It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing volcanic ash cloud seen from space!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I seen this picture and wanted to share, I'm always amazed by how cool stuff looks from space. I don't think this is any exception. Alaskan Pavlof Volcano as viewed from the International Space Station. Read more about the current eruption Here

I thought some of the other ones I came across were pretty cool too and couldn't find them here on ATS. These however are not from space. These are from a google image search.

Whenever American tyranny is bringing me down, it's usually something awesome and nature related that builds my spirits back up. Men come and go, the Earth is ever constant and incredibly amazing.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Great stuff, I saw this yesterday I think.

Please provide a source, unless you be the pilot.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Nature has always amazed me. We get so many gorgeous sights provided by mother Earth!!

It's quite inspiring and soothing I must say!

Great pics Helious, thanks for sharing. S+F

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I seen this episode of "I shouldn't be alive" a show on Animal planet that tells the stories of people who lived through incredible situations and this episode, Crash in a Volcano was the craziest thing I ever seen.

It's about 3 guys in a helicopter trying to get video footage for a movie over the mouth of a volcano when gas interrupts the helicopters flight and it crashes inside of the lid of the volcano. That episode really shows you just how powerless we are in situations like that, the fact some were rescued at all is a sheer miracle and the hellish conditions inside of that thing for the days they spent there are terrifying when you think about putting yourself in the same situation....... Yikes.

I highly recommend giving it a watch, 45 minutes very well spent.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Read more about the current eruption Here

Amazing photo.

Reminds me of the 1982 announcement I never want to hear the captain of my flight say:

en.wikipedia.org...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.
Ever since then pilots have tried hard to avoid flying through those things. When they look that dramatic from space you get some idea of how they could kill all 4 aircraft engines.

new topics

top topics

join