It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instructions in God : I

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
He who stops not only does not proceed further, but turns back.

Good deeds are inexhaustible and require perseverance, or increasing goodness, to keep them good.

Strive to have virtue which takes no breaks.
Persevere until the goal is accomplished,
and the soul in Heaven.

Grace is easily turned into disgrace by avarice and selfish intention,
So be peaceful in victory and peaceful in defeat.
Trust always that God understands your weakness,
and be comforted in humility and trust.

Give generously what you possess of wisdom and virtue, as God has given generously to you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As long as any person acts as being told in the bible, we would have a wonderful, perfect world. They don't. Especially those who are the loudest about being the with the most of faith and believe.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

"Especially those who are the loudest about being the with the most of faith and believe."

That would not be virtue, that would be the opposite of humility.

Those who have the loudest spirits are silent enough to hear them.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Romans 8

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

----What can keep us from God?

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

---What do the Sheep carry with them after the slaughter? The Wool as a new robe (Body). No weapon formed can prosper. We are more than conquerors.

edit on 24-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Okay, but what do you mean by the "Body"?

I always figure that we must flip the switch in our perception to that we live in what we formerly thought was death, and die to life we formerly lived in the world.

Know what i'm saying? To be alive in Christ is to be dead in to the world, or rather, a sheep facing slaughter.

But I always thought we had a weapon: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

edit on 073131p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If the goal is getting into heaven, is that not in itself an act of selfishness? - Or is there a point to getting into heaven, except to please one self?
Does it please God? - and if it does, why? Does he need us to get into heaven?
If it pleases God that we get into heaven, does he then take comfort in the pain that is inflicted on those who do not? - or is it simply to scare people into believing?

I could go on for a while - but I'll stop here.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

The goal is to live a life where we bring people to Heaven having already known Jesus. To do good, because we are a part of the ultimate Good, and make people realize that. And yes I do take joy in doing it, there is joy in good deeds and I do not find enjoyment of goodness to be selfish.

There is nothing on earth more painful than being good. we must walk the mountainous path instead of the smooth, and shady one.

You have inspired me to write another thread. Be patient, I'll have it for you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Would you not want your kids with you?

He takes no pleasure in losing any child, the reason why He came in flesh and died for us.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Well I don't have children - but I get your point. However, if I did have children, I would never judge them as harsh as he supposedly does.

If he does not take pleasure in losing his children, then why does he let it happen? Is he not all powerful?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

He is omnipotent, so He can do whatever He wants.

If we had a son/daughter who killed our other kids, would we be able to forgive them? He does and do forgive.

I know what you are saying. I have had many questions, still do every other day, asking "Why Father?" Only by faith does one get pass that. He doesn't stop anyone from coming to Him.

We let our kids go too, to make up their own minds and hoping they will choose what is good for them. Sometimes our kids never come back to us, and we only see their face again on our, or their death bed, and we will still forgive them and just be so happy they have returned - to see them one last time. Not all parents are so forgiving, but most souls are when it comes down to one's kids

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling/grammar

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Yes, I forgive everybody everything. Honestly, I don't believe in blame, I view the world through determinism, and just accept whatever comes as the inevitable result of what has already passed.

The problem with having faith is that history is fully of people who had faith in the 'wrong' things. It is illogical to have blind faith.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the thread I spoke of. Enjoy and understand, peace to you.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And i can see by the way you reply that you are a good soul

I found it hard to believe two years ago. Why i ever started to believe, with all of my soul, i cannot really explain. I felt empty, i was in a deep dark place. I was stuck.

I was guided, i didn't get here where i am today by myself. When i started my daily meditation, walking in with blind faith it was like my soul was guided. I started getting tips, be it in Scripture or something i would see or hear. I just keep on meditating in silence, on my bed. Perseverance is hard at times, i admit.

It is TRULY difficult, and so so hard to explain to anyone how awesome it is when you start having a relationship with Him.

For almost two years now i have not skipped meditation. I sometimes pray for an 1hr plus. When one go into a deep prayer, you are not on earth but in spirit. It is simply indescribable. That is how i know my faith is not blind, anymore

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't you having your eyes set on Jesus and Jesus alone be considered "stopping" and not progressing? Christians are stuck in their ways, meaning they refuse to move forward because they think they have already reached the end.

Christianity, ahem Paulianity, is the quintessential stopping point in many people's lives and has stopped the world from progressing. If it weren't for the Dark Ages (Christianity), who knows where we'd be right now? We might have already found other life and been in contact with it, maybe even more than that.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I like how Paul states that people who were under the Law were cursed because those who didn't follow it were cursed.

Galatians 3
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

How is his version any better? Those who don't have faith in Jesus are cursed are they not? Aren't they sent to hell just as those who didn't follow the Law were? So how is his version of salvation any better than the one written in the Torah?
edit on 24-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Okay, but what do you mean by the "Body"?

I always figure that we must flip the switch in our perception to that we live in what we formerly thought was death, and die to life we formerly lived in the world.

Know what i'm saying? To be alive in Christ is to be dead in to the world, or rather, a sheep facing slaughter.

But I always thought we had a weapon: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

edit on 073131p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

God asked Abraham to give his son as a sacrifice. Was God after his Son? Not at all. What Abraham loved was kept by him, just in the correct context of faith. God provided the sacrifice in place of the son. "All these things" we need for life are not what we give up. We sell all we have and follow Christ by our willingness to do this:

Romans 12 Audio (LISTEN)

His good, pleasing and perfect will covers all things. Give and never take.

Luke 6

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Selling all you have is willingness to do so if needed. Seeking God's kingdom and His righteousness offers what you offer back again. God does not need it. You need to let go of it as a sign of willingness. Can a person take this to the letter and sell everything and give it way, lacking what we need to take care of the family? Is this what God said? No. It is our heart we must offer over the goods of the world.

The heart fixes the rest.

What was the body of Christ in the audio above?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The secret to that mystery is found in this thread: Mystery of Moses Wandering the wilderness is the curse. It won't get easier, it gets harder. Finally, it ends in fire. We inherit a garden and leave it a field of burning weeds. Where would you like to spend eternity? Here or across the Jordan in the promised land? Whatever your opinion of this world, it's a desert compared to paradise.

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I like how Paul states that people who were under the Law were cursed because those who didn't follow it were cursed.

Galatians 3
10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

How is his version any better? Those who don't have faith in Jesus are cursed are they not? Aren't they sent to hell just as those who didn't follow the Law were? So how is his version of salvation any better than the one written in the Torah?
edit on 24-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

And the reason it is not paradise is because we do not do the works that would make it paradise.

Do you agree that if all loved each other and all did good works to one another, that this would be paradise? Or do you think works don't matter? If so, you are only adding to the problem.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do you agree that if all loved each other

Thanks. New thread coming up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join