It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW is Alex Jones a shill? Prove it to me.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Alex Jones is an evangelist of alternate theories. All evangelism breeds hardcore believers and haters. When this segregation happens, enemies are born, giving rise to hate and possibly violence.

It's the hate and violence that we need to work on. Eliminating that, will progress ANY topic of discussion, to answers and changes that are conducive to mankind.

We are a long way from that.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mokuren

Ever wonder why Bill Cooper is dead and Alex Jones is alive? Well apparently one of them was on the right track, I'll let you decide which one it was.

Because he was an armed drunk about to open fire on innocent people...

But if you want to make it a conspiracy...
Maybe he is dead and Alex is alive because TPTB know the gullible public will side with the dead...
As if they were silenced...
So maybe they know Mr.Jones is closer to the truth than Mr.Cooper ever was...
But they know people will think he hasn't been silenced because he is cointelpro!!!

I know what I think!!!

Peace Mokuren!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mokuren

Bashing AJ is easy and old news, do you see me trolling anyone??

Yeah. Bashing someone would be trolling them.

You will not see me trolling, I'm highly offended that you treat new members this way.

You are trolling.

Boo Hoo... If you're highly offended by what I've said, stick around ATS for a while. You'll get torn to shreds.

Oh and by the way, we should look inside ourselves for leadership, not follow like sheep. That is how you get taken to the slaughterhouse.

You know, it is possible--and actually quite common--to form individual beliefs and opinions while still listening to reliable leaders. Of course, it takes a moderate amount of brain capacity to do so...

Heh.

Oh! And I also thought it was worth mentioning how horribly hypocritical you are in making a statement like that when your youtube channel is designed entirely to brainwash the conspiracy community into believing that Jews rule the world. "Think for yourself" and all that. Right.

Garbage.

edit on Xx756121230PM612 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
He doesn't yell and scream as much in away from live show, 30 mins before the show he gets into his mode, but he says it's not an act it's just how he is.

He's mostly calmer when he's either recording or live outside somewhere reporting when he's focused on one topic.

Anyone that want to see some good clips that include rare stuff that he says, responses to criticism, responses to trolls, explanations why he wouldn't do this or that, etc can all be found here www.youtube.com/user/omegablizz/videos

However the channel uploads videos in packs, not every day, so keep checking back, or add email notifications.
edit on 10-8-2014 by EffexZoxStyle because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

As an Australian thus someone completely outside the circus that is the US.
I have always thought AJ was at least half a phoney despite the occasional patch of brilliance, the mistruths far out weight the truths especially when it comes to foreign matters.
2013 was his high point of his melodrama with the Piers Morgan tantrum and plus several other bizarre rants & tantrums like several against the US liberal "Young Turks" program while not really a fan of that either calling them the Young Turds was very crude and childish for guy that wants to be taken seriously. He also gets very jealous of competition in the alt media, right or left if they are a threat to his fan base or catch him out on deception even Icke at times has copped a serve from AJ.

However this;

fairly recent Infowars rant about Australia with all kinds of false claims really confirmed it for me once and for all time. Just to clear a few of AJs blatant mistruths up. First of all the part about Australia taking on the spirit of 1776 & claimed lifting of the gun laws was the most amusing & wacko of all.
Just to set the record to straight for our majority american posters as I feel these blatant lies cannot go unchallenged
Australia is completely disarmed STILL nothing has changed and has one of the world toughest gun laws federally as well as state based.
Yes the Carbon tax was repealed however what this has to do with AJs concerns of fighting globalism, nwo, world government, Illuminati and police states is unclear and disconnected from this posters understanding of his purpose for infowars & prison planet.
And lastly Abbott is no popular hero & if he was in US politics his policies and attitude would pretty much be equivalent to neo cons so for AJ to attempt to paint him as some kind of populist Libertarian hero of the masses is completely inaccurate for Australian conditions even our Libertarian party in Australia (yes we do have one)is nothing like the libertarian political party in the US for example they are not isolationist and believe 100% in globalism they are also a party of mainstream consensus & do not entertain conspiracy theories about Gold and abolishing federal reserve banking as the Pauls do. Anyway i digress this infowars episode is nothing but lies and mistruths about Australia.

edit on 22-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
here is a short clip of Alex on New Year's Eve 1999, completely making up a story of chaos ensuing throughout the US. This clip is only 7 minutes long, but you can find the 2 hour version (yes 2 hours!) on youtube.

He has lied and continues to make up # constantly. Just do the research for yourself and you will find out for yourself. He also hates confrontation and when it happens, he gets angry and turns and attacks the confronter.
He also constantly says that the officials admit to the crimes he calls them out for...which we know is a complete lie...like come on now, CIA admits there were no deaths at Sandy Hook? Where's the evidence to support that pile of horse crap?

I will post more of his bull crap soon..
edit on 7-1-2015 by patrickdubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
also, Joe from Next Level Bull **** has called out his lies too..

edit on 7-1-2015 by patrickdubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: patrickdubs

I've yet to see any honest lies throughout this thread or elsewhere. He seems to exaggerate because he's extremely passionate, and his excessive speculation--which is part of his job--is often misinterpreted as lies just because some of his speculations don't turn out to be entirely right. It would take a psychic or a messiah to predict things with 100% accuracy. It is his job to speculate and debate on possibilities.

I've seen this video a number of times, and he skewed the story on a very minor level, yes. But this minor fluke is just that; a minor fluke. People make the mistake of tuning out Alex Jones completely when something very tiny, and quite possibly an accident, happens. Changing a single word, in a single sentence, in a single document does not discredit him, his stories, or his cause, nor does it suggest that he's a money grubber, a reptoid, or a satanic zionist jew. That's a leap too far for anyone, conspirator or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

originally posted by: patrickdubs

I've yet to see any honest lies throughout this thread or elsewhere. He seems to exaggerate because he's extremely passionate, and his excessive speculation--which is part of his job--is often misinterpreted as lies just because some of his speculations don't turn out to be entirely right. It would take a psychic or a messiah to predict things with 100% accuracy. It is his job to speculate and debate on possibilities.

I've seen this video a number of times, and he skewed the story on a very minor level, yes. But this minor fluke is just that; a minor fluke. People make the mistake of tuning out Alex Jones completely when something very tiny, and quite possibly an accident, happens. Changing a single word, in a single sentence, in a single document does not discredit him, his stories, or his cause, nor does it suggest that he's a money grubber, a reptoid, or a satanic zionist jew. That's a leap too far for anyone, conspirator or otherwise.

ummmm.... did you listen to this broadcast? keep in mind as well this is just 7min long but the entire broadcast went on for 2 hours, as he ranted and raved about complete bs all the way thru

edit on 14-1-2015 by patrickdubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: patrickdubs

I've stated numerous times...

People can not. Predict. The. Future.

Alex Jones is a person, not a psychic, a phrophet, or a god. And nowadays, he frequently acknowledges his mistakes in approaching conspiracy-related news in the past.

Where's a video of him worshipping Jews or morphing into a reptoid Bill Hicks?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

As you probably know I'm am no fan of Alex Jones.

I'm not gonna talk crap about him, I'll just say this: If you listen to his Y2K broadcast and still take him seriously after that then you are not really interested in the truth.

That broadcast is indefensible. Please don't try and make excuses for it.

For the record I don't think AJ is a shill, I just think he's an egomaniac who's riding the conspiracy cash cow all the way to the bank. I remember listening to Jones calling David Icke "the turd in the punchbowl" which many AJ fans take as meaning how Icke's outlandish theories put ordinary everyday people off from entertaining more 'serious' conspiracy topics, I personally take Jones's punchbowl analogy to mean that Icke hurts people like him financially, the "punchbowl" is the well of suckers money just waiting to be tapped by Jones, but hey that's just me!

edit on 15-1-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Are you even considering what I'm saying? I'm not trying to "make excuses" for it, I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.

Alex Jones is a fruitcake, but he's the best kind of fruitcake. Someone in this world with a powerful impact on the public needs to be unyieldingly straightforward like he is. You won't see politicians acting like that, because they have to look nice and proper for their public, and act like their crap doesn't stink.

I like Alex Jones because he doesn't bother with trying to make himself seem prime, clean and perfect. He's raw, gritty, and as controversial as it gets. That's the dose of reality that everyone needs. He also frequently acknowledges that he's handled things badly in the past, and breaks down how he is trying to do better. From a psychological perspective, in my opinion anyway, he doesn't fit the bill of being in it "just for the money." I could be wrong, but thats just from my personal observation.

People get so wrapped up in conspiracies they begin to think that everything in the world has some secret agenda, and that nothing is real or trustworthy. So, the possibility that Alex Jones is actually doing what he does because he honestly cares about the world goes right out the window. No, it must be for the money, or for the satanic Jews, or the reptilian overlords...

Acknowledging Alex Jones for all his flaws, you still have to consider that good will and sheer frustration with TPTB may be his motive. Not money or jews.

And if you ask me, people who are driven by good will are far too rare and valuable to waste on half-weighted conspiracy theories. He's trying to save the world, and regardless of how he screws up, that's more than enough to keep me listening. I could very well be too optimistic, but I'll stick to my guns anyway, and if I turn out to be wrong, I'll find out sooner or later.

He tells his callers to make their own youtube channels or radio shows rather than join his. I ordered some of Infowars's nacsent iodine, then found out I was unable to pay for it... But today, I magically found the iodine in my mailbox even though I couldn't buy it. That's some uncanny stuff if you ask me, and sending me a roughly 60$ shipment that I couldn't afford doesn't sound like an organization that's only after my money.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I understand your perspective.

I just don't see AJ as being an honest person, I think it's all an act, but such an act that he almost even believes himself at this point. Yes there are things that make him angry,with the world, big deal IMO, it's easy to get angry and rilled up and start yelling, that's what initially put me off AJ when I first heard him about 10 years ago. Personally I admire composure under duress, it belies a respectful and calm intellect, and I find Jones to be a horrible, rude and snide person at times, especially if somebody doesn't agree with his views.

I find that Americans tend to dig AJ more than Europeans , why is that? Well I think it's because in Europe we haven't stooped to the levels of anti-intellectualism that the US has. Please don't be offended by this comment BTW, I'm not trying to insult anybody, I'm not claiming that Europe is better than the US. But where I'm from people generally respect intelligence and sensitivity in TV and radio personalities, sure it's not all that, of course we have our idiots with microphones, but a character like AJ would be ignored simply because of his lack of manners, but mostly because it only takes a few minutes of listening to his gross generalisations, his obvious exaggerations, his feigned piety, his quote mining, his character assassinations etc. to realise that this charade is designed to hook into and feed off an audience that does not check his 'facts', an audience that is pissed off with 'TPTB' an audience that is generally ignorant of history and the world outside of the US, an audience that prefers to take a polarised view on everything, an audience that can only mentally process a simplified take on events(it has to be like in the movies or they loose interest), and my favourite....an audience that has such short attention spans that they don't seem to remember that his multitude of predictions never come true, well some of them may have, but its a 'stopped clock is right twice a day' scenario with AJ.

Comparing Alex to politicians is like comparing an egg to an acorn, they're are totally different things. This stance again is reflective of a society obsessed with dualism, so far as to say that most people(AJ fans especially) are unable to free themselves from a dualistic perspective on reality, this is a malady that he fosters in his listeners. That Jones' message resonates with you, and other obviously intelligent people, IMO, says that you don't have many other alternatives, and it is my view that Jones is aware of this, and that he seeks to promote himself as a unique, angry, belligerent and loud voice in the clamorous world of reportage and commentary.

Edit: I want to make it clear that I mean no disrespect to you, or others, these are just my views on Alex Jones and his MO. And I repeat that I don't think that he is a "shill".

edit on 16-1-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... Here You Go... And Let Us Not Forget www.youtube.com... i thought everyone knew he was a shill, controlled opposition... he is alot like glen beck, www.youtube.com... (william cooper, the alex jones deception) is another good video... but most alex jones types dont read...
edit on 16-1-2015 by D9Fox because: Bad Link At First

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I think the cultural difference has more to do with what Americans or Europeans value in a person. As stated, you seem to value composure while I think that there aren't enough loud people in the world. For what its worth, I know a fair amount of Americans who agree with you. But on a whole, most Americans value the hard-headed, redblooded go-getters, because that's the foundation of our country, and that quality is very important to all of us.

I won't even suggest that Alex Jones doesn't lay it on really thick at times, but I usually find myself so frustrated with everything that I lose it, and AJ's rants sound like everything I feel yelling back at me from my radio. Its too strong of a feeling for me to think that it's all an act.

I prefer Alex over the other hosts on the local talk radio because he's a great reminder that feelings and passion are okay. Quite a lot of people who force themselves to maintain composure (not that composure is bad) are, like many people, under the impression that revealing feelings dampens your credibility and makes you seem less respectable. Its nice to have tact, but I compared Alex with a politician because, while they're not alike at all, they ARE the same thing. They're both humans.

One is calm and composed whenever a camera is pointed at them, shrouded underneath their nice respectable image and spotless public face.

The other is a raging Texan who wears all his emotions and beliefs on his sleeve.

^ Which sounds more trustworthy?

He can be an easy person to dislike--hell, he's almost lost me as a listener a couple times. But as said, quite a lot of us very much value the raging freedom fighters that we have.
edit on Xx62520231AM12 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Isn't there an old video of Alex Jones talking about local from many many years ago before he got involved in all this conspiracy stuff? It would appear that this is just who he is. Either way, conspiracy theorists in general are too quick to claim someone works for the CIA or are a shrill.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Alex is a good man in my opinion. I dont believe hes a shill or an agent but i do believe hes a bit "afraid" to talk about those phoney Jewish people currently in Israel

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

lol I never implied he was any of the sort...I'm not some wackjob who believes in aliens or this sort of crap..but I do strongly believe there are disinfo agents out there..for the best way to defeat the opposition is to become the opposition...and Alex wackjob Jones is doing an amazing job making us all look like nutters.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

well said brother, well said.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is no way to tackle the question "Is AJ (or anybody else) a shill on that or that topic?" other than finding out for yourself the objective truth about a subject (WWII, Holocaust, 911, AIDS, Global Warming). Only once you've got a firm grip onto something, then, and only then, you can use what you've learned to flawlessly judge whether someone else is sincere or not.

For instance, you can start sight-seeing the Eisenhower Rhine Meadow death camps and find out there is something terribly wrong with the WWII version we were taught at school. And there you go, ready for the dive. Five months later, when you surface again as a person reborn, you can ask yourself, hey, what's AJ telling us about the NAZIS? What? Nothing but pure evil? What the heck, either he's a fraud or he knows nothing.....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join