to be caught in the prevailing S by SE wind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join