It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis: Even Atheists are Redeemed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by Akragon
Anyone else get a bad feeling this pope is gonna get himself shot one day?

:shk:

I'm glad you joined us
, but I don't want to star this comment.

No worries hun, I don't play for stars...

unfortunately im very serious... the good ones are ALWAYS disposed of ASAP... its disgustingly sad but true...

This guy is completely backwards... He doesn't sit on peters throne... He doesn't like money... He welcomes Atheists...

I tell ya... IF this guy redistributes the Vaticans wealth...

IF I was Christian... I would likely convert...

that's a real leader as far as I've seen so far

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

So god sent Judas to hell for something he made him do? That doesn't sound like something a loving father would do. Shouldn't he reward Judas for doing the part he was set out to do? That's pretty #ty parenting right there.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Guess what? He didn't pray that for Judas. If He had, Judas would be in heaven.

And he isn't.

Really?

And you know this how?

Perhaps you've read the latest census in "Paradise weekly"?

Which of course is only published in heaven...

link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Pope sits on a throne of lies built upon a counterfeit Christ who hates everybody, so he has to be weakened by his mother Mary. Don't make me laugh. Salvation by faith AND works? No. Salvation by FAITH ALONE. Scripture AND tradition? No. SCRIPTURE ALONE.

No wonder that whole church is going to hell in a handbasket.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, he wouldn't be where he is if he didn't plan on going along with their plan in my opinion. I think it could all be a trick, hopefully I'm wrong though.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

“The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” (Matthew 26:24)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by markosity1973

Sure. I think Muslims are okay. I think Jews are okay. I think Buddhists are okay.

God doesn't think they're okay. God is a jealous, angry God. To deny His wrath is to deny a manifestation of His glory on this Earth. You really think LOVE is the only manifestation?

Quite simply, I ask you this; Are YOU God? Do YOU get to call the shots on his behalf?

So an old man spreads a message of peace to the world and you wander in with the 'God hates' bollocks. Good for you, hope you enjoy your afterlife in paradise prison island.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, God sent Judas to hell because Judas wasn't saved.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

No, I'm not God. But I know what God does, because I'm apparently one of the few people around here who actually bothers to pick up a Bible and read. Go ahead. Open one up, read some passages, and find out how far this "everybody is going to heaven" and "God isn't angry" nonsense takes you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

James disagrees with you. You want to base your opinion on scripture? Read this:

James 2
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

In fact, read the whole section. It's titled Faith Without Works Is Dead.

Looks like you don't know scripture very well.
edit on 24-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No, God sent Judas to hell because Judas wasn't saved.

Jesus set a trap for ole Judas by recruiting him, but not saving him.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Faith without fruits is an empty faith, but salvation is not depending on works, but on faith alone.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So faith without works is empty faith, but salvation is based on "FAITH ALONE"? Does god accept people with empty faith? Because that's what you implied by saying "faith alone".

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."

Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

And that's just from Romans. Need me to quote more Scripture?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Read the Parable of the Sower

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The Pope sits on a throne of lies built upon a counterfeit Christ who hates everybody, so he has to be weakened by his mother Mary.

Well... aren't you a peach...

Don't make me laugh. Salvation by faith AND works? No. Salvation by FAITH ALONE. Scripture AND tradition? No. SCRIPTURE ALONE.

So you're not a fan of Paul either... Good to know

No wonder that whole church is going to hell in a handbasket.

Oh dear...

Hell doesn't exist... At least not the one dreamed up by Dante... which seems to be the traditional view of said place...

“The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” (Matthew 26:24)

So peter is in hell too I suppose?

edit on 24-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thanks for reinforcing the contradiction.

Which is it? Faith alone or faith and works? You're saying two opposite things right now.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

- I dislike peaches.

- Paul never said salvation was by faith and works.

- Hell is a very real place, otherwise Christ's death would be utterly useless, since everybody's going to Heaven.

- Peter was predestined for salvation, one of the elect.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I guess you didn't read the Parable of the Sower.

Works are a fruit of salvation, which is obtained by faith alone. Without works, we have no way of knowing that we are justified through faith. If a tree produces bad fruits, it's a bad tree. A tree that produces good fruits is a good tree.

It's not a contradiction, unless you just assume you know Scripture, which you obviously don't.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

- I dislike peaches.

- Paul never said salvation was by faith and works.

- Hell is a very real place, otherwise Christ's death would be utterly useless, since everybody's going to Heaven.

- Peter was predestined for salvation, one of the elect.

You should probably read what you type my friend...

Paul said Faith alone... Which is why he wasn't well liked... Faith without works is dead... remember?

Peter betrayed Jesus way more then Judas did.... Judas only did what he was supposed to do... and he felt so bad about it he killed himself...

And whats wrong with peaches?

Works are a fruit of salvation, which is obtained by faith alone. Without works, we have no way of knowing that we are justified through faith. If a tree produces bad fruits, it's a bad tree. A tree that produces good fruits is a good tree.

Which explains why Jesus chose paul... the worst tree of them all...

:shk:

edit on 24-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join