It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans: The Ultimate Experiment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I got to thinking a while back, Could humanity be one, BIG experiment? Think about it: a) humans worship some kind of deity, yet every religion has a different one(s), b) humans talk, yet scientists believe we "evolved" from NON-talking apes, c) as we advanced, we began to notice some very, VERY strange things such as(but not limited to) UFOs, strange space things and any others you can think of.
That is what I have found/thought. Thanks you for time.
SH

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Im sure most people will have pondered this though before,pretty vague for a topic tbh.....

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by flana23

Perhaps, but think: COULD humans be an ET experiment? Could this be why we have it noticed an increase of UFO activity? Could there be some great event about happen? Logical deduction is pointing somewhere....

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i find it creepy the moon always faces us in a perfect rotation, it was not always like this, just happens to be in this perfect situation at the time humans evolution multiples aggressively...

sure there are other things that are coincidental, but this one is especially odd!

Isnt it also convient that we cannot reach the stars, they are just so very very far away and the universe so so big - seems more like a cheap trick than reality some times.

I mean if you build an ant farm, you dont make it so huge you can never find the ants!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
i find it creepy the moon always faces us in a perfect rotation, it was not always like this, just happens to be in this perfect situation at the time humans evolution multiples aggressively...

sure there are other things that are coincidental, but this one is especially odd!

While you may find this condition to be creepy and odd, I can assure you that it is perfectly normal and fully explained.

You can read about it here and then maybe you won't be so creeped out.

Harte

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think its very possible that some alien culture stumbled upon an early earth, saw the lifeforms, and introduced some DNA to change apes into humans.

Why did some of the species work out, well only 1 really, the homosapien, and the others went extinct? Perhaps they had to refine their process.

Maybe the UFO's we see are them simply watching over their experiment.

Its as possible as anything in my opinion and perfectly logical.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Don't panic,

But maybe we are in some matrix that has been running for millions of years..only to find the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of your post OP, but thats the first thing that came into my mind when I read it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SHolmes

i disagree - look at the big picture of life on this planet - homosapiens fit neatly at the apex of hominid evoltion - which fits neatly into the patern of primate evolution homosapiens only superiority over several other primate branches is intelligence

as for "talking " - several of the higher primates have ridimentary vocal communications - they just lack vocal cord development for complex verbalisation - they have the inteligence - as demonstrated by several species ability to learn ASL [ american sign language ]

you are attempting to foist a extra layer of complexity on a situation that is perfectly well explained by naturalistic explainations

so if you want this notion to be taken serviously - you need evidence for it - which is ???????????

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Kudos to a not-so-ignorant ape.

Harte

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Or may be we are one of them

May be our human ancestors from distant star system came here in their spaceships and colonized this planet

edit on 24-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think if we just step back and take a look at what science is in general, it's really discovering the way things work right? Well what's fascinating is that it worked before we understood how it worked and thus, the information we grasp and are able to communicate after the discovery was there prior to our knowledge of it.

This to me indicates that there is a higher intelligence at work here. But to the OP, humans as an experiment? I know the US was formed as a giant social experiment by the founding fathers, or at least in their minds. I think it continues today. So society as an experiment is certainly happening, but I believe it's largely a product of other humans in power and control. Of course where they get their authority could be a topic for debate.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
if you take into the accounts of the ancient Indian epic..the Mahabharata?and other Indian epics they have so much in them that is is inexplicably weird. the speak of flying machines and powers that rate up there to ray guns and nuclear weapons, plus they had schematics of the machines too....so where did they get this advanced knowledge? anyway if you take all the accounts of abduction and the few videos and reports out there that are not hoaxes and epic fails at publicity...there does seem to a above normal interest in our activities. as for us being an alien experiment i think the theory is plausible since we cannot be the only life in the universe.
having said that perhaps they are just monitoring us like a lab rat, taking a few here and there to medically and physiologically record our progress or non progress....not necessarily to take our genes and use them..for if we did come from them they would not need our genes and DNA to make hybrids...they have the material already for that.
perhaps they are galactic police dropping in now and then to see what we are up to and how far we advanced in our technology. or we could be a zoo they have or just another planet they visit and hunt.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronthealien just another planet they visit and hunt.

Sounds like the predators.

edit on 24-5-2013 by SHolmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronthealien
if you take into the accounts of the ancient Indian epic..the Mahabharata?and other Indian epics they have so much in them that is is inexplicably weird. the speak of flying machines and powers that rate up there to ray guns and nuclear weapons,

Arabs - flying carpets. Greeks - flying horses (and chariots.) Amerind - flying shields. So what?

Originally posted by ronthealienplus they had schematics of the machines too....[/quiote]
You've been misled. The schematics you refer to were drawn in the 1950's.

Harte

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Can you point me to the Amerind texts that describe the OTHER STUFF you neglected in your reply above.
Namely I would like to see some Amerind references to explosions that produce signs, or symptoms, of radiation posioning.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shibz
Don't panic,

But maybe we are in some matrix that has been running for millions of years..only to find the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Sorry, I don't mean to make fun of your post OP, but thats the first thing that came into my mind when I read it.

That's what I immediately thought of too, haha.

This idea also reminds me of the novella "God's Debris" by Scott Adams (yes, the same guy who draws Dilbert). In it, he develops a theory that if an omnipotent deity ever existed, he doesn't now. Because otherwise there would be no reason for us to exist. Supposing he made us because he's lonely confines him to our human parameters of existing and feeling, which obviously he would be beyond. It couldn't be an experiment to see how things would play out, because he could know everything and know what would happen. But maybe the only thing impossible to foresee is what would happen if he no longer existed? So the only thing worthwhile to do is to commit suicide. Basically, god blew himself up, and we're the debris of what's left. He also theorized that with the growth of the internet and communication networks, maybe we're forming back into that state of being we see as god.
Do you think maybe an extraterrestrial civilization could have performed a similar act, maybe because they knew they were dying out?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Maybe we are just a program like the Sims, and the aliens are
just running us as said program?

Just a simulation to see how we react, see if we were worth their
time.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerial
Maybe we are just a program like the Sims, and the aliens are
just running us as said program?

Just a simulation to see how we react, see if we were worth their
time.

If they are, I wouldn't blame them. And judging by the things they would see going on, I can understand why they would be hesitant to make themselves indisputably known to us.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Harte

Can you point me to the Amerind texts that describe the OTHER STUFF you neglected in your reply above.
Namely I would like to see some Amerind references to explosions that produce signs, or symptoms, of radiation posioning.

Thanks in advance.

Just as there are no Hindu references to anything like that, there are also no Amerind references to anything like that.

Harte

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good grief! Okay, so, let's see, . . . .

As some ancient astronaut theorists suggest,
Or from primitive artwork expertly can guess,
Aliens kept human harems and intermingled,
While prehistoric men all remained single,
No wonder their books are a rousing success!

edit on 25-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join