It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1976 Tehran UFO Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello ATS, this thread will be of the 1976 Tehran, Iran UFO case which was a very famous UFO case.

The incident started at 0030 hours on September 19, 1976, at the Imperial Iranian Air Force command post which received four telephone reports of an unusual object in the sky. However, this was not from pilots, but from civilians who saw the objects. The reports show that the objects were not stars as they were much brighter than normal stars. Helicopters have been ruled out, as there were no helicopters in the airspace at the time.

After the report, General Yousefi, who was assistant deputy commander of operations, was called to clarify the situation. His initial explanation was that it was a star, but after consulting with the Mehrabad International Airport control tower, and actually looking at the object himself, he chose to send a F-4 Phantom II jet fighter out of the Shahrokhi Air Force Base to see what the object is.

At 0130 hours, the F-4 was launched to investigate the object. When the object was no more than 20 miles from the F-4, all communication and instrumentation was lost. The captain of the F-4, Mohammad Reza Azizkhani, had no choice but to turn away and head back to the base.

At 0140 hours, another F-4 was sent to investigate the object, this time the captain was Lieutenant Parviz Jafari. By the time the object was roughly 27 miles from the aircraft, the missile radar had locked on to the object. The signature of the object on the radar was similar to a Boeing 707's. When the object was 25 miles from the aircraft, the object began to move, it was clear that this was not something conventional.

The brightness of the lights was so great, that the pilot could not estimate the size of the object. The lights were flashing various colors: Red, blue, red, and orange. The lights appeared to be arranged as a square.

As the F-4 was in pursuit of the object, both moving south, a small object had detached itself from the original object and was now heading directly towards the F-4, causing Jafari to think it was attacking him. Because of this, Jafari had attempted to engage the missile system and launch an Aim-9 sidewinder missile towards the smaller object. However, weapons control, all instrumentation, and communications went down before the missile could launch.

The pilot then made a turn and a negative G dive to quickly get out of the path of the object. The object apparently followed him for roughly 3 or 4 miles before it changed direction and rejoined the original object.

All instrumentation, and communications were brought back when the object ended it's pursuit. Soon after, another object had detached itself from the original object, and pummeled straight down towards the ground. However, the object did not hit the ground, instead, it slowed down considerably just before reaching the ground, and had apparently landed. The F-4 was then flown at a lower altitude to investigate the object. The object had landed near the Rey Oil Refinery.

As the F-4 was approaching the runway, the object was observed to be following the aircraft on the approach, though had presumably left when the aircraft had landed.

A passenger aircraft near the area also had a loss of communications, possibly while the F-4 was attempting to chase, or was chased by the object(s).

Reportedly, the air traffic control crew witnessed the object fly over the control tower, even though not seeing the object on radar. And again, the electrical equipment was affected.

To sum it up: Air traffic control, and aircraft electrical equipment were all affected by the objects, an object actually detached from the original object, and started pursuing the F-4, the object fell at great speed, but yet came to a smooth stop and landed, the original object had lights configured as a square or possibly rectangle, the object actually followed the aircraft on approach, and a passenger aircraft was affected as well, presumably by the object.

Photo of document:

This is a very interesting case; it was very famous, and the crew had much credibility. One of the best UFO cases.

Thank you for reading.

edit on 24-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: Added photo of document.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Nice one but we have a thread on thisthis

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Yes indeed, nice one.
Now there's two nice ones, I think that's a good thing.

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Reportedly, the air traffic control crew witnessed the object fly over the control tower, even though not seeing the object on radar.

I believe I have not heard that before, probably I forgot.
Is a description of what they saw available somewhere?
I might have to look at the old thread too, it's been a while.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Thank you.
But I believe this thread adds slightly more detailed information, so I think it's okay that ATS has both of these.

Thanks either way.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Thank you for the kind words.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I believe I have not heard that before, probably I forgot.
Is a description of what they saw available somewhere?
I might have to look at the old thread too, it's been a while.

If I am correct, the air traffic controllers stated that in an interview.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I found one site that states the air traffic controllers witnessed the object flying over the airport, and presumably flew close to, or over the air traffic control tower.

Mehrabad personnel also saw the tubular/cylindrical object, the tower experiencing power and equipment failure as it over flew the airport.
www.factfictionandconjecture.ca...
edit on 24-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

This is a very interesting case; it was very famous, and the crew had much credibility. One of the best UFO cases.

I agree , this is still my favorite UFO case and one that I believe deserves to be brought up every so often as a reminder that this subject still holds some mystery

Was it ET ? ... Who knows but it is one of the few cases where I believe it could have been and until its satisfactorily explained I still lean toward that explanation .

new topics

top topics

join