It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I share this as inspirational current-event news in the face of so much current adversity in our world. Moderators may feel the need to place this news story in the Religious basket, and I have no objection to their qualified management of ATS affairs.
However, I personally believe that inspiration itself, knows no religion. Nor do comfort or love. Nor mercy or compassion. Nor grace and forgiveness. Most especially grace and forgiveness.

Our world would see this man as disabled, but those with the hearts and minds to know better, see the truth. This man is empowered by Truth itself. Infinite Truth will stand in the face of all scrutiny and the more you exercise your right to test it against all other purported truths, the brighter it shines.

Evangelism within communism

Vujicic was born with tetra-amelia syndrome, a rare disorder characterized by the absence of all four limbs. Amid childhood bullying, he once tried to drown himself.

Vujicic, who is able to stand up and move around on his pelvis, shuffled round on a small table set up on a stage on corner of the field. In a talk laced with jokes, platitudes and attempts at Vietnamese, he spoke out against bullying and drinking; on the need for forgiveness and hope; and respect for family. All those themes resonate with Vietnamese and their leaders, one of whom — the vice president — was watching from the VIP area.
Nguyen Dat An, a Christian who organized the trip, said he was surprised the state broadcaster didn't cut off Vujicic's speech when he brought up God and heaven.

This was a miracle in Vietnam," said An. "God is the general director of this event."

join