It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God pick the Middle East?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

The values is the religion, they are not separate.

The religion of Virtue is the religion of the Spirit of God.

There is no superstition, but my dad always says "no shoes on the table," guess it's supposed to be bad luck.

But there is no such thing as luck, there is only the plan and what use people make of it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Well, one thing I asked before is "who is Jesus?"

was the answer..."my son"...?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
I was just wondering if people of the christian faith, know of any specific reason, why God chose, to send his only son, Jesus, to Israel?

I imagine the obvious answer, is that the Jews were God's chosen people. But I wish to dig deeper, and ask why was the Jews God's chosen people?

Frankly I don't think there is a reason. I am an atheist, and my theory is, that people generally pick themselves as their Gods' chosen people - and naturally that is why he would also send Jesus to them, to please their collective ego.
But I am very interested in bible history and christian apologetics, so if anyone has a more satisfying answer, I would love to hear it. Cause I have never heard one.

But surely, even if one does believe in the christian God, this must make one wonder. Why not somewhere else in Asia or South America? - or some third country across the Mediterranean sea?

Anyway - just a thought..

God had the plan from the beginning. How can this be? Because He already witnessed the end. When Abraham came along, the promise was given to Him. The Jews would be the light to the nations.

Dueteronomy 7

“The LORD did not set His affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath He swore to your forefathers that He brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands.”

Keep in mind that this was told to them after entering the promised land. For God, this is the future beyond what we have experienced ourselves. God has seen this to the end of time, yet we are still progressing through the story. There is also a secret to scattering the nation during the time of Moses across the wilderness. Not only did this happen, but it is a parable for what happens for all of us over time. I outline this here: Hidden Mystery of Moses

Egypt is symbolic of Earth

The Chosen People are symbolic of all of us who meet God at the end. He has already been there. A key to this is found in this quote:

8. As ye keep the holy Law of Love, which I have given unto you, so shall the Truth be revealed more and more unto you, and the Spirit of Truth which cometh from above shall guide you, albeit through many wanderings, into all Truth, even as the fiery cloud guided the children of Israel through the wilderness.
9. Be faithful to the light ye have, till a higher light is given to you. Seek more light, and ye shall have abundantly; rest not, till ye find.
10. God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.
11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.

He goes on to describe that law as love. Read the whole thing below. If you get the law of love and apply it to your being, the rest are merely details showing you how this light was delivered by Israel. We are grafted in to that tree. We have all been wandering this same wilderness with Moses.

LINK

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

read the thread, the answer is contained in truth which is infinite.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Well, one thing I asked before is "who is Jesus?"

was the answer..."my son"...?

It was "your father"

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

read the thread, the answer is contained in truth which is infinite.

so you're saying...there was no answer...only uncomfortable silence for you...since you probably weren't meditating.

Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Why do you not reply in the thread? do you not want the answer?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well the values don't need God to have virtue is my point. I have no trouble separating any part of the whole thing. But to me all the supernatural aspects, i.e. the parts not explained by conventional science, adds nothing of any value to the whole concept. They might help explain elements in the text, but they don't need to be true for virtues to to work.

The problem is that not all messages in the bible are virtues, some of them would be considered cruel by modern standards. Many messages, if not all, are open for interpretation, and so on.

Which is why I find religious dogmas dangerous.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Well I do think that it is the Spirit for which we must search in any religious dogma or text. I only take the Bible by letter when it is very obvious to me that something is literal. Otherwise, I do not judge and I allow God to give me the answer, or communicate it to my soul, which is often without words.

Do you believe in a soul?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Shouldn't the question be: why did the Middle East pick God?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

sorry...which thread would that be?

I missed your link somewhere....

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

No, I do not believe in the soul.
I generally don't believe in anything. I either know something or I don't know. I'll happily give qualified guess on different matters, but I will never believe anything without some kind of quantifiable evidence to back it up, if it goes against my better judgement.

In the sense that I won't question anybody on just anything. If you told me you had a sandwich for lunch I won't ask you for evidence. I makes sense. But if you told me you had a slice of soul for lunch, I might need some evidence. Cause I have seen a sandwich before - I've never seen a soul.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That is why logic is less important to me than faith. Faith leaves me in a state where I understand things by knowing that I do not understand them.

With a statement like that logic would necessarily not be important to you.

I think the reasonable explanation is that posited by someone else that here was one of the concentrations of people but I would add and thus the need for control by religion, a need that continues unabated today.

There were of course other centres of population but migratory tracks bring the Judaic religions into Europe and thence to America and further by evangelism and missionary zeal. This is why we are most connected to them.

Other centres, other stories, however none that migrated quite as far and fast as the precursors of the Europeans.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I know one thing: that I know nothing - Socrates

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ley lines of the earth run in the worlds most holy sites.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There are no chosen people. Period. The "god" In the Hebrew bible was not omnipotent, omnicient, or omnipresent. He was a A.nun.na.ki named En.lil/Yahweh/Apollo etc. He had dominion over the semitic tribes, so of course he would favor his peoples. The same goes for En.ki/E.a/Ptah/Hephaestus etc.. He had dominion over the African/canaanite tribes. These were two half brothers who didn't see things the same way. There fueding goes back thousands of our years. If you want the true story, pick up the book titled: The Twelfth Planet by Zecharia Sitchin. This book is the Bible decoded. To be honest, you can't truly comprehend the Bible without reading his books first. It was En.lil/Yahweh who decided to wipe out mankind with a global flood. It was En.ki/E.a who told Noah from behind a reed screen to make a boat to save his self and his family.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Surely it is a simple an answer as "because that is where the religious populations lived" ?

Seems a bit pointless to send Jesus to the Eskimos, right?

Seems a bit pointless to send him where he's most needed? Makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I know one thing: that I know nothing - Socrates

Perfect example of nonsense. He either knows something or he knows nothing. It cannot be both simultaneously. Furthermore, it's off-topic.
edit on 24-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hmm, if the religious types from which you are seeking information haven't been able to prove the very existence of a god, how would you expect them to provide you with a reason for the unproven god to send his unproven son to Israel? Their answer to the latter question would be as vacuous as their explanation of the first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join