It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Core Standards to be Used to Indoctrinate First Graders For the Good of the Collective.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

BTW, thank you for the info you added. If you find any more please let us know.

Will be posting some new info as I find it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by beezzer
At my son's previous school, they recommended Ritalin because he was getting bored and squirrely. I said "Give him more work to do".

I am waiting for my note on that very subject Beez....just waiting....to which they get a "Dear John" letter from me.

If you get that letter, ask how much physical activity he gets in a day. The basic rule of thumb for attention span is 15-20 minutes for kindergarten, add 5-10 minutes per grade level. Beyond that and the kids need to move. I can provide you with more info if you need it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

He gets plenty of activity. He is just a dreamer and if you know Myers-Briggs, he is an engineer at heart. He is actively thinking of ways to improve the world around him, the systems he operates in and the rules that define them. Sadly, our school system doesn't promote individuality, only conformity and numbers.

Like I said in a different post, he is intelligent and the school system doesn't care about that. They care about numbers.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

He gets plenty of activity. He is just a dreamer and if you know Myers-Briggs, he is an engineer at heart. He is actively thinking of ways to improve the world around him, the systems he operates in and the rules that define them. Sadly, our school system doesn't promote individuality, only conformity and numbers.

Like I said in a different post, he is intelligent and the school system doesn't care about that. They care about numbers.

Is he in the gifted program? Sounds like he needs to be challenged and encouraged to use his creativity.

In the past, when I've worked with students like your son, I'd give them an extra project to do. It was always their choice on the subject and format, basically letting them have free reign. They come up with the most amazing projects to share with the other students, which in turn makes the others want to be "challenged." Perhaps you might me ton this to his teacher?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by FyreByrd

You base you opinion on a radom you tube video and not verifiable facts? Some ignorant "Christian Nation" freek out of Utah.

Perhaps you should tend to your own critical thinking education.

I am basing my argument on what can be read in those books seen in the video, the man doesn't just talk about them, he SHOWS YOU WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THEM... I find it strange that you are claiming that I am making this up when I have provided evidence for it, and this evidence can be seen at least in those Common Core Standards books that are shown in the video...

BTW, perhaps you should stop posting since all you can do is offer insult...

And because something is written in a book makes it true?

I never said you were making anything up - just sensationalizing something rather ordinary.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

And because something is written in a book makes it true?

I never said you were making anything up - just sensationalizing something rather ordinary.

If you are going to try to argue, instead of discussing, a topic without reading the evidence provided, simply do not respond at all.

You have to be crazy to claim I am just sensationalizing when there is PLENTY of evidence and sources corroborating my argument in this thread.

I have proven that the Common Core Standards are for indoctrinating not only America's children, but the future generations in every country on this planet.

Perhaps I should just stop by any of your threads, the ones I see in your profile only have one source, or you just give your opinion which is "sensationalizing" those story as you claim I am doing here... In this one thread I have given more sources corroborating my argument than you have posted in all your threads and posts put together 10 times over... Go figure...

(BTW, in case you don't notice this last sentence is my sarcastic way of just saying "let me argue with him just for the sake of arguing", which is what you are doing here...)

edit on 29-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 29-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Sorry, but that is NOT part of the Common Core. Those books he keeps referring to are terrifying, I'll grant you that. But the CC does not stipulate what textbooks to use. Books are chosen by the individual school systems, and even then teachers don't always use them.

I'd be very interested in finding out more about those textbooks. Any chance you have information about them?

PLEASE, FOLKS . . .
[color=6699FF]avoid assuming that the initial implementation of the CC will be all that offensive to the average TV, movie, computer games zoned out sheeple. This is the opening . . . the camel's nose under the tent. They are seducing the Nation and planet into their GROUP-THINK BORG mentality. They are establishing a system; a STANDARDS ISSUING structure. They are establishing an INTELLIGENCE COLLECTING SYSTEM to identify and track (A) good BORG drones for their tyrannical machine and (B) those who will likely be noncompliant and/or a threat to their system. The Draconian content will creep in bit by bit as the heat in the water for the frog in the bucket.

This is BRAVE NEW WORLD, 1984, etc. LITE. This is the innocuous sounding intro. This is infanticide labeled "CHOICE." The black-booted elements will come incrementally later. They WILL CERTAINLY COME.

And those bucking the tide WILL be tagged and eventually shuffled to the death camps.

I don't know if the link will show the image, or not. It does, for me when I click it from preview. It shows the image has been moved when I use the img tag. It's evidently still there in my account but perhaps not from the original account I copied it from. Failing that--go to photobucket.com and search "George Orwell" for a wealth of sobering images.

i37.photobucket.com...

edit on 29/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags worked in preview not when posted sigh.

edit on 29/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I don't know in specific cases . . . however . . .

I'm quite confident that O's cyber warriors are busy on ATS as on other sites trashing patriotic revelations and their posters.

Some folks are just uninformed.

Some are clueless.

Some have their heads in the sand or other dark places.

Some are still grossly overly trusting of governmental & related orgs.

Some have no clue about the stark horrific realities of globalism and the global elite.

Some are, no doubt, paid shills for those tyrannical elite.

Some are just naïve.

NEVERTHELESS, this CC stuff IS critical tyranny at the early stages. You are doing a patriotic service to those who remain functionally un-lobotomized by the globalist brainwashing media etc.

Praise God you are standing up and giving evidence of being an honorable patriotic person against satanic tyranny.

He never said it would be easy.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect REQUIRED textbooks at this early stage. They realized that's a red flag to a lot of patriots so they've backed off on that demand. It WILL come later.

This is the softening up and conditioning stage getting folks to accept THE STRUCTURE AND THE SYSTEM as well as the intelligence collecting aspect of THE SYSTEM AND STRUCTURE.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If you are going to try to argue, instead of discussing, a topic without reading the evidence provided, simply do not respond at all.

I'm not arguing.

You have to be crazy to claim I am just sensationalizing when there is PLENTY of evidence and sources corroborating my argument in this thread.

Ad Hominem attack - do you know what sensationalizing means? You have never stated a clear argument in your over-the-top rant. And you corrobration is dubious.

I have proven that the Common Core Standards are for indoctrinating not only America's children, but the future generations in every country on this planet.

You have proven nothing. I'm still waiting for an answer as to how having 'standards' for what should be taught in math, science and other classes is indoctrination. They are mearly a standard curriculum, suggesting what SKILLS should be taught and when. I don't agree with them either but I don't see any indoctrination beyond that which is true in any school or teaching environment.

You just don't like the 'worldview' presented, have never said why and want me, and others to follow your lead to where I cannont say.

Perhaps I should just stop by any of your threads, the ones I see in your profile only have one source, or you just give your opinion which is "sensationalizing" those story as you claim I am doing here... In this one thread I have given more sources corroborating my argument than you have posted in all your threads and posts put together 10 times over... Go figure...

(BTW, in case you don't notice this last sentence is my sarcastic way of just saying "let me argue with him just for the sake of arguing", which is what you are doing here...)

You are welcome to do as you wish. I generally post things for discussion to hear different sides to an issue to help me come to an often temporary opinion.

When I have a strong opinion on an issue or topic, I site many sources both for and against - to get information out - not my opinion. And I DON"T FREAK OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They are not going to implement this right away in every corner of the nation, but they are trying part of the goals in some states, and counties, such as Utah.

Apart from the indoctrination you can find in this thread sources specifically saying that these standards are bad news, they are dumbing down our children, exposing them to books by the "EPA" from an early age, surely to lure children from an early age to follow the agendas these rich elites want Americans to believe in to implement them 100% without as least resistance as possible.

I am not making any of this up, read the links provided in this thread. You are saying this is not happening, yet there are other teachers, and educators who say it is happening, I can't dismiss all this evidence.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Now you are accusing me of ad hominem attack?... After your first try to dismiss this, for some reason after I started posting more sources corroborating my argument you stated in your second post, and I quote:

You base you opinion on a radom you tube video and not verifiable facts? Some ignorant "Christian Nation" freek out of Utah.

YOU are the one trying to dismiss this by making ad hominem attacks and red herrings. I am not going to dismiss what all the people in these sources are saying when they are showing proof of the dumbing down and indoctrination that is taking place.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing, and it is true that I have shown more sources in this one thread than you have in all of yours, including your posts.

There are several links, with excerpts presented in this thread, including left-wing sources like the huffintongpost, and at least I gave the name of a Democrat blog where they discuss the indoctrination found in these standards...

I am not going to waste any more time discussing with someone who just wants to argue and just wants to dismiss what all the sources presented in this thread have to say.

My point has been made, if you want to know what my argument is you should stop being lazy and read my responses and the links provided.

Again, if all you will do is just dismiss all the evidence provided you should stop responding at all. There is no interest in my part to argue with someone who just wants to dismiss all the evidence provided.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The following is from a previous thread of mine:

And what has this got to do with Sustainable Development? Well, here is the answer straight from the horses mouth...

'Education for Sustainable Development Toolkit'

"Generally, more highly educated people, who have higher incomes, consume more resources than poorly educated people, who tend to have lower incomes. In this case, more education increases the threat to sustainability."

There you have it, in their own words, intelligent people are a threat to their planned sustainable future!

UNESCO goes on to reiterate this agenda:

"Indeed, in the 21st century, the literacy of SD will be as essential to comprehending the world as were the traditional skills of reading and writing at the start of the 20th century."

"The effectiveness must ultimately be measured by the degree to which ESD changes the attitudes and behaviours of people, both in their individual roles and in carrying out their collective responsibilities and duties as citizens"

This is then backed up by the 'Performance Instructions Manual' which states that:

"Learning has not taken place until behaviour is changed."

"Values, attitudes and interests can be learned/taught and also objectively evaluated."

Doe that not stink of indoctrination?

But how would one "objectively evaluate" an individuals values, attitudes and interests? Well, they do it through assessments, of course. The term 'assessment' has replaced the original term 'test' because the latter is easily definable, it is basically a measure of objective knowledge.

Ask yourself; what do I assess?

Well, you assess your house for it's value. You assess your car for it's value.

So now we are assessing our children for their value, their perceived value to society, based on how well they think like a globalist.

Lenin once said:

"Take away a peoples heritage and they are easily persuaded."

Which is why the subject of history is always one of the first to come under scrutiny...

'National History Standards Textbook'

"One of the most common problems is the compulsion students feel to find the one right answer. Or worse yet, they rush to closure, reporting back as self evident truths the facts or conclusions presented in the documents or texts."

It's very '1984 - doublethink' in it's technique. It's aim is to confuse the pupil by introducing a grey area, muddying the water of documented history, slowly replacing unacceptable history with an acceptable version. Their acceptable version.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Some people just want to argue, no matter how many sources are posted corroborating the arguments being made, just to argue, and they want to dismiss the entire thread simply because they don't want to accept what the sources provided have to say.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You are welcome to do as you wish. I generally post things for discussion to hear different sides to an issue to help me come to an often temporary opinion.

When I have a strong opinion on an issue or topic, I site many sources both for and against - to get information out - not my opinion. And I DON"T FREAK OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Really?... Ironic, I have looked at your threads and only see you providing one source, and sometimes just your opinion...

In at least one thread of yours you ask people to be civil, and actually, let me quote you...

Please be civil. Just 'Denying Racim" is just Denial and doesn't make it true. We all have prejudces of one sort or another and until we acknowledge them and look at them in the light of day, we'll never be whole.

Yet when it is a topic you don't want to accept all you do is try to attack the messenger, and dismiss all the evidence provided simply for the sake of arguing...

If for you presenting several links and sources is "freaking out", I guess for you being "easy going" must mean presenting few to no evidence at all corroborating your argument...

Anyway, if you are not going to read the sources being provided and discuss the argument, and instead you are just going to continue attacking the messenger, proclaiming such and such person is just a religious lunatic or whatever, just don't respond please. We are trying to have an intelligent argument here and childish responses are not welcomed.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Some people just want to argue, no matter how many sources are posted corroborating the arguments being made, just to argue, and they want to dismiss the entire thread simply because they don't want to accept what the sources provided have to say.

That problem is your sources are based upon assertions that CAN be used to distort reality.

The issue is that you assume you know what motives other people, you see liberal conspiracy
When there might be no real conspiracy to be had.

Should I assume that people who teach biblical creationism are trying to make kids into
Half retarded, cheap labor for corporations?

Because that is the type of thought you are employing
edit on 29-5-2013 by Idonttouchmethere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonttouchmethere
The issue is that you assume you know what motives other people, you see liberal conspiracy
When there might be no real conspiracy to be had.

I did provide even left-wing sources who say the Common Core Standards have many issues and are dumbing down children.

Please scroll back and read the other sources provided. This thread only has 4 pages.

Here are the backgrounds of some of the people who are sources provided in this thread who corroborate the fact that the Common Core Standards are dumbing down America's children, and are indoctrinating children to follow progressive agendas.

Diane Silvers Ravitch (born July 1, 1938) is a historian of education, an educational policy analyst, and a research professor at New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. Previously, she was a U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education.

Career

Ravitch began her career as an editorial assistant at the New Leader magazine, a small journal devoted to democratic ideas. In 1975, she became a historian of education with a Ph.D. from Columbia University. At that time she worked closely with Teachers College president Lawrence A. Cremin, who was her mentor.

en.wikipedia.org...

Karen Schroeder is President of Advocates for Academic Freedom, a member of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's Educational Communications Board, an experienced public school teacher, and an educational consultant.

truthinamericaneducation.com...

By way of background, I’m an African American Doctor of Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) currently serving as Director of Clinical Training & Community Advocacy at a private child psychology clinic in South Jordan, Utah. I completed undergraduate education at both the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, and Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. In addition to my personal experiences involving my four children in public schools, I have completed multiple thousands of hours in training/therapy/assessment/legal advocacy work with children in both the private and public school settings in multiple western states. I am also the author of a award winning doctoral project/dissertation which tackled the ago old problem of why many African American school aged children underperform in public schools titled, “Cracking the Da Vince Code of Cognitive Assessment of African American School Aged Children: A Guide for Parents, Clinicians & Educators” (Thompson, G. 2008).

truthinamericaneducation.com...

Among these, and for those who claim that the "utahnsagainstcommoncore are just a bunch of religious nuts", or whatever you want to claim to dismiss these arguments, here are the comments and some info on some fo the sources from not only Utah, but other states presented in that website.

What some leaders are saying about Common Core.

Common Core could highly impact a parent’s control of their child’s education and really cripple the role of local school districts. One technique in education we have yet to use, having tried all others, is freedom. -Congressman Rob Bishop

Common core is too common for Utah. We do not need regulations from outside of Utah directing our local education efforts. It is imperative that we maintain state supremacy and control of our most important resource – the children of Utah. -Utah Senator Margaret Dayton

Common core has been hijacked by Obama’s Dept of Education robbing Utah of its sovereign right to control education. -Utah Senator Mark B. Madsen

The wisest move all states could make to ensure that students learn to read, understand, and use the English language appropriately before they graduate from high school is first to abandon Common Core’s “standards”. -Dr. Sandra Stotsky, Former Asst Superintendent of MA, Current Professor at Univ. of AR

The proposed Common Core standard is similar in earlier grades but has significantly lower expectations with respect to algebra and geometry than the published standards of other countries. -Dr. Jonathan Goodman, a professor of mathematics at the Courant Institute at New York University

[A state] shouldn’t relinquish control to a consensus of states any more than the federal government. -SC Gov. Nikki Haley on why their state is leaving Common Core

www.utahnsagainstcommoncore.com...

BTW, there have been other members who have presented more evidence, not just claims, corroborating our arguments. Thanks again to those members for providing more evidence.

Also, some other members and I posted evidence on the agendas that at least some of the founders of the Common Core Standards have, and how they are obviously trying to indoctrinate many of these same agendas on children from an early age.

What else would you call for example changing fictional books, that do not try to instill any particular political agenda, for books recommended for reading by the EPA...

Should we perhaps refer to some of the threads in these forums on what the EPA has been doing lately to force their views on Americans?...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
In regards to the topic and trying to associate this to party issue is silly IMO. There is no such thing as a republican or democrat issue. Both have the same agenda and bosses , they just sit on opposites ends to cover the majority of the spread.

Its very simple: when it comes to money now days there is very little discrimination among race,religion, or political ideals. its just business and getting the most return on your investment.

There is no politics that take place in DC, just business. Making politics a team sport is what allows them to keep you from seeing straight.

I don't doubt that the large corporate dogs aren't trying to manipulate our kids into being good consumers and cheap labor force. Thinking this is a political tactic is being short sided and not seeing the big picture of the true agenda.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Where do you live? I'm thinking of relocating just so you can be my son’s teacher this year.

Kudos to you, you sound like a great teacher and genuinely concerned with helping the kids.

Thanks for offering your insight on the subject as I'm sending my Son to kindergarten this year and I can't say that I'm not 100% comfortable with it. I have looked at private ,charter and public schools in my area. Pretty much took out the charter school from the equation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join